How it started & How it's going - WvW edition

blazefm.1693

@Strider Pj.2193 said:Like most aspects of WvW the players make the content... which makes this thread appropriate on several levels.

Looking for Anet to create it after 8 years of mostly misses..... well I guess those of us that still hope for something are delusional...

Well, the big whoosh is that what we are waiting for them to deliver on is to take away the stuff that hinder us from playing and making content.

It really is that crude.

• Quite alot of players would be happy with the idea of the players making the mode, if we only had access to the room, but the padlocks are on - full servers, queues and transfer fees, you name it - they may exist in the name of balance but there is no balance anyway so they're just hinders for us
  • At this point I would even be happy with them outright removing the transfer costs and just leave it up to the players to make it or break it with no holds barred - it would at least be putting the ball with the players (and would make blaming the players for what they do with it fair yet irresponsible)
  • The same could be said for server statuses - servers routinely get full and overpopulated anyway and popular communities that half the game transfer after to follow already bounce around to shed numbers and regroup rosters so that may as well be a feature instead of milking players out of the game with it while players have to behave in the same way anyway to maintain their communities and content - imagine taxing players for trying to survive and help you - no wonder less and less people try to create content when that is the very thing that is taxed (getting guilds together for squads that can be shared through pickup)
  • Other relatively simple changes that has been talked about recently is just to reskin EotM to EBG and OS to use that as an alternative mode to what the players already do anyway - that too just to see how the players choose to behave and what they do with it (as its not like it is taking anything away from the mode anyway), it at least gives them something to work with that is in line with existing behaviour but provides some different tech to use
  • It would be preferrable if it came with an idea of doing something creative and positive from that, but I would easily be happier with just that

Anet did more to WvW than nothing. However, the last changes which I remember were more or less cosmetics. Ow was redesigned, sm got a flatter wall,... I think, the last big thing was the introduction of the warclaw.

To save fights in WvW, I heard the idea of blob vs. blob fights in eotm. I know that it is to a little extend already happening but the plan is more or less "you are red, you join the commander for red, you fight blue and green in the middle". If you want rules or similar, go and make them.

@subversiontwo.7501 said:

• Quite alot of players would be happy with the idea of the players making the mode, if we only had access to the room, but the padlocks are on - full servers, queues and transfer fees, you name it - they may exist in the name of balance but there is no balance anyway so they're just hinders for us

It certainly does seem like the measures in place right now kinda force WvW into an annoying stasis. That prevents some behaviors that would make the game worse, but also means we're all just sorta sitting on our butts waiting for Anet to do anything to make it better.

nice, another pointless thread. and the first comment is "muh, players fault". really people, what hit you? anet doing only pointless changes and downgrades, since years. no wonder people are mad and leave the format.

the uneven servers are also just and only anets fault. they know and knew it since years, and the repairing kit was somehow tossed into the trash bin instead of going live. that is no secret, and it is pretty much absurd to blame the often crappy matchups, which are unfun to play for everyone, on the playerbase. not that many really old players are left even. many just hop servers in search of a better place, just there are no better places.

of all the changes, there have been not even 1% quality of life changes, which would been most profitable for a playerfocused competitively looking format.