Time to reconsider Rallying in spvp.

Hot Boy.7138

Rallying, in my opinion, takes away from the heart of competition. It is a cheese. Having everyone that hit a target instantly get up from downed when the target dies makes sense in PvE, but i don't think it belongs in PvP. Downed state, as controversial as it is, is a unique and fun mechanic and I think it has a spot in all game modes, albeit with better balance. But rallying really should not be in spvp, especially in deathmatch game modes. If a player dies in a death match, all players that tagged that player shouldn't instantly pop up from downed state. They should still be ressed by another player, or rise on their own, or just die.

@Hot Boy.7138 said:Rallying, in my opinion, takes away from the heart of competition. It is a cheese. Having everyone that hit a target instantly get up from downed when the target dies makes sense in PvE, but i don't think it belongs in PvP. Downed state, as controversial as it is, is a unique and fun mechanic and I think it has a spot in all game modes, albeit with better balance. But rallying really should not be in spvp, especially in deathmatch game modes. If a player dies in a death match, all players that tagged that player shouldn't instantly pop up from downed state. They should still be ressed by another player, or rise on their own, or just die.

Way to make rez utilities and traits mandatory. Hard pass.

@Avatar.3568 said:No I disagree, rally is a strategic thing, it kitten up when it bugs and you do not rally.

Removing rally would remove a comeback potential which is pretty important In a snowbally game like guildwars 2.

There are waaaaay better options to reduce the brainless snowball effect in GW2 that wouldn't have to rely on the dynamic of what is effectively just a spontaneous gravity emerging on the field. Considering how shallow and straightforward combat becomes in the presence of downed allies, downed state (and by extension rallying) is more like a cycling dungeon trap rather than a unique string of dynamic player interactions.