Class teir list for 3v3 mini season

Dantheman.3589

@Salek.1056 said:Could you also list what builds for each class? Like Necro Reaper? Heal warrior?

For some of them yeah. Heal warrior is obvious. Necro has too many builds rn to list. Rev has condi and renegade builds and some off meta ones that all work. Ele is obviously tempest at the top but some cc builds too. Engineer is explosives holo + scrapper(these would be at least A+, but got nerfed). Guardian is trapper dh + scattered burn/support builds (symbol guard is very dead). Mesmer is power/condi mirage and maybe chrono, this in some ppls hands is very good but in most not so I have it as C++. Ranger is basically condi builds and occasional 1shot builds or power builds, these work but are mediocre at best. Thief only really works as condi, staff bunker or DE but is still fairly terribad

@Dantheman.3589 said:S-S+ - NecroA+ - WarriorA - RevA— - EleB+ - EngineerB - GuardianC++ - MesmerD+ - RangerF - Thief

Based on meta specs and in some cases the average of the viable builds per class.

Had two groups, the Necro got rekt first always. Necro was a waste.I disagree with RangerI agree with Warrior and ElementalistGuardian would be an AMesmer I agree, can be an A if nobody pressuresThief? I feel like Daredevil would be good, but havent seen any

Warrior I agree and anyone else who can CC you for 3+ seconds (engineer and mesmer?) is very strong especially if all 3 pouncing on you too.

Since all 3 on you or stacked usually, That torment Revenant becomes super useful too.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

@Dantheman.3589 said:S-S+ - NecroA+ - WarriorA - RevA— - EleB+ - EngineerB - GuardianC++ - MesmerD+ - RangerF - Thief

Based on meta specs and in some cases the average of the viable builds per class.

Had two groups, the Necro got rekt first always. Necro was a waste.I disagree with RangerI agree with Warrior and ElementalistGuardian would be an AMesmer I agree, can be an A if nobody pressuresThief? I feel like Daredevil would be good, but havent seen any

Warrior I agree and anyone else who can CC you for 3+ seconds (engineer and mesmer?) is very strong especially if all 3 pouncing on you too.

Since all 3 on you or stacked usually, That torment Revenant becomes super useful too.

Necro is insanely op so that cannot change. Guard was nerfed to not viable in 5s but works in 3s and engi got big nerfs too. Ranger used to be ok in 3s cuz they could 1 shot but now they won’t and just have condi builds that are just worse than not even the strongest necro builds. Only thing I’d be willing to change is ranger to a C+, but I didn’t do that because there’s not a way to make it work even as good as Mesmer in high elo, aka legend rated +.

@felix.2386 said:guardian is higherengi also highernecro lower

if you running guardian with support warrior, guardian's ranking goes up by a lot. even better then holo with warcomp is really important, ev

Both got nerfed to oblivion which also eliminated the #1 threat, in fact the only threat to necro in legend+ skill rating besides maybe rev which would often be with an engi or guard, to necro which was already at least close to S teir making it definitely S now.

@felix.2386 said:guardian is higherengi also highernecro lower

if you running guardian with support warrior, guardian's ranking goes up by a lot. even better then holo with warcomp is really important, ev

I agree, and with comp.Warrior guardian is very nasty.

@Dantheman.3589 said:

Necro is insanely op so that cannot change. Guard was nerfed to not viable in 5s but works in 3s and engi got big nerfs too. Ranger used to be ok in 3s cuz they could 1 shot but now they won’t and just have condi builds that are just worse than not even the strongest necro builds. Only thing I’d be willing to change is ranger to a C+, but I didn’t do that because there’s not a way to make it work even as good as Mesmer in high elo, aka legend rated +.

Necro insanely op? yeah ok.Did I mention that necro that droped on my two teams?

Thing with warrior and guardian, if they get pressured they can handle it.Necro gets pressured they drop like a sack of potatoes, unless they got a warrior and a guardian or engineer or someone to mess with people who pressure others.

3v3, you gotta be good enough to handle pressure, necro, not so much, you asking to die first. Theres no nodes so people don't have urge to stick close by too.

plus 3v3 isnt developped enough, this rating is really just a first glance.in organized 3v3 with discord, there maybe better things,like something triple mes with mass invis+moa and insta kill a memberor even some pull combos etc.

i think comp and build is more important then what class you play really, in 3v3.

@felix.2386 said:plus 3v3 isnt developped enough, this rating is really just a first glance.in organized 3v3 with discord, there maybe better things,like something triple mes with mass invis+moa and insta kill a memberor even some pull combos etc.

We’ve already had seasons of 2s and 3s, of which I was legend rated in(surprised myself too), which had clear defined metas. Ofc there’s meme stuff that can work also but Imo it is very defined- more so than 5v5 because you don’t have to worry about multiple nodes on a map.

