Sell Emblems of the Avenger for other WvW currency?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Literally every drop in the game should at least have a vendor value. I have a measurable hate for crafting in game (barely got the weapon crafts to 500, thru much self hate, and only have one armor crafting to 500, every other craft sits in the low 200's) so I never use up all the ascended pre-materials and obsidian I am building up, and just have to delete stacks on the regular.

If you are not going to craft, account bound or not, everything should have a vendor value. Period. Otherwise those drops are more insulting that a couple blues.

If you can trade them for other things and not just coin, I would say only regular badges. They can be traded on the TP if you want, or used to buy things from WvW vendors, and that is more than useful enough for things you will get on accident with any regular play.

I would be happy to have the Emblems be sellable, but I do not like the options presented by the OP. I have too many WvW currencies already and nothing useful or interesting to spend them on. Please give us useful and interesting things to spend the currencies on, like mystic clovers, T6 mats, etc.

Following a post above ... if we could sell them for open world reknown hearts that would be interesting ... kind of like how we "buy" hero points. If we do this though, I suspect 1 emblem should be worth more than 1 reknown heart. Maybe the conversion should be something like 1 emblem = 5 hearts, or 10 or 1 map worth?

Both emblems are candidates for the "daily/weekly" exchange trader that exists already in game for festivals, guild halls etc.You could get a daily WvW potion for e.g. 10 badges and either potions or skirmish tickets for the "once a week" purchase. (just an example, don't go after the numbers I said)A daily/weekly exchange would not inflate the market (as you get a hard limit on what you can buy/exchange) and WvW players could get stuff they need (e.g. clovers & mystic coins) with a WvW currency that is dead weight.Candidates to spend for me are: Badges & the two EmblemsCandidates to buy are: WvW potions, skirmish tickets, clovers and mystic coinsPS: since we are at it, please add the +10% WxP bonus (from ascended feasts) to the lvl 70 canned food from the portable provisioner and you have an excellent sink for badges.

Since players award Heavy Loot Bags and captures award some ascended materials, it'd be nice if the Emblems could be traded to award corresponding loot.

Something like trading x2 Emblem of the Avenger for X number of T5 and T6 materials, and x2 Conquerer for X number of Bloodstone Dust/Dragonite etc.

@Infusion.7149 said:

@Daniel.2719 said:I recall one of the GW2 Dev Live-Streams, the Dev said they would be adding a vendor to convert emblems to skirmish tickets? It was towards the very end of the stream, a couple of months ago?

I doubt it, I think grandmaster marks, badges of honor, or testimonies of heroics would be the likely conversion.

If i recall it was the grandmasters marks wich will help players being rewarded for the number of kills i guess :\

That alone would be super, just hope the number of stuff needed isnt that much :\

Let's be honest, I'd do anything to get rid of them in a useful manner, even if the exchange is not particularly OP, it's better than letting it stockpile. It comes from a repeatable achievement, which to be fair is not even that hard to achieve in the first place. We might as well have additional uses for the thing. I dunno, crafting recipes, currency exchange, selling it for silver. Whatever, just, make it useful beside Conflux, I will never craft the bloody thing.

Yeah. You can generate them pretty fast - even if not playing too efficiently. (I'm more of a noob and compared to PvP those emblems for killing players are generated pretty fast in WvW. The other one is generated slower.)

Should stay in PvP. And badges are boring. Potion for WxP as someone suggested - would be nice. (Or just give us additional WxP level for each emblem.) Or those skirmish chests where you can get guild tactics. (Afaik those can't be bought for badges from vendors and must be craftet or you can use those chests to get them.)