8v8 Season

uberkingkong.8041

Should make an 8v8 season.Why 2v2 1v1 3v3 4v4???

Stupid

GW2 was originally 8v8 pvptaking too dang long to go back to how it was originally.how it was when it was at it's peak

Before anybody whines"ques will be long"bro this 3v3 que is longer than 5v5

8v8 is gonna be the same kinda wait as we have right now.

Just do it.It was successful at launch, yeah because it had peak players.They changed to 5v5 and it went downhill.

esports died because casual pvp went from 8v8 to 5v5

no casual pvp equals dead #esports pvp

Make the 8v8 happen. I aint want to discuss this.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

@uberkingkong.8041 said:Should make an 8v8 season....I aint want to discuss this.

The discourse about not wanting the discourse is a wonderful thing.

No discussion is necessary for 8v8.

GW2 core was ALL ABOUT 8v8GW2 PvP was most successful with 8v8

No discussion needed.Already proven, just go back to 2012 2013

How do I go back? Trust me I want to, but HOW?!

@Bazsi.2734 said:

@uberkingkong.8041 said:Should make an 8v8 season....I aint want to discuss this.

The discourse about not wanting the discourse is a wonderful thing.

No discussion is necessary for 8v8.

GW2 core was ALL ABOUT 8v8GW2 PvP was most successful with 8v8

No discussion needed.Already proven, just go back to 2012 2013

How do I go back? Trust me I want to, but HOW?!

You can't go back and play during 2012, 2013.It's already proven success, you was doing something else, your fault.

Thats why its very important, when they run a game, especially with a series.That they hire someone whose played GW, GW2 in its prime.

Just because you played Guild Wars in 2018, that isn't Guild wars. You'd have to had played it back in 2008 to truly know what its about.You've had to played GW2 back in 2012 2013 to truly know the glory days of PvP

Just because you picked up the game now and started who knows when, 2016? 2016 isn't anything special time about GW2.2012 2013 was GW2 glory days of PvP

What's funny is people accustomed to 5v5, some people say "it will lag"... funny. I remember 8v8, it wasn't laggy at all.It's like people accustomed to gem store being the only way games make money.... Funny, Diablo2 never had a gemstore, it made too much money.

Eh, people have been saying this stuff since day 1.

GW1 and GW2 are two very different games. 8v8 GvG in GW2 will feel nothing like 8v8 GvG in GW1. Don't get too caught up in the appearance of those integers there. The more players you stack on sides in GW2, it begins to get zergy, and then you're gonna have WvW in PvP. Hey, if that's what you want then kudos. Just understand what you're really asking for.

Also, we'd need some kind of new maps and an entirely new game mode to make 8v8 or 10v10 to work. Imo, they should work towards something more like the Hall Of Heroes for an AT event or something. That'd be amazing.

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:Eh, people have been saying this stuff since day 1.

GW1 and GW2 are two very different games. 8v8 GvG in GW2 will feel nothing like 8v8 GvG in GW1. Don't get too caught up in the appearance of those integers there. The more players you stack on sides in GW2, it begins to get zergy, and then you're gonna have WvW in PvP. Hey, if that's what you want then kudos. Just understand what you're really asking for.

Also, we'd need some kind of new maps and an entirely new game mode to make 8v8 or 10v10 to work. Imo, they should work towards something more like the Hall Of Heroes for an AT event or something. That'd be amazing.

Dude, we already had 8v8Why you talk "8v8 GvG in GW2 will feel nothing like 8v8 GvG in GW1"?

Yeah of course its different, but you make it sound like 8v8 would be a nice thing in GW2.

The game started out 8v8, 5v5 was the new thing.When 5v5 came along (for the casuals), thats when players started leaving.Thats when #esports died (no casuals no #esports)

Back then, if you didn't do tourny,5v5 was a NEW thing.

8v8 everybody was enjoying it. Who cared about 5v5 tourny.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:Eh, people have been saying this stuff since day 1.

Dude, we already had 8v8Why you talk "8v8 GvG in GW2 will feel nothing like 8v8 GvG in GW1"?

Yeah of course its different, but you make it sound like 8v8 would be a nice thing in GW2.

The game started out 8v8, 5v5 was the new thing.When 5v5 came along (for the casuals), thats when players started leaving.Thats when #esports died (no casuals no #esports)

8v8 was too zergy in conquest.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Eh, people have been saying this stuff since day 1.

Yeah because that was casual.Thats what casuals want.

Thats why there was 30+ full servers going on.Because again, THATS WHAT CASUALS WANT.

