Balance downstate skills across the board or get rid of it.

Hot Boy.7138

Downstate is as much of the combat as when you're battling at with a full hp bar. It is absolutely ridiculous that downstates are consistently ignored in balance changes. Balance downstate, or get rid of it. Some classes downstate are ridiculously strong compared to others and it's simply not fair or fun to be on the short end of it.

@Arheundel.6451 said:They should have nerfed the downstate of :

1)Mesmer

I'm a main condi mesmer and you're right. Sometimes I go downstate and I realize that my damage output is so much greater than when I'm alive. I wonder if we could create a strategy where the mesmer should go downstate, and then his allies try to keep him alive but still keeping him downstate, so that he could spam confusion on everybody on the battlefield.

@Woltarion.6829 said:

1)Mesmer

I'm a main condi mesmer and you're right. Sometimes I go downstate and I realize that my damage output is so much greater than when I'm alive. I wonder if we could create a strategy where the mesmer should go downstate, and then his allies try to keep him alive but still keeping him downstate, so that he could spam confusion on everybody on the battlefield.

Confusion? Nah that Phantasm is where it's at. That thing will yeet your health bar so quickly it's actually pretty funny.

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:

1)Mesmer

Confusion? Nah that Phantasm is where it's at. That thing will yeet your health bar so quickly it's actually pretty funny.

3x dps traitline. berserker amulet, eagle rune.get downedyou fool, you activated my trap card. YEET 16k

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

1)Mesmer

3x dps traitline. berserker amulet, eagle rune.get downedyou fool, you activated my trap card. YEET 16k

I play mesmer for the downstate...I'm at my most lethal when in mortal danger...

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:

1)Mesmer

The damage is ridicolous, but 30% of the times the enemy will dodge the attack 'cause it's so telegraphed, 30% of the times the phantasm is stunned\killed b4 attacking, 30% of the times it will stare at the enemy and do fucking nothing. They should nerf the damage big time, but make it reliable and buff a bit the autoattack

@Elrond.9486 said:Lmao where are all these people getting 11k-16k(!) damage on Mesmer downstate? Im full glass dps and the most I got was on another full glass light armor with 8k. Which is still crazy, but 16k?? Twice as much?

it boils down to the fact that I played mesmer for a while, and I remember the biggest numbers since they stick the most.average hits are much much lower

Everyone who complains about downstate skill mechanics should be banned from any real balance discussion. Ridiculous.

The downstate itself is dumb, but if you can't get the job done because of some "overpowered" downstate skill, then you are just bad. At worst just move out of range for a few seconds to back up and then come back to stomp (or in case of warrior: just stay at range).

@"KrHome.1920" said:Everyone who complains about downstate skill mechanics should be banned from any real balance discussion. Ridiculous.

The downstate itself is dumb, but if you can't get the job done because of some "overpowered" downstate skill, then you are just bad. At worst just move out of range for a few seconds to back up and then come back to stomp (or in case of warrior: just stay at range).

In that case, why balance anything when the clear solution is to just run away and return only when you are good and ready to fight.