Why can soulbeasts take all my health in one second?

aaron.7850

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Junkpile.7439 said:

@Junkpile.7439 said:Did they nerf axe one hit build?

Don't need to nerf something that does not exist .Google gw2 soulbeast massive overkill. If axe 3 hit 18k before 30% nerf you probably still can make one hit build. At least i did take over 20k axe burst from stealth after 30% nerf.

Please don't waste peoples time with videos of damage that occurred a year or more before the Competitive content update . And if by chance your happen to be talking about Winters Bite , please spare everyone here the complaining when axe three of mesmer (Axes of Symmetry) exceeds what winters bite is capable of .And as I've stated before in other posts , the math doesn't add up . Even if the SoulBeast had a combined power of 2900 your armour would have to be less than the base amount of 1000 to take 20K of damage . Even if your armour had the base amount of 1000 with the Soul Beasts power of 2900 you would still only take 2900 damage . To receive 18K damage With a base armour of 1000 the Soul Beast would need to have a power of 18000 which is 4-6 times the possible power available to any class.I call BS on your claims.

Complaining about the easiest class to kill in WvW while they use their easiest build to down...meanwhile the vast majority of WvW small fights consist of this

For those linking PvP threads.....

Going back to WvW....rangers can't do this

"But but...ranger pewpew kills me"

Did somebody say..ONESHOT?

I think the OP is a guardian.....

Did the OP ever fight a ...good thief? What is oneshot thief?XD

Tired of linking videos....morale of the story?

• The OP must get used to oneshot builds as all professions can do it
  • It's 50% L2P issue, the other is the power creep of WvW of which all professions ALL of them suffer from

For the sanity of the community I have left out videos of what I face in wvw on a daily basis.....condi heralds, reapers, immortal scrappers/spellbreakers, perma stealth thieves.........and rangers in T1 are as rare as white flies .....the roaming ones at least, the pewpew tower huggers don't count as players and their "tactic" can be replicated by all other professions so.....

I would say that a large part of what makes Soulbeast Sniper appear to be more oppressive is not the damage itself, but its ability to do so at such a far range combined with its disengage potential. Double swoop and Dolyak Stance make it hard to properly counterpressure it. Not to mention stealth and a strong channeled block. Adding (additive!) damage reduction to Dolyak Stance, an already powerful skill, was such an absolutely horrible decision, and puts the build's burst safety net a bit over the edge IMO.

With that said though, I don't really think the build is much of a problem anymore. Damage can still be high but the true burst is centered around OWP, which in itself can be easily countered. Signet of the Hunt was nerfed so hard that with all the insane projectile hate in the current meta, it is so easily hard-countered and rendered totally irrelevant. Getting oneshot by any build sucks, but Rangers are probably the easiest to get away with it. Doesn't really make it more problematic though. There's plenty worse cancer out there now in WvW.

@Mokk.2397 said:

@Junkpile.7439 said:Did they nerf axe one hit build?

Don't need to nerf something that does not exist .Google gw2 soulbeast massive overkill. If axe 3 hit 18k before 30% nerf you probably still can make one hit build. At least i did take over 20k axe burst from stealth after 30% nerf.

Please don't waste peoples time with videos of damage that occurred a year or more before the Competitive content update . And if by chance your happen to be talking about Winters Bite , please spare everyone here the complaining when axe three of mesmer (Axes of Symmetry) exceeds what winters bite is capable of .And as I've stated before in other posts , the math doesn't add up . Even if the SoulBeast had a combined power of 2900 your armour would have to be less than the base amount of 1000 to take 20K of damage . Even if your armour had the base amount of 1000 with the Soul Beasts power of 2900 you would still only take 2900 damage . To receive 18K damage With a base armour of 1000 the Soul Beast would need to have a power of 18000 which is 4-6 times the possible power available to any class.I call BS on your claims.So they nerfed it? You could have just say that and not lie that it doesn't exist.

