Repeatable map completation on the same character

moony.5780

I think it would be nice to repeat map completation on the same character :)Sure someone could just creat another character all the time over and over again, but i guess many geared 1 character up the max and its sad to not play the fav. character just bcs its not possible to repeat the map completation.I think it would also feel a bit like gw1, where it was possible to clear the map in hardmode over and over again and still get reward for it.And to avoid extreme key farming, maybe a reset for the same map is only possible once per week? Or that its a daily achievment to clear a certain map again.

What do you guys think?

At first I was kinda wary of the idea, but I actually kinda like that idea of opening up a daily to be map completion of a map. Might encourage some daily map comp trains which could make the core maps more engaging.

Definitely feel like some hearts would need to be tweaked though, some are particularly obnoxious to do if a ton of people try to do it simultaneously.

@moony.5780 said:I think it would be nice to repeat map completation on the same character :)Sure someone could just creat another character all the time over and over again, but i guess many geared 1 character up the max and its sad to not play the fav. character just bcs its not possible to repeat the map completation.I think it would also feel a bit like gw1, where it was possible to clear the map in hardmode over and over again and still get reward for it.And to avoid extreme key farming, maybe a reset for the same map is only possible once per week? Or that its a daily achievment to clear a certain map again.

What do you guys think?Hops on a toonSpeedruns Bloodstone Fen, Silverwastes, Dragonfall, Dry Top, Grothmar and every other map I can complete in less than 15 mins.Reaches my daily/weekly capLogs in one of my other toonsRuns Bloodstone Fen, Silverwastes, Dragonfall, Dry Top, Grothmar and every other map I can complete in less than 15 mins.

Seriously though.... isn't the solution to your desire to just farm up one new gear set that is account bound, and tome a new alt to 80, run the maps you want, put the gear back in the bank and delete the toon as often as you like?

The aim of my request is not just to make map completation...i already said its possible on an alt. But i think it would be nice to have more and better reasons to go with a main character to core tyria. Especially for these who main 1 character, its a chance to make map completation again (which is an extremly nice thing that u can only do once with that character)

For me, and i think also others feel the same, my main character is all i want to play :) even if i make another character with the same profession..it does not feel the same. I really maxed out every possible thing on that character (including gem stuff). I understand that playing different characters is important for endgame content like high fractals and raids. But then at least chilling core tyria should be possible to repeat with the most favorite character,..or not?

For me, and i think also others feel the same, my main character is all i want to play :) even if i make another character with the same profession..it does not feel the same. I really maxed out every possible thing on that character (including gem stuff). I understand that playing different characters is important for endgame content like high fractals and raids. But then at least chilling core tyria should be possible to repeat with the most favorite character,..or not?Not.There are lots of reasons to roll an alt.You absolutely do not need to max out everything possible on a toon, the game does not throw so much loot at you from completing core maps that you need max bag slots (or even 20 slot bags).

Your idea is heavily exploitable. Even if I am not getting a key from Bloodstone Fen, the number of blood rubies gained from completing the map is out of line with the 8 minutes it takes to complete the map. This is equally true for Dry Top where less than 12 minutes would get you 100 geodes. It's a cool one-time bonus, but making it farmable has negative consequences.Your idea would mean I could realistically farm up a stat selectable (and resetable) ascended ring in less than an hour. It would instantly devalue every other source for the acquisition of ascended rings, backpacks and amulets.A daily/weekly cap? That's not going to stop me. I have lots of alts.At the very least your idea would open up the game to an unhealthy amount of key farming.

To say that the game doesn't provide you plenty of reasons to visit core maps once you reach level 80 is absolutely false. This game constantly gates newer rewards behind older content.And if you don't like those reasons, there is nothing stopping you from just going to these maps and running Dynamic events or harvesting materials... or just running around on a mount to enjoy the scenery.

@"Balsa.3951" said:What stops u to run the same map again and again with the same character? Its not like u get kicked out of the map once u reach 100%

Well, there is no easy way to determine if one has "completed" a map a second time as all of the PoI, Vistas, etc are unlocked.

Personally, I don't see there being any real benefit to doing map completion more than once on a character without some tangible reward and I don't believe that GW2 should offer such. /shrug