Next expansion dungeon

@kharmin.7683 said:

@"choon.6308" said:Dungeons are not dead content. They are more active than fractals in my server.

Well, I think by "dead content" it is meant that it is content that no longer has any developer attention.

No, that's what "abandoned content" means like the other poster who got it right. "Dungeons as we know them are dead content" is something totally different and it isn't true.

@aspirine.6852 said:Cantha had elite dungeons, perhaps they will have again..

This I would hope for.

I like Fractals even if I don't do them often but I do miss that big elite dungeon experience that Gw1 had and Gw2 never did.

Raids are more of a high difficulty boss rush, Strikes are more of a (mostly) low difficulty boss rush, fractals are short dungeons, dungeons are just typical dungeons.We don't have that big long elite dungeon type of experience in Gw2 and I would love to see that come back.. even if we only get a couple of them i'd be satisfied ^^

What if there is a 3rd mode for dungeons and a 2nd mode for fractal something like a challenge mode type thing.

here is what I mean. This mode will make it so a player will race against a timer which will make it a challenge. There would also be modifiers that alter the dungeon and monsters slightly. There would be bonus rewards such as skins, random elite items, black lion key or chest. There would also increase level of challenge mode.

It's a suggestion but it wont happen cause there is something like this dungeon mode in world of warcraft. But no addons and scoring this time.

I think it is important to explain the concept of dungeons and what you like about them.

Both Gw2 and Gw1 had content that could be qualified as elite area's.

What I like about GW2 dungeons is the difficulty level and the time they take. Something very simular to fractals. I dislike the difficulty progress and reward system in fractals. What I dislike in dungeons is the indoor limitation and the set paths and sequences. I rather have a bit more freedom and do different goals when I want them in a more open world environment. A bit like FoW, and UW in GW1.

So what do you like and dislike about all dungeon-ish content?

Probably not for the 3rd expansion. But maybe the 4th. The reason being that fractals are inherently, by design, a limited system. There can only be 25 without anet having to remake the entire system, and there are currently 20. When they’re done, anet can choose to add a new type of content for 5 man group runs, sure, but they could just as easily go back to an old one. There’s no reason they couldn’t add new dungeons. They aren’t obligated to update old ones by adding new. They don’t have to make 4 paths if they don’t want either, nor do they have to add new armors every time. It was the tradition, but dungeons have been abandoned so long it won’t matter anymore. And in a way, the dungeon system was never abandoned. Fractals are just single path dungeons but the premise is set in all time and space rather than bound to a specific location in the current time. They’ve got their own currency and the scaling system and all, but let’s be real here. They’re dungeons. The fractal team could easily make “regular” dungeons.

@jokke.6239 said:I hope for more focus on new open world dungeons and world bosses as well.They gave up on fixing the old dungeons, doesn't mean we can't get new ones.

I would like to see more open world content too. Personally, I miss the world bosses and would loved to have seen something like them in the HoT or PoF expansion maps.

@Atomos.7593 said:

@jokke.6239 said:I hope for more focus on new open world dungeons and world bosses as well.They gave up on fixing the old dungeons, doesn't mean we can't get new ones.

I would like to see more open world content too. Personally, I miss the world bosses and would loved to have seen something like them in the HoT or PoF expansion maps.

There is not much difference between meta events and world bosses. Some are just straight boss fights (branded Shatt, Drakkar...).