Yes bro, aint no joke with 30+ full 8v8 servers.I remember picking the 090s because I haded the "server full message"all it took was 8/16 players and viola it gets packed real quick.

PLUS you can spectate if you just want to watch others play.PLUS you can switch teams, for those wanting extra challenge

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

ok

Thats why there was 30+ full servers going on.Because again, THATS WHAT CASUALS WANT.

No, that's because the game was new on release, no one knew what to expect yet, and literally thousands of players were playing pvp at any given point in time.

Yes bro, aint no joke with 30+ full 8v8 servers.I remember picking the 090s because I haded the "server full message"

Yeah, but things are a lot different in terms of what players want, now that we are 9 years in and have experienced ranked seasons/AT formats/ect ect.

The meta is also just dramatically different than release day. If you were to try and run 8v8 in a conquest map now, it would result in literally everyone running supports & bruisers only so they can stack together. It'll be Tempests & FBs & Holos & Scrappers & Necromancers forever baby. The more players crunched into a conquest map, the less relevant Thief/Mesmer/Ranger like roles become, because they can't go anywhere without a support/bruiser stack being there. Same thing would happen as with wvw zerging, there won't be a place for the classes designed for mobility and trickery.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

ok

No, that's because the game was new on release, no one knew what to expect yet, and literally thousands of players were playing pvp at any given point in time.

Yes bro, aint no joke with 30+ full 8v8 servers.I remember picking the 090s because I haded the "server full message"

Yeah, but things are a lot different in terms of what players want, now that we are 9 years in and have experienced ranked seasons/AT formats/ect ect.

The meta is also just dramatically different than release day. If you were to try and run 8v8 in a conquest map now, it would result in literally everyone running supports & bruisers only so they can stack together. It'll be Tempests & FBs & Holos & Scrappers & Necromancers forever baby. The more players crunched into a conquest map, the less relevant Thief/Mesmer/Ranger like roles become, because they can't go anywhere without a support/bruiser stack being there. Same thing would happen as with wvw zerging, there won't be a place for the classes designed for mobility and trickery.

Back in 2013 there was still 30+ servers. There was 30+ servers until they forced everyone into unranked and ranked 5v5s.Now look at it.Years of success 2012 2013 2014 hotjoins PACKED. esports thrivingIts not our fault the viewership was low, MORE PEOPLE PLAYING and enjoying then wanting to watch a 5v5 matchup.

More marketing and advertising was needed, NOT everyone needs to be doing 5v5 and that will make people watch it.

HOW ABOUT YOU MAKE THE #ESPORTS 8v8

Too dang late now.

Already dumbed PvP ALL the way down.Ranks 80 is nothing anymore.Rank 80 was AN HONOR in Guild Wars.GW2 makes rank 80 look like nothing

Partying up, PEOPLE ACTUALLY partied with a PURPOSE back then.

It wasn't just a Plat+It was we need this and that

Its easy for you to talk about it, you wasn't PvPing or there at that time.I WAS, I had 3 MILLION GLORY thats a shit ton

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

ok

Its easy for you to talk about it, you wasn't PvPing or there at that time.I WAS, I had 3 MILLION GLORY thats a kitten ton

I've owned this game since day 1 release. I have 15,345 hours played over 2,972 days, and 18,105 games played.

I spent a lot of time trolling around hotjoin in the beginning. Original Capricorn was my all time favorite map, still is to this day.

Do you know why hotjoin will never be a thing again? Because there is an entire list of dozens and dozens and dozens of custom arenas sitting there with maximum player capacity team customization, designed exactly like old hotjoins, are the old hotjoins for all intents & purposes, they do the exact SAME THING, but no one ever joins them to play in them.

Telling you man, things are just different now in 2020.

And to throw in something else to boot here, have you ever tried 3v3 conquest in a custom arena? It strangely works amazingly well.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

ok

Its easy for you to talk about it, you wasn't PvPing or there at that time.I WAS, I had 3 MILLION GLORY thats a kitten ton

I've owned this game since day 1 release. I have 15,345 hours played over 2,972 days, and 18,105 games played.

I spent a lot of time trolling around hotjoin in the beginning. Original Capricorn was my all time favorite map, still is to this day.

Do you know why hotjoin will never be a thing again? Because there is an entire list of dozens and dozens and dozens of custom arenas sitting there with maximum player capacity team customization, designed exactly like old hotjoins, are the old hotjoins for all intents & purposes, they do the exact SAME THING, but no one ever joins them to play in them.

