No nerf to explosive entrance? Who exactly did this balance patch?

Leafstorm.1349

The nerfs to holo are a literal joke. Explosive entrance is one of the main issues with holo and you didn't even touch it? Who exactly do you have working on this? Its either an engi main or someone who plays 5 signet warrior... oops. Also, no nerf to thief dmg? I know for a fact that at least some people in Anet watch streams, you see what is absolutely broken, why not think about that? Why not ask say 20-30 of the upper tier players for feedback before a patch? DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT!

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:It is a joke.

I actually felt insulted or like someone had slapped me or stolen something from me when I read the patch notes this morning.

I mean... this is just trolly ridiculous at this point that Explosives 1/3/1 Grenade Kit wouldn't be tended to.

I think likewise. Anet really needs to look after the great balance that GW2 has for an MMO, whilst grasping the whole thing with traitlines and their complexities.As far as I reckon, specs should be greatly simplified for the sake of balance. It'd still be more mind-boggingly complex than the more balanced predecessor, Build Wars 1lolgood day

@Leafstorm.1349 said:The nerfs to holo are a literal joke. Explosive entrance is one of the main issues with holo and you didn't even touch it? Who exactly do you have working on this? Its either an engi main or someone who plays 5 signet warrior... oops. Also, no nerf to thief dmg? I know for a fact that at least some people in Anet watch streams, you see what is absolutely broken, why not think about that? Why not ask say 20-30 of the upper tier players for feedback before a patch? DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT!

They got feedback from top players, for Example Floody, Drazeh, ...

the damage on thief is not an issue... its entire design was a "hit and run" build with big burst and big mobility while being squishy... thief just has an absurd amount of survivability now which is the main issue. I wont lie tho the holo nerfs were absolutely trash, healbreaker makes up for the might stacking loss, and the "2 second to 1.5 second" blind was the worst nerf ive seen for holo.

@Raiden The Beast.3016 said:

@Leafstorm.1349 said:The nerfs to holo are a literal joke. Explosive entrance is one of the main issues with holo and you didn't even touch it? Who exactly do you have working on this? Its either an engi main or someone who plays 5 signet warrior... oops. Also, no nerf to thief dmg? I know for a fact that at least some people in Anet watch streams, you see what is absolutely broken, why not think about that? Why not ask say 20-30 of the upper tier players for feedback before a patch? DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT!

feedback is not the issue brah, people were sending entire pages of pages of feedback and there is nothing to show for it.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"Leafstorm.1349" said:The nerfs to holo are a literal joke. Explosive entrance is one of the main issues with holo and you didn't even touch it? Who exactly do you have working on this? Its either an engi main or someone who plays 5 signet warrior... oops. Also, no nerf to thief dmg? I know for a fact that at least some people in Anet watch streams, you see what is absolutely broken, why not think about that? Why not ask say 20-30 of the upper tier players for feedback before a patch? DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT!

feedback is not the issue brah, people were sending entire pages of pages of feedback and there is nothing to show for it.

There is some feedack which is > than other feedback, seems like.

The teef changes for example got leaked in a top player stream weeks ago. These changes got discussed with CMC and "top players"

@"Leafstorm.1349" said:The nerfs to holo are a literal joke. Explosive entrance is one of the main issues with holo and you didn't even touch it? Who exactly do you have working on this? Its either an engi main or someone who plays 5 signet warrior... oops. Also, no nerf to thief dmg? I know for a fact that at least some people in Anet watch streams, you see what is absolutely broken, why not think about that? Why not ask say 20-30 of the upper tier players for feedback before a patch? DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT!

+1

(include build)

Imagine thinking WvW is even slightly relevant when it comes to sPvP. Get rid of explosive entrance. Its simple. Also, Floody and Drazeh are only two players who are both on EU. That is NOT 20-30 people. They're also engi mains, so yeah, of course they're going to not want their class nerfed.

@"Leafstorm.1349" said:Imagine thinking WvW is even slightly relevant when it comes to sPvP. Get rid of explosive entrance. Its simple. Also, Floody and Drazeh are only two players who are both on EU. That is NOT 20-30 people. They're also engi mains, so yeah, of course they're going to not want their class nerfed.

Considering that they just completely reworked the explosives trait line and made the trait intertwined with explosive entrance, that's definitely not going to happen soon. They could nerf the damage, but "getting rid of it" is not in the cards.