Thanks Anet for another completely broken gem

Sprymazi.6472

Do we really need to discuss that video? Seriously, these kind of videos are not a showcase for the brokeness of a build but for the non existent skill level of the encounter.

I beat core necros every day. Half of them run around with the pvp wings (so they should know at least the competitive basics) and they are still laughably easy to beat. You can kite a core whenever you want and you can cc him whenever you want. So you have 100% control over the fight. Not even ganking is possible on core necro. You can even run away from him and reset the fight with almost your whole skillbar on cooldown.

One single time a core necro did beat me: I killed a dolly and did not watch my environment (didn't see him engaging) and left shroud right when he placed a spectral ring around me and casted everything he had (incl. chill that wrecked my shroud cooldown). That was weeks ago. I still remember this just because a core necro winning a fight is a thing that usually never happens when I am around.

@KrHome.1920 said:Do we really need to discuss that video? Seriously, these kind of videos are not a showcase for the brokeness of a build but for the non existent skill level of the encounter.

I beat core necros every day. Half of them run around with the pvp wings (so they should know at least the competitive basics) and they are still laughably easy to beat. You can kite a core whenever you want and you can cc him whenever you want. So you have 100% control over the fight. Not even ganking is possible on core necro. You can even run away from him and reset the fight with almost your whole skillbar on cooldown.

One single time a core necro did beat me: I killed a dolly and did not watch my environment (didn't see him engaging) and left shroud right when he placed a spectral ring around me and casted everything he had (incl. chill that wrecked my shroud cooldown). That was weeks ago. I still remember this just because a core necro winning a fight is a thing that usually never happens when I am around.

Have you considered that beating bad players does not make you a good player. Or even a knowledgeable one at that.

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:Have you considered that beating bad players does not make you a good player. Or even a knowledgeable one at that.You can not control what you encounter in wvw. So most encounters are statistically bad payers. That's why I don't post videos like the one we are talking about here.

Anyway: In controlled environments like pvp core necro is even weaker due to the lack of tanky amulets. If at all core necro does only work with trailblazer gear when it is not supported by a team. Its mechanic is too easy to outplay. That has nothing to do with the skill level of its user. The skill cap of core necro is too low. The spec limits good players. You can not deal with lots of situations due to the inferior mechanic.

@"Sprymazi.6472" said:So this is nothing new, the good old core necro, trailblazer, condi immortal faceroll necro. But now when people have started perfecting them they have become a real problem. It's got extremely high condi dmg, high condi duration, they can re-apply them with ez, they take virtually no damage at all and it doesn't matter if you rotate your interrupts on a Korean Tekken player level, they can just stand there and tank the damage while stunned or dazed. And if you manage to get them low enough they have a full 30k bar of shroud, that they use to recharge their health with vampirism and life steal. And then the cycle continues, full shroud -> full health -> full shroud -> full health.

It can be countered if you play like an extreme coward and out of combat constantly or play a build specifically for taking down this exact build, but then again, they can just kite you to nearest tower if they see they are losing.

Inb4 "Use resistance LUL". Yeah you will need 1 minute of resistance if you wanna take them down since re applying condis after a cleanse is a peace of cake.

&

What to do about it? I don't know, I think the problem lies with trailblazer being a thing that gives extreme tankiness and all the damage a condi class needs. But arena net already hard nerfed mirage and other condi builds so trailblazer for them is the only way to at least relevant.

Be ready for all the L2P arguments....it's just you...the problem ofc

• 4 weeks later...