please reverse winds of disenchantment changes

Lighter.5631

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:That would make it too powerful in WvW. But as is it has no use in PvE or PvP.

TBH I'm open to any change that expands it's usage in other modes.

Why would it make it too powerful in wvw, in wvw is always used with balanced stance.on top of that, if it's immobile, you can actually wait it out, or walk around it, buta mobile WOD is actually stronger in WvW zergs that will charge into your zerg can break the formation.

just imagine, is 5 immobile dome on a battlefield scarier, or 5 dome that is charging at you, the answer is clear.

@Lighter.5631 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:That would make it too powerful in WvW. But as is it has no use in PvE or PvP.

Why would it make it too powerful in wvw, in wvw is always used with balanced stance.on top of that, if it's immobile, you can actually wait it out, or walk around it, buta mobile WOD is actually stronger in WvW zergs that will charge into your zerg can break the formation.

just imagine, is 5 immobile dome on a battlefield scarier, or 5 dome that is charging at you, the answer is clear.

I mean, if it becomes a mobile non channeled skill it would be OP.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

i mean, if the changes is reversed, it wouldn't be mobile.

@Lighter.5631 said:

I was taking your original post to imply just making it a mobile non channeled version of the current version.

I think Dagger 5 could be reworked as a ground targeted AoE that worked like a mini-WoD that removed boons, blocked projectiles, but not keep more boons from being applied. That would give Spellbreaker back a lightening field for the leaping dazes and a viable OH that is not shield, well that and if Dagger 4 cleaved.

I was taking your original post to imply just making it a mobile non channeled version of the current version.

I think Dagger 5 could be reworked as a ground targeted AoE that worked like a mini-WoD that removed boons, blocked projectiles, but not keep more boons from being applied. That would give Spellbreaker back a lightening field for the leaping dazes and a viable OH that is not shield, well that and if Dagger 4 cleaved.

He never implied it would be mobile. He made it clear it would be immobile.

@Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485 said:

He was complaining about the channel and wanted the channel gone. I read that as no channel but mobile with the warrior, which would be op in WvW. I stand by my statement that the better change would be to rework dagger 5 to be what the old WoD was but slightly less powerful. OH Dagger needs the love anyway.

He was complaining about the channel and wanted the channel gone. I read that as no channel but mobile with the warrior, which would be op in WvW. I stand by my statement that the better change would be to rework dagger 5 to be what the old WoD was but slightly less powerful. OH Dagger needs the love anyway.

read the title "reverse change", WoD became a channel and mobile is in the same exact patch.

@felix.2386 said:

read the title "reverse change", WoD became a channel and mobile is in the same exact patch.

Yes, I understand, I was reiterating what I took his statement to be when I first read it. I still think making Dagger 5 a mini WoD would be a better change for Spellbreaker.

• 1 month later...

@felix.2386 said:

@Chiispi.1694 said:The warrior is dead in WvW, what a dumb people

dead as a one button bubble bot? im glad, because it is boring as hell

Dead cos the nerf of the horn, the nerf of the break enchanment, and dead cos the nerf of the bubble. One thing is nerf a class, other very different is make a class that was on the meta umplayable in WvsW

They should make WoD pulse around the Spellbreaker dealing Power based damage per tick and removing boons for 5 seconds, 1 tick per second.The player can then, at any moment, choose to drop their WoD, leaving it behind in a larger AoE for slightly more damage for the remaining duration.Range when pulsing on the SpB : 200, practically need to be melee range for it to hit targets.Range when dropped and left behind : Same as live WoD.

I just want WoD to have more damage in PvE and be hands-off in exchange for extremely reduced range so it's not just some large dumb bubble only useful for WvW

@Yasai.3549 said:

They should make WoD pulse around the Spellbreaker dealing Power based damage per tick and removing boons for 5 seconds, 1 tick per second.The player can then, at any moment, choose to drop their WoD, leaving it behind in a larger AoE for slightly more damage for the remaining duration.Range when pulsing on the SpB : 200, practically need to be melee range for it to hit targets.Range when dropped and left behind : Same as live WoD.

I just want WoD to have more damage in PvE and be hands-off in exchange for extremely reduced range so it's not just some large dumb bubble only useful for WvW

There is no reason for it NOT to deal more damage in PvE. Not like there are that many boons to be removed there outside of certain days in FotM. I'd prefer a ground target skill with some range to it myself though, but then I've advocated turning dagger 5 into a mini WoD that is ground targeted and ranged so...

There is no reason for it NOT to deal more damage in PvE. Not like there are that many boons to be removed there outside of certain days in FotM. I'd prefer a ground target skill with some range to it myself though, but then I've advocated turning dagger 5 into a mini WoD that is ground targeted and ranged so...

My god OH Dagger is just so unappealing to use for Warrior in general.Like cool, it's kinda useful if yu use Pokemon Sun and Moon, but the skills itself from OH Dagger are just outshined by the defensive utility of Shield and the damage capability of Axe.

But like I said, if WoD is turned into a hands-free tick damage skill, it would still let the player use weapon skills at the cost of reduced effect range.

Or, they could simply balance the damage a little, and have WoD deal more damage to targets without boons, so enemies with boons stripped will take more damage if they are boonless ontop of not being able to gain more boons while in WoD's AoE.

@Chiispi.1694 said:

@Chiispi.1694 said:The warrior is dead in WvW, what a dumb people

dead as a one button bubble bot? im glad, because it is boring as hell

Dead cos the nerf of the horn, the nerf of the break enchanment, and dead cos the nerf of the bubble. One thing is nerf a class, other very different is make a class that was on the meta umplayable in WvsW

unplayable? you are exaggerating, its still meta.