@Dantheman.3589 said:

@felix.2386 said:plus 3v3 isnt developped enough, this rating is really just a first glance.in organized 3v3 with discord, there maybe better things,like something triple mes with mass invis+moa and insta kill a memberor even some pull combos etc.

We’ve already had seasons of 2s and 3s, of which I was legend rated in(surprised myself too), which had clear defined metas. Ofc there’s meme stuff that can work also but Imo it is very defined- more so than 5v5 because you don’t have to worry about multiple nodes on a map.

lol if you think ranked will developpe anything for pvp you are wrong, a single world tournament has speeded up faster development for pvp then 2 years of conquest ranked season and meta really has been defined by pretty much mAT only as well. ranked season is casual at best.

and 2s and 3s are very different comp set up, not even the same thing. you may as well say 1v1 and 2v2 is the same thing lol.

@felix.2386 said:

lol if you think ranked will developpe anything for pvp you are wrong, a single world tournament has speeded up faster development for pvp then 2 years of conquest ranked season and meta really has been defined by pretty much mAT only as well. ranked season is casual at best.

and 2s and 3s are very different comp set up, not even the same thing. you may as well say 1v1 and 2v2 is the same thing lol.

Ok mr.anarchy. Disagree with list sure why not, but it’s imo 100% incorrect to say that 3v3 is underdeveloped.

@Dantheman.3589 said:S-S+ - NecroA+ - WarriorA - RevA— - EleB+ - EngineerB - GuardianC++ - MesmerC+/D+ - Ranger(Condi bunkers/ burst builds respectively)F - Thief

This is more like a question than a statement (as the total number of 3v3 matches I played is 4), but shouldn't builds be working in teamcomps in this format? Rating the classes on their own doesn't seem to make as much sense here. You can take 3 seemingly bad/nonviable builds and make a decent combo with them.

@Bazsi.2734 said:

@Dantheman.3589 said:S-S+ - NecroA+ - WarriorA - RevA— - EleB+ - EngineerB - GuardianC++ - MesmerC+/D+ - Ranger(Condi bunkers/ burst builds respectively)F - Thief

This is more like a question than a statement (as the total number of 3v3 matches I played is 4), but shouldn't builds be working in teamcomps in this format? Rating the classes on their own doesn't seem to make as much sense here. You can take 3 seemingly bad/nonviable builds and make a decent combo with them.

Balanced comp is a good thing and you could literally take a meta comp and do things like replace a necro with a condi ranger or even something like a condi thief and still pump maybe even up to legend. In fact there such an insane amount of comps that are literally the same thing that I can guarantee that knowing about the class will help. If 2 teams of similar skill and similar comp go against each other the one with better scores should win. Also it is useful for basically your average joe in an lfg group- because if they slap together a team of all A or B + classes with viable builds than the success rate will assuredly be better than a random lfg of lower tier builds ex. An all silver skill level team of necros will probably do better than a team of all silver level thief’s in climbing ranked and I think anyone’s that’s climbed 3 would probably agree with that.

@Dantheman.3589 said:

Ok mr.anarchy. Disagree with list sure why not, but it’s imo 100% incorrect to say that 3v3 is underdeveloped.

i never disagreed with the list as i already stated my position on my first comment, but sure put the words in my mouth.

i'm saying there's more possibilities and that 3v3 is no where near developed.and that 1 mini ranked season of 3v3 doesnt develop anything and that saying 2v2 is the same as 3v3 is literally saying 1v1 is the same as 2v2, it's wrong.even if 2v2 really equals 3v3 which is clearly not, 2 mini seasons of ranked, doesnt develop anything whats so ever. especially when lacking tournaments.

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:Let's be real, necro wouldn't be top if it wasn't for Lich. Doing pug matches as a shoutbreaker, Lich is the single biggest thing to have to account for besides my team being useless (Looking at you support FB).

Otherwise necro is pretty simple to deal with.

Nope. Necro doesn’t even need to take Lich form to be S teir.

@Dantheman.3589 said:

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:Let's be real, necro wouldn't be top if it wasn't for Lich. Doing pug matches as a shoutbreaker, Lich is the single biggest thing to have to account for besides my team being useless (Looking at you support FB).

Otherwise necro is pretty simple to deal with.

Nope. Necro doesn’t even need to take Lich form to be S teir.

Yes Necros are S++ tier right now. The problem is that it is overplayed and you will often come across garbage players which dulls the impact and gives the illusion that it is easy to deal with. In decent hands (not even good, just decent) necros in 3v3 can just mess you up real good.

I would love if anet just straight up limits 3v3 to solo Q and to one of each class. Keep the 3v3 team comps as separate tournaments for the try hards. Having to fight 2 necros/power revs/holos + a support composition is such a nightmare. It gets worse when they are on voice comms and chaining CCs while you have to literally type to your deadeye to focus the friggin target at 50% instead of the 100% barrier full health fresh out of the oven necro.