PvE downstate

Thinking about the next expansion.Its gonna be in a city right?So NPCs like players right?

What you think about PvE NPCs having a downstate, kinda like the lord in PvP modes Stronghold and the one in Conquest?I think NPCs having downstate would be cool, especially if they acted like a team too, trying to rez each other and if a player dies they comeback to life lol

Would be fun to have meta event where the outcome is based on if anyone else at the meta event dies too. Say you get 50 NPCs in downstate, but all sudden a player dies, bam all 50 NPCs are back up.

Make it like a brawl, meta event brawl, 70+ people going against 70+ NPCs.50 NPCs go down state, a couple players go down state.Stomp him! Stomp him! Dang, failed, 1 player went full dead, 50 NPCs now they all up again lol

It would make finishers useful in PvE too. Finishers are pretty cool, its a GW2 niche.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:Thinking about the next expansion.Its gonna be in a city right?So NPCs like players right?

What you think about PvE NPCs having a downstate, kinda like the lord in PvP modes Stronghold and the one in Conquest?I think NPCs having downstate would be cool, especially if they acted like a team too, trying to rez each other and if a player dies they comeback to life lol

Would be fun to have meta event where the outcome is based on if anyone else at the meta event dies too. Say you get 50 NPCs in downstate, but all sudden a player dies, bam all 50 NPCs are back up.

Make it like a brawl, meta event brawl, 70+ people going against 70+ NPCs.50 NPCs go down state, a couple players go down state.Stomp him! Stomp him! Dang, failed, 1 player went full dead, 50 NPCs now they all up again lol

It would make finishers useful in PvE too. Finishers are pretty cool, its a GW2 niche.

Already had this back in season 1 try the toxic offshoot events in kessexhills mate

@Linken.6345 said:

@uberkingkong.8041 said:Thinking about the next expansion.Its gonna be in a city right?So NPCs like players right?

Already had this back in season 1 try the toxic offshoot events in kessexhills mate

I really liked having enemies in downstate, such as those mobs. I really wish they would do more of this, at least for larger/stronger mobs. It's nice to have some use for your finishers in PvE outside of /gg in raids and fractals.

Aren't the WvWers petitioning to get down state removed entirely?

I could see it perhaps used for certain types of enemies, but wouldn't want it to be too prevalent. It would be good to make use of the many collected finishers, I can certainly agree with that. Plus I'm usually the one getting killed in WvW, not the one doing the killing. :anguished:

I like the Toxic Knights and some more mobs like that would be fun.

Just a few, though. Making it too common risks serious frustration when people over-pull and they can't clean up any downs because their PvE build has zero tools for sticking a finisher.

The toxic knights were an interesting surprise.

The trick to making downstate significant but not a bore in pve is to use it sparingly, say during boss fights.

Make occasional bosses have a downstate. Let players have that short moment of victory after a difficult fight without getting slowed down every step of the way on trash mobs.

@Cyninja.2954 said:The toxic knights were an interesting surprise.

The trick to making downstate significant but not a bore in pve is to use it sparingly, say during boss fights.

Make occasional bosses have a downstate. Let players have that short moment of victory after a difficult fight without getting slowed down every step of the way on trash mobs.

Interesting.

Maybe an event, where in order to kill the boss, he needs 10 players to use a finisher on him.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:It would be nice to have a downstate on at least some mobs. I have a bunch of finishers I’ve never used and if I could use them in PvE I would.

Sylvari members of the
get downed in combat, and can be Finished.

Dude,he wants to showoff his finisher.Thats the whole point of a finisher is to show it off to others, just like buying armor, you want to show it off.

Just because some mobs have it doesn't mean we don't need it elsewhere.Those mobs, hardly anyone is even at those locations. He doesn't want to see finisher himself, he wants others to see it.We need it in meta events, popular events, some people just want to show it off.

GW2 is nothing but a showoff game.Whats point in getting a legendary other than showing it off?

