Labyrinth Farming - Alacrigade Build

Dahkeus.8243

Sharing a build that I intend to run for labyrinth farming this year:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAUxzlxQLMPSj1RZMOajRSjMCygpyl9bH-zRRYjBDH1sCpuEoiII9Sw2B-e

The idea behind the build is that it's mostly your standard alacrigade build, but with a short bow for tagging and with Minstrel trinkets instead of Diviners in order to keep from killing things too quickly. Other changes include:

• Taking Cleansing Channel trait since extra damage isn't needed and it allows for additional immob removal options
  • Taking short bow piercing trait for additional tagging
  • Sw/Sw is the backup weapon set, but staff could probably work just as well

Your standard short bow thief is still more mobile for the most part, I think this should work pretty well as an alternative that will give out some alacrity and healing/life steal. Short bow also seems to be a pretty solid tagging weapon, so I think it'll be fun to try.

edit Small tweaks to traits

As herald i always use any source of Swiftness + The Rune of the Speed

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAIxzlxAMPg1BMOgRCMCgJEA-zRIYRUwGB7DA-e

For example using the Invocation-Trait "Rapid Flow" lets me have permanent swiftness uptime, even without glint. Together with the Rune of the Speed, im like permanently having Superspeed, which helps alot being in front of the zerg together with the thiefs.

Rune of speed's definitely a solid option if you're either using a legendary set of armor that allows for free rune swap or aren't restricted by removing a rune from a set of armor you use elsewhere. Since I use scholar runes for fractals/raids/etc., I don't think it would be worth the substitution since you already move pretty quickly with Impossible Odds.

Those runes would move quickly with Herald, but herald also doesn't get short bow, which is arguably better than thief short bow for tagging.

A few things. As has been brought up rune of speed is super good if you don't mind swapping runes. Subsequently take rapid flow over spirit boon so you actually have your own swiftness. Also take jalis over kala because vengeful hammers are extremely good for tagging the door events due to fast hit rate and apparent lack of a target cap. Lastly I like running trailblazers which means you don't burst down trash mobs quickly but do good DPS with short bow against the bosses.

Jalis isn't a bad idea for doors, but the piercing/splash damage allows bow to still tag just about everything as it is with autos and the occasional seven shot. If you can get out of combat for the swap though, sure, go for it.

Rapid flow is a good talent swap and I think I had that in a variant of this build I may have posted elsewhere. Definitely ideal if you have speed runes.For mobility overall, however, I've found just sitting in Shiro to be the most ideal since Phase Traversal is so strong for travelling around.

One thing I have also found for groups that go for bosses, particularly if you run minstrel or other healer trinkets, is that Centaur Stance is particularly strong. It gives AoE heal and condi cleanse which is helpful for fear on Lich and can also be handy on Visicount if your group doesn't have enough reflects or isn't good at keeping them up.