@Arheundel.6451 said:and rangers in T1 are as rare as white fliesIn EU T1 there are exactly 3 players that play a variant of the build I am talking about and they are untouchable 1v1 and simply avoid any outnumbering with their mobility. Their huge range then allows them to re-engage a picked target extremely quickly and continue to burst from a safe distance. And they will faceroll any of the glass builds you listed. That's my whole point.

Besides that no one playing at build does not mean that the build is not strong. Most of the community doesn't play what they can not find on metabattle. No one plays the reaper build I play (no one!) and I win around 70% of my 1v1 and at least survive 95% of them, because my target disengages to recover and I move in the opposite direction to end the stalled fight. That's probably the best roaming statistics you can get with reaper and this is a build metabattle has never heard about.

Depends on your gear, but I have only ever been whittled from 100% to 10% hp once by a sb. The majority of then are so bad the pet might be the smarter one out of the 2. Still the one time I was nearly one shotted I had 2700 toughness and 23000 hp, I just counted it to the sb knowing how to play.

@Sifu.9745 said:

@Zikory.6871 said:Because you didn't dodge.

WvW is not all about 1 vs 1. It's hard to dodge when you don's see a hit incoming. You fight in a small group or lets say you fight vs a Warrior when you suddenly get killed by a Soulbeast, who appears from behind and kills you before you even notice him.

Literally every class has a build that can burst a unknowing player in a 1v1. My comment my be facetious but dodging part of the Soulbeast LB burst counters it. It's kinda on you to figure out how to best use that information. Silly to point out every whataboutism.

soulbeast and thief just should get severe nerfs to their damage output, so they become unattractive for Wvw.

it's yet a big enough problem that they are brought so frequently to a place, where they should be the absolute exception. (their largescale qualities are bad, their job would be roaming + scouting, what they really do is: running with zergs to steal some kills during fights, stealthing around to portal into keeps after flips, running around in small gankergroups to burst down respawners from fights etc)

I get a real kick out all these people complaining about how useless yet over powered the Soul Beast and Thief are in WvW . You people jump to Meta Battle for the first mindless build they throw at you and cry foul when your bested by anything outside the status quo . Screaming nerfs to this and nerfs to that without a clue of the mechanics of the build your running let alone the mechanics of the game. The Meta Battle zerg builds are for tight groups and not for running around on your own. People that know how the Meta Zerg works take advantage of the weak links by picking off squirrels , stranglers , pressuring the commanders into making mistakes and scattering the blob. That's not being over powered ! It's called strategy . And if these so called elite groups that are hell bent on keeping the Status quo had any sense what so ever they would bring these "so called lesser valued classes " with them to counter . It's not freaking brain surgery . But if you want it easy and mindless , you can all be well assured that that the black sheep will be out there disrupting your precious Meta Blobs making it as hard as possible laughing all the way to the bank .

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:soulbeast and thief just should get severe nerfs to their damage output, so they become unattractive for Wvw.

it's yet a big enough problem that they are brought so frequently to a place, where they should be the absolute exception. (their largescale qualities are bad, their job would be roaming + scouting, what they really do is: running with zergs to steal some kills during fights, stealthing around to portal into keeps after flips, running around in small gankergroups to burst down respawners from fights etc)

Why would anyone roam on a character with garbage burst output.

@ASP.8093 said:

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:soulbeast and thief just should get severe nerfs to their damage output, so they become unattractive for Wvw.

Why would anyone roam on a character with garbage burst output.

Don't worry . Neither Soul Beast or Thief are over powered what so ever . The complaining is coming from clueless Meta Battle players that get caught away from squad nothing more.

@"aaron.7850" said:Even with vitality + toughness gear, they blow their cooldowns instantly and take me from 100% to 0% health in one second. No skill or strategy involved.

That's what rangers generally do when finding enemies on open field..... they range!

here :) ->https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_archery

@aaron.7850 even reapers can kill tanky toons w/o much effort if t hey know what they are doing, its just most of bad players stop being carried easilly they need now to put more effort than before.

l

Quite funny how players that fought just silver division rangers and thieves up to now, think they are the centre of the universe.

That's basically the other way around of picking explosive holo and coming to the conclusion that each win is based on skill.

Both a complete lack of logical sense.