And to throw in something else to boot here, have you ever tried 3v3 conquest in a custom arena? It strangely works amazingly well.

Honestly...3v3 Conquest might work better. Conquest needs to get changed, drastically, some way or some how. Cutting the numbers down might do it...and also make balancing less complicated because you're dealing with less numbers of players per team. Numbers, even with the damage nerf patch, are still pretty bloated; especially on certain classes.

Even WoW, after a while, took out 5v5 Arena. Firstly it was played less, secondly queues were longer because of needing 5 players to queue up as full teams, and thirdly it was a "zerg" fest. It got especially bad as numbers got more bloated in WoW with each subsequent expansion (it was removed in the Legion expansion), so those matches essentially just ended up being "all 5 players hard focus one player down" and that was the match.

Also Trevor is right, 8v8 never "went away" its still been there, in hotjoin, but as he said...things are vastly different now in terms of the landscape of the game. People don't want that anymore, a select few of you might be pining for those old days because of how particularly...mismanaged GW2, as a whole, has been these last several years (especially PvP/WvW) but going backwards into the era where "ignorance was bliss" isn't the solution because you will never get that back. Its the same thing with Classic WoW, people were pining and gushing over those old days of when they probably first discovered MMORPGs or WoW itself and thought that Raids would have been harder, and taken months to clear and that it would have been a better experience. Very much not what happened. Molten Core, back in the day, did take like weeks to clear. In Classic WoW in 2019? It took a matter of days. Also, "back in the day" you would only see like...2 maybe 3 people per server who actually owned Thunderfury. In 2019...way more people have it.

Things change, but I think thats the problem with ANet and GW2...they haven't. At least they haven't changed in the ways that they probably need to.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

ok

3v3?Nothing but a bunch of bots

Nothing but people exploiting leaderboard (aka on first day they get to 1900+ rank points, and then the rest of the days they just maintain it, you get +100s on first day, so they exploit it)

Dude you talking about hotjoins now?Its because they got rid of the glory system, thats why nobody plays them anymore.If you got something with little to no reward vs something with great rewards.... OF course nobody is going to play hotjoins.

The difference back then was ONLY pros could get the rewards from ranked(which was tournament vouchers), you had to win.Now, its a participation thing for ranked.

Thats why nobody plays hotjoins now, and it defaults to 5v5.

Anet killed 8v8In that process it killed EsportsIn that process it killed pvp

@"uberkingkong.8041" said:Should make an 8v8 season.Why 2v2 1v1 3v3 4v4???

Stupid

GW2 was originally 8v8 pvptaking too dang long to go back to how it was originally.how it was when it was at it's peak

Before anybody whines"ques will be long"bro this 3v3 que is longer than 5v5

8v8 is gonna be the same kinda wait as we have right now.

Just do it.It was successful at launch, yeah because it had peak players.They changed to 5v5 and it went downhill.

esports died because casual pvp went from 8v8 to 5v5

no casual pvp equals dead #esports pvp

Make the 8v8 happen. I aint want to discuss this.

As someone who used to play and 8v8 with objectives, in another MMO, I dunno if this would be a good idea. It will make the game slower and zergy.

If we have maps with more objectives, it could work. But with 3 objectives, it won’t.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

ok

And to throw in something else to boot here, have you ever tried 3v3 conquest in a custom arena? It strangely works amazingly well.Anet killed 8v8In that process it killed EsportsIn that process it killed pvp

Esports never died actually.

Anet removed themselves from ESL when the commercial profits were no longer worth the investment.

^ That is actually true.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

ok

3v3?Nothing but a bunch of bots

Nothing but people exploiting leaderboard (aka on first day they get to 1900+ rank points, and then the rest of the days they just maintain it, you get +100s on first day, so they exploit it)

Dude you talking about hotjoins now?Its because they got rid of the glory system, thats why nobody plays them anymore.If you got something with little to no reward vs something with great rewards.... OF course nobody is going to play hotjoins.

The difference back then was ONLY pros could get the rewards from ranked(which was tournament vouchers), you had to win.Now, its a participation thing for ranked.

Thats why nobody plays hotjoins now, and it defaults to 5v5.

Anet killed 8v8In that process it killed EsportsIn that process it killed pvp

Rose tinted glasses, my friend. Rose tinted glasses. Nostalgia is one heck of a drug, in that it impairs ones better judgment.

Also, 5v5 is already a bunch of bots. You think 8v8 will be any different? No, it won't because people don't care about this games PvP because ANet clearly doesn't.