Where's the Q4 Roadmap ?

@DaFishBob.6518 said:

@DaFishBob.6518 said:I do wonder if perhaps they might instead re-release episodes 3 and 4 with VA work done some time in Q4 instead of a new episode release.

Perhaps, but the task of adding voice work to a couple of episodes doesn't require the efforts of the team of artists, programmers and other developers that creating a LS episode does. Those developers will have been working on the next episode already.

Adding the voice work to the previous episodes should occur alongside a future release or during a festival. It's already looking like there will be a 3-4 month gap between the episodes delaying the next episode any more would be a terrible idea, IMO.

But surely Anet is aware of a constituent of players that have chosen not to play these last couple of episodes due to a lack of VA work. It may be a reasonable decision then to schedule a re-release of those episodes to help ensure a healthy population exists on that map instead of the population being split between Drizzlewood Coast and the new map. Coinciding a re-release with the Steam release may also be a way to help promote the game by offering a full map instead of half, and doing so with material they already had prepared.

Maybe but of course that depends on how large the proportion of people who didn't play the episodes because of the lack of voice acting is. If it's large then it would make sense, sure, but if it's not that large then it doesn't.

Either way, adding the voice acting is less important to those of us who have already played the episodes. I'm going to run through them again once the voice acting is in place but I have played Drizzlewood to death. If they delay the new episode for that reason, well, I'll be annoyed. Especially if it means that the next episode is released in the new year. I can't see them doing that.

I don't think that the LS episodes will be all that exciting to me steam players, it'll be a long time before new players get to that stage, after all.

Well, there was a lot "on the table". Armory, Jeweiller crafting, alliances, regular balance patches, and a lot more. Unfortunately, during the COVID shutdown, someone totally unrelated to ANet cleaned up their office, and all the things on said table have been misplaced. The deafening silence during the last months is the result of all employees frantically searching for the items from that table.

Like others have said already in this thread, I'm guessing it might be because there's nothing particularly notable planned for Q4. Last quarter the underwater skimmer mastery and new fractal were probably exciting news for a lot of players, besides the usual living world episode releases. I hope I'm wrong though, and that there is something exciting planned which hasn't been announced yet.

I personally believe based on an educated guess the next Living world episode will be in Jan.

1. They wont want to add a new map, they want us in core and in older content with the new blood coming through steam. IF those users see our mounts, gliders and are recruited by guilds and are picked up into the pace by people who know the game the transition will be easier. I believe they expect these two communities (Steam and us ) to come together... likely it wont happen like that.
  2. Everything bangar and jormag have been saying points toward a vision of the past, probably involving jormag in some capacity and flushing jormag out like they did Ryland. Because as of now we STILL know next to nothing about the dragon.
  3. Aurene can't pinpoint jormag, and it seems like game time is going by real life time as jormag today says "Its been months since I've awoken" which means that I think Jormag isn't ready to come out into the light. Ryland and Jormag have a lot to talk about after all~

The most LIKELY candidate is a vision of the past similar to the one with rylands war-band with heavily grindy/time-gate collections; Likely this is where the programmers have gone and this also would require far less from the voice actors so they can catch up on the story thus far. This paints the picture that the next episode, like legit episode is going to come out in January. And this also supports the idea that the expansion will launch late next year; I honestly doubt that we will see the expansion prior to September 2021. (Which is pushing it.) Ideally if we want the expansion to be good as they hadn't been working on it until that teaser image/announcement that said one was in the works, the expansion might not launch until winter.

I also believe they would want to give the steam community as much time to catch up and familiarize themselves with the game as they can, two or so months is a good enough time. Considering holiday, the pandemic and how everything has been going I honestly don't believe that the odds of us finding or seeing a episode are high there is just too much going on right now and the steam release could pair nicely with the VoP and "having something exciting every month"

They likely will also do the second half of the major balance patch we got in feb at this time too, to put us in a position of needing to learn our classes again so the steam users aren't overwhelmed. Im pretty dang sure that we are going to get a VoP/The Steam release/Major Balance patch all at the same time and that would then supplement us for the lack of an episode because both competitive and PvE will have something to do. And The steam players will flood into the older maps and populate them again.

I don’t think steam and core maps has anything to do with it. Their abysmal marketing and trailers of the game on the steam page show how little they seem to think about it.

It’s likely they are just a bit behind which is fine and understandable, but they can just tell us that.

But I’m not sure they have their own game director anymore

I think they are either totally lost and lateorAll on the future extension.3 examples:

• Last living story dates from July 28th 2020 it's already mid october and halloween ends on November 3rd.They are already very, very late without talking about the fact that there is still no voice acting on the last 2 episodes.(a fractal or a raid isn't an episode of the living story )

• Last major balancing patch was released on February 25, 2020.We were promised dialogue which lasted 2 months and then after radio silence.

• WvW which has been waiting for more than 3 years for the alliances, with an announcement on August 30, 2019 "Alliances arrive in a few months". More than a year later, still nothing.

0 communication since the last road map (with less and less content), except the teaser of the new extension.

It's just an observation, so plan what will follow with covid, thankgiving, christmas, ...

• the release on steam in November which will probably cause a lot of problems to be solved.Anet seems to be struggling or it was decided to allocate resources differently.

In the spring, they had managed to get a fresh wind of renewal, fresh communication, Ls every 2 months, features requested by the community for 8 years, a team that takes care of the competitive balancing, ...It was really good!!!And then covid arrived and we went back several years in communication, delivery of content, ...We won regular PVP and PVE events, it's already good, let's hope they continue all year long ^^

Let's hope that the legendary armory comes out very very quickly so that the hype and people stay on here.

@"Ragi.7291" said:I think they are either totally lost and lateorAll on the future extension.3 examples:

• Last living story dates from July 28th 2020 it's already mid october and halloween ends on November 3rd.They are already very, very late without talking about the fact that there is still no voice acting on the last 2 episodes.(a fractal or a raid isn't an episode of the living story )

• Last major balancing patch was released on February 25, 2020.We were promised dialogue which lasted 2 months and then after radio silence.

• WvW which has been waiting for more than 3 years for the alliances, with an announcement on August 30, 2019 "Alliances arrive in a few months". More than a year later, still nothing.

0 communication since the last road map (with less and less content), except the teaser of the new extension.

It's just an observation, so plan what will follow with covid, thankgiving, christmas, ...

• the release on steam in November which will probably cause a lot of problems to be solved.Anet seems to be struggling or it was decided to allocate resources differently.

In the spring, they had managed to get a fresh wind of renewal, fresh communication, Ls every 2 months, features requested by the community for 8 years, a team that takes care of the competitive balancing, ...It was really good!!!And then covid arrived and we went back several years in communication, delivery of content, ...We won regular PVP and PVE events, it's already good, let's hope they continue all year long ^^

Let's hope that the legendary armory comes out very very quickly so that the hype and people stay on here.

If there has been '0 communication' since the last roadmap, how is it we know there will be a 'steam release'? How do we know they are, at least, aware of the performance issues? How did we know they fixed the Trading Post issue, or the sword issue in Drizzlewood? How did we know there would be VO in the Fractal, and the Voice Actors were working on the Living World Episodes?

I know it's not much, but it does seem to be more than '0'.

• 2 weeks later...