Eww not another Staff Video :c

AikijinX.6258

I've been working on a CS/Tr/Drd Staff- DP build3k Power (without Bloodlust or might)/2.9k Armor/ 19k HP/ 100% crit chance (in stealth)/ 208 ferocity-Ability to generate 4k power via 25 stacks BL and might stacks-The build generates might and you'll never be below 10-15 stacks of might or without fury in an encounter while fighting-The build is still a work in progress. It works well and hits damn HARD, but still need to make some adjustments. Future montage involving this build in the future :) Enjoy below.

@saerni.2584 said:That fight with the vT holo was intense. :-)

Fun times.Yeah that fight actually last about 6 minutes. I had to cut it short by 4 minutes to make it fit. But yes, That holo was Xan. He is EXTREMELY talented and skilled with Engi in general. He took a break from the game for a while, but came back recently. He's a good friend of mine. Yeah he's part of my top 10 engi's in game. But it made me cringe so hard everytime he blinded me, or mortar spammed or nade spammed, or instantly got up whenever i knocked him down. That build is just frustrating to play against. 0 mistakes can be made, especially when dealing with someone who knows how to play the class.

@"babazhook.6805" said:I tend to think CS a must in staff build It an underrated line. I much prefer it to DA. (oh and I like sigil of night..just get another staff for daytime)

Yeah CS is definitely underrated. But i've been making like a "super build" that encompasses everything. What I do wish the CS line had was more defensive utility. Like a stealth or aegis or stun. Something. Stat wise my build is great and putting it into action it's pretty crazy to fight, but the initiative toll it has as well as the lack of utility is very concerning to me. But the damage and the damage that I can tank is crazy. I could take a picture of the stats and post it here soon.

What kind of utility would you take if you had the slots for a couple more?

I like the leech and quickness with those stats, you can probably stagger out your mitigation and kind of let stuff die on you for off and on stretches and save on some Initiative maybe.

That base line build, or super build, is always going to drive you mad with one or two pieces you have to solve for that snug fit.

EDIT: https://imgur.com/a/GyX0R5QThese are the stats I was talking about. The crit chance is low, but I am CS line, and constantly have (20% extra crit chance with fury), However I do have 100% crit chance in stealth via CS Grandmaster trait. The build needs more tweaking, the damage output is absolutely insane, my vaults can 100% to 30%/20%hp people my backstabs are just as lethal. When i'm not in stealth my auto attacks hit pretty decent as well, due to never being below 13-15 stacks of might in combat and fury gives me decent crit rate as well out of stealth.

EDIT: With 25 bloodlust stacks and 25 stacks of might (which i can generate by myself), if I have a target that can tank that many auto attack hits (WvW tower lord NPCs), I can generate 4k power. With regular players I stay within the 10-15might stack realm and around 3400-3600 power range.

EDIT: The build sounds nice and does output nice damage but there are definite drawbacks.

I'll create a build editor alittle bit later. But as I said before, the build is incomplete, and still needs tweaks. I am just stumped at the moment with which direction to go.

EDIT: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?Pa1AYhrlNwuYbMQGJWSXntaA-zVhYbRgIG09ZYHRdCpQaKUDMpatCk9jEG/to/CG-wBuild editor stats and my actual stats are alittle off i'm not quite sure why. But you can compare my picture and the build editor.

@kash.9213 said:What kind of utility would you take if you had the slots for a couple more?

I like the leech and quickness with those stats, you can probably stagger out your mitigation and kind of let stuff die on you for off and on stretches and save on some Initiative maybe.

That base line build, or super build, is always going to drive you mad with one or two pieces you have to solve for that snug fit.

Yeah I am still trying to tweak things, but i'm stuck at the moment