So having this in the next expansion,fulfills that urge, heck I want to showoff my finishers too.Also adds another level of difficulty rather than "lets increase the health to make this a tougher event"

I appreciate the down state on toxic knights, but it works there because they're like the lieutenants among a group of chaff. It sets them apart as "leaders" that refuse to die and not just some mob with a color ring around their portrait indicating a bigger stat pool.Getting a "captain" mob mixed into the chaff in events like a rare spawn (as in one every 3-5 repeats of an event) or as an event boss could be pretty cool.

@"Timbersword.9014" said:I appreciate the down state on toxic knights, but it works there because they're like the lieutenants among a group of chaff. It sets them apart as "leaders" that refuse to die and not just some mob with a color ring around their portrait indicating a bigger stat pool.Getting a "captain" mob mixed into the chaff in events like a rare spawn (as in one every 3-5 repeats of an event) or as an event boss could be pretty cool.

Exactly this.

The new expansion is a city right? Bunch of thieves guild thugs?Need some meta events with boss like mobs.

They need to be able to go into downstate and not just die.

Its a city expansion, they mimicking real players. Real players go into downstate.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

@"Timbersword.9014" said:I appreciate the down state on toxic knights, but it works there because they're like the lieutenants among a group of chaff. It sets them apart as "leaders" that refuse to die and not just some mob with a color ring around their portrait indicating a bigger stat pool.Getting a "captain" mob mixed into the chaff in events like a rare spawn (as in one every 3-5 repeats of an event) or as an event boss could be pretty cool.

Exactly this.

The new expansion is a city right? Bunch of thieves guild thugs?Need some meta events with boss like mobs.

Its a city expansion, they mimicking real players. Real players go into downstate.

Were did you get info that its a city expansion?You have spouted that in a few threads now

@Linken.6345 said:

Exactly this.

Were did you get info that its a city expansion?You have spouted that in a few threads now

Apparently it's set in an underwater city within a petrified forest if the speculation I've read is true.

@"uberkingkong.8041" said:This game making a fortune from its Gemstore too, I aint wanna hear about not making enough money.

The game is doing better, but hardly a fortune. You might want to take a look at those financial reports first before making stuff up and to even mention Fortnite in any relationship to what a developer "could" do is just strait up hilarious. The revenue numbers are out there, start reading.

I'll make it easy on you: Fortnite revenue for 2019 was around 1.8 billion dollars. NCSofts revenue from GW2 for 2019 was 59 billion won (that's 51 million US dollars). Fortnite's revenue was 3 times the revenue in 1 month than GW2 made in the entire year.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@"uberkingkong.8041" said:This game making a fortune from its Gemstore too, I aint wanna hear about not making enough money.

The game is doing better, but hardly a fortune. You might want to take a look at those financial reports first before making stuff up and to even mention Fortnite in any relationship to what a developer "could" do is just strait up hilarious. The revenue numbers are out there, start reading.

I'll make it easy on you: Fortnite revenue for 2019 was around 1.8 billion dollars. NCSofts revenue from GW2 for 2019 was 59 billion won (that's 51 million US dollars). Fortnite's revenue was 3 times the revenue in 1 month than GW2 made in the entire year.

Exactlythis game is making a fortune

Yeah the Toxic Alliance Sylvari had downstate and in all honesty I loved that lol

I'm not into PvP so finishers had very little appeal even though I found them pretty cool, once they had a use in PvE I bought some just for that.I am of the mindset that all non event based humanoid enemy types in Gw2 should have a downstate mechanic.If they brought this back in End of Dragons i'd be very happy about it, I'd get to Llama stomp my way through Cantha ^^ good fun.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:I am of the mindset that all non event based humanoid enemy types in Gw2 should have a downstate mechanic.Maybe not all of them. I know that I would get tired of having to use a finisher for each and every one.

Just vets, elites and champs then?

I don't think it would be all that much though tbh.There maybe a few problem spots where there are a lot of humanoid enemies.. first thing that comes to mind are the Sons of Svanir as they can sometimes be grouped up in some locations.They could remedy that by giving more classes instant finish stomp moves though which might also benefit the PvP modes too as a lot of people hate the downstate mechanic there.