Accidentally Salvaging Precursor Chaos Gun

Hi,

I'm fairly new to the game and recently found out that the exotic pistol Chaos Gun is a precursor for the legendary pistol Quip. I salvaged it a few days ago as I did not know it was a precursor, hence, I submitted a ticket requesting for it to be restored.

Unfortunately, the outcome was unfavorable. I was told that because I could still craft it, I would not be able to have it restored. I inserted a link in my email to another forum whereby other users had their precursors restored due to the accidental salvage but I was told that those players were unable to obtain another precursor since they have already crafted it once. Does this mean that veteran players who crafted precursors before and accidentally salvaging their dropped precursor can have it restored? Whereas on the other hand, new players like us who are learning the ropes of the game are denied this request simply because we are able to craft the item as we have yet to craft it.

In the case of veteran players, the final outcome would be that they had a total of 2 precursors, the first being the one they crafted by themselves and the second being a lucky drop.Whereas for the case of newer players like me, we would also have 2 precursors in the end but we got lucky and had it dropped first before we can craft it.In both cases, the outcome is that both players would have 2 precursors. However, the first case whereby veterans accidentally salvaging their precursors had it restored whereas newer players like me were denied the request.

I feel it is unfair treatment as in both cases the fault lies in the players. If Arenanet is able to restore the precursors for veteran players who accidentally salvaged the precursor, I do not understand why I am being denied of this request. Newer players are being penalized simply because we are able to craft the item again. If other players who accidentally salvaged their precursors did not have it restored despite sending a ticket I would accept its fair treatment. However, that is far from the case whereby other players did have their precursors restored whereas I was being denied the request.

I do hope that Arenanet is not giving preferential treatment towards some players. All players should be treated equally. If one player is allowed to have their item restored due to accidents, I believe other players should also have the same benefit.

Forum: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/33620/accidentally-salvaged-my-precursor-help

Yea I dont see a dif in these two things.Ask to get your ticket escalated to a Senior manager.

They can clearly see you have not crafted the precursor, have not sold it and the skin is unlocked on account.So restoring it having to you delete the materials you got from salvaging it ( if you know the aprox time and day you salvaged) should be enough to get it restored.

Try to get the issue escalated to a senior CS manager.

The only issue I might see here is:there seems to be no way to remove unlocked skins from an account. As such even IF a CS were to restore the precursor, you'd likely be required to account bind it immediately, thus reducing any chance of selling it, if this is desired by you.

Trying to find a positive in this: the value of the Chaos Gun is around 60 - 80 gold and while that might seem like a lot to a new player, is not that much in the grand scheme of things this being one of the cheapest precursors to salvage. Think of it as a lesson learned and being lucky not to have salvaged a precursor worth hundreds of gold.

@Linken.6345 said:Yea I dont see a dif in these two things.Ask to get your ticket escalated to a Senior manager.

They can clearly see you have not crafted the precursor, have not sold it and the skin is unlocked on account.So restoring it having to you delete the materials you got from salvaging it ( if you know the aprox time and day you salvaged) should be enough to get it restored.

@Cyninja.2954 said:Try to get the issue escalated to a senior CS manager.

The only issue I might see here is:there seems to be no way to remove unlocked skins from an account. As such even IF a CS were to restore the precursor, you'd likely be required to account bind it immediately, thus reducing any chance of selling it, if this is desired by you.

Trying to find a positive in this: the value of the Chaos Gun is around 60 - 80 gold and while that might seem like a lot to a new player, is not that much in the grand scheme of things this being one of the cheapest precursors to salvage. Think of it as a lesson learned and being lucky not to have salvaged a precursor worth hundreds of gold.

Thanks a lot for the advice! I escalated the ticket and am pleased to say that my Chaos Gun has been restored. Will definitely be more careful in the future when it comes to salvaging exotics!

I would also like to bring up that the gw2 community is fabulous! When i posted this on the forums, a generous player mailed me his own Chaos Gun and advised me to bring it forward. It really is encouraging that the community is willing to help one another. I have already returned him his Chaos Gun as mine has been restored. Rest assured, I will definitely help others to the best of my abilities in the future!

@Dorp.4216 said:I would also like to bring up that the gw2 community is fabulous! When i posted this on the forums, a generous player mailed me his own Chaos Gun and advised me to bring it forward. It really is encouraging that the community is willing to help one another. I have already returned him his Chaos Gun as mine has been restored. Rest assured, I will definitely help others to the best of my abilities in the future!

Glad you got it sorted OP