What to do in WvW when you want to transfer and there is literally no place to go?

Gankiskhan.4671

So I have hit a wall in WvW which is the only game mode I play really even though Anet seems hell bent on forcing folks into PvE mode but that aside I am bored out of my mind. Most of my friends transferred long ago and I am stuck on a server I don't want to be on. Many servers don't PPT and love to sh1t on those who defend, flip camps, roam, sentry etc... etc.... I though well maybe I could sell my services to another server. Spy, sabotage,etc....and I have been trying this the last couple days but this is an equally boring play mode to what I am doing now which is solo roaming, and you become a heal. No one understands that you are simply trying to spice your game mode up while feeling trapped on a server. How does Anet justify trapping people on servers like this? All but a handful of servers are filled and the ones my wife and friends are on are full. Seems odd they would essentially through their silence flip the bird to many players who may want out of a server to join friends on another??What do you do when you are done with the game mode? I like the WVW (RvR) environment is there another game or better game out there? I hostly don't give a sh1t what I play as long as it is fair and the developers allow more flexibility in who you choose to play with. It doesn't seem like Anet gives two f00ks about WvW and this is a historical problem with them. What options do I have really? Trying not to complain but damn I've spent many years here and have time invested in gear and all of it for it to end like this. I'd like to play with my friends here but seems a lost cause.

Sincerely,Frustrated on BG

HAHAHA yea nothing to do with were they rank but I am bored I don't really mesh with BG anymore and I certainly don't like getting trolled for being a stand up player that is scouting, callouts, actually playing the game mode. Which happens far too often. Lets not even talk about the fact BG has a couple known trolls that are on chat all day everyday typing in caps and making a toxic mess everywhere and Anet won't do F00k to stop it. It all getting super old. That is the long and short of it and I can't play with friends on other servers because well reasons, please tell me the reasons Anet? Anyway, I just want suggestions or to know what makes other stick with it when shit is obviously stale or suggestion for a new game with an RvR component.

@LetoII.3782 said:If you aren't happy with BG's performance you're really up kitten creek

Try sPvP until next relink and see how much better the matchmaking is there.Pretty sure WvW will feel exciting then.

The only other alternative game remains ESO and its alliance wars but I doubt thats much healthier.

Personally I just play something relaxing when I'm bored like singleplayer games or quick, low octane matchmaking games like world of warships.

Sadly, anet doesn't even count this as a game mode anymore. Now everything is just pve or pvp. We had 1 patch where they treated us as a separate entity, but then they went right back to pretending we are just pve. I would almost bet money that when the expansion comes out, the 3 way wvw we have will go away, and they will just do alliance battles (kurzick vs luxon) like they did in GW - Factions.

If you ain't happy on BG idk why you think life would be better anywhere else. And you can transfer to like 18/24 NA atm from 500-1800 gems so that complaint is wrong. Of course if you do that swapping back to BG won't be possible unless you follow every 2 months to their link. I'm sure you will be missed terribly if you decide to leave them

I server hop to cheap linked servers all the time just to get new experiences with new players. I find that refreshing even after nearly 10k hours mostly in WvW. I suspect by now there are very few serious roamers that haven't fought with me and against me at some point over the years. That said, I am still waiting for a GW2 WvW replacement that is worth making the switch. Unfortunately it just hasn't happened.

As for players spamming in chat, just block them. There are typically a half dozen jokers on every server and the game has a block function.

Yea I did that and ended up on BG. I think some of these other are right just drop it altogether or play sPvP. I was hoping for another RvR game but doesn't look promising given the one I've been waiting for for 7 years is is COUGH COUGH "coming soon!"

I block like crazy but the issue is the trolls actually generate a chat wave that fill chat with garbage. I wish Anet would just ban these dudes already.

@Straegen.2938 said:I server hop to cheap linked servers all the time just to get new experiences with new players. I find that refreshing even after nearly 10k hours mostly in WvW. I suspect by now there are very few serious roamers that haven't fought with me and against me at some point over the years. That said, I am still waiting for a GW2 WvW replacement that is worth making the switch. Unfortunately it just hasn't happened.

As for players spamming in chat, just block them. There are typically a half dozen jokers on every server and the game has a block function.

@Jilora.9524 said:If you ain't happy on BG idk why you think life would be better anywhere else. And you can transfer to like 18/24 NA atm from 500-1800 gems so that complaint is wrong. Of course if you do that swapping back to BG won't be possible unless you follow every 2 months to their link. I'm sure you will be missed terribly if you decide to leave them

You speak come truth. I probably should just quit altogether. LOL Sarcasm? no one will miss me.

@Gankiskhan.4671 said:

@Jilora.9524 said:If you ain't happy on BG idk why you think life would be better anywhere else. And you can transfer to like 18/24 NA atm from 500-1800 gems so that complaint is wrong. Of course if you do that swapping back to BG won't be possible unless you follow every 2 months to their link. I'm sure you will be missed terribly if you decide to leave them

You speak come truth. I probably should just quit altogether. LOL Sarcasm? no one will miss me.

Ya the miss you terribly was sarcastic but they might if you scout. The rest was just don't leave basically because you are at least a consistent t1 server not the shit show some of us are with mass transfers and stuff and going from med to full to t1 to dead in t4 etc.

@ASP.8093 said:Are your wife/friends on the same (full) server or spread out across a bunch of different (full) servers? Do they WvW?

Yea they are on full servers. Yes they play WvW. It is why I wont consider a transfer for more of the same old same old. The only thing that will keep me playing GW2 at this point is being able to play with my wife primarily. I think I was hoping for some advice I had not considered but guess I have considered pretty much everything at this point and it is time sadly to move on.

@Offair.2563 said:Go vabbi, kiss is there to welcome you.

I would had I not already done the EU thing. but hey I might if it were a Spanish language guild or a maybe a German one so I can practice my language skills (terrible at Spanish but I grew up speaking Spanglish on the street. My German is non existent but I'm doing duo lingo soon). In fact that is the best idea so far to make it more interesting to play!

@Gankiskhan.4671 said:

@"ASP.8093" said:Are your wife/friends on the same (full) server or spread out across a bunch of different (full) servers? Do they WvW?

Yea they are on full servers. Yes they play WvW. It is why I wont consider a transfer for more of the same old same old. The only thing that will keep me playing GW2 at this point is being able to play with my wife primarily. I think I was hoping for some advice I had not considered but guess I have considered pretty much everything at this point and it is time sadly to move on.

Find a way to play with your wife, imo. You can try a support ticket where you straight-up say "we're partners and we really want to play together but can't" (the worst they can do is say no, right?), you can do what the bandwagon people do and move to her server's link server and then keep moving every two months on relink, or you can convince her to move to a third, open server with you. (Personally, I rather enjoy being on a link server permanently and getting an automatic change of scenery every two months.)

@Gankiskhan.4671 said:

@Offair.2563 said:Go vabbi, kiss is there to welcome you.

I would had I not already done the EU thing. but hey I might if it were a Spanish language guild or a maybe a German one so I can practice my language skills (terrible at Spanish but I grew up speaking Spanglish on the street. My German is non existent but I'm doing duo lingo soon). In fact that is the best idea so far to make it more interesting to play!

kiss is the best bandwagon guild out there, make a name for yourself in that guild and it will surely have yourself in getting chased! unless they call upon other people to back them up 3v1! or blob v1!

• 2 weeks later...