Ideas for Halloween 2021

Brycar.2651

The lore is full of ghosts. I just looked up ghost on the wiki and there are many many. How about next year a well known ghost like Gwen Thackeray or First Mate Shane sends us on a collection which involves other ghosts in dungeons, raids, strike missions, fractals, jumping puzzles, etc.? I am not saying add new ghost characters. Just repurpose speaking to ghosts already in game. (That list was for example. I don’t know that there is a ghost in one of the raids or other parts mentioned.). The reward could be a new spirit weapon, ghostly infusion or something else spooky theme.

@"Brycar.2651" said:The lore is full of ghosts. I just looked up ghost on the wiki and there are many many. How about next year a well known ghost like Gwen Thackeray or First Mate Shane sends us on a collection which involves other ghosts in dungeons, raids, strike missions, fractals, jumping puzzles, etc.? I am not saying add new ghost characters. Just repurpose speaking to ghosts already in game. (That list was for example. I don’t know that there is a ghost in one of the raids or other parts mentioned.). The reward could be a new spirit weapon, ghostly infusion or something else spooky theme.

You may find this interesting: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mad_Mysteries and https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mad_Mementos

What I'd like to see is to complete the Unholy Trinity that currently just has Mad King Thorn and Bloody Prince Thorn. We need a Mad Queen to complete the picture!

Even though our fair community organizer Mad Queen Malafide wouldn't necessarily be happy about suddenly seeing competition for her beloved Thorn's heart at this point, it'd be lovely to see the fifth of Thorn's infamous wives, the Istani Princess Zola, make a return as a vengeful ghost who has as many grievances with Thorn as the Bloody Prince does.

During GW1 Zola was involved in a quest aptly named "Till Death Do Us Part..." that ended on an ominous note when the GW1 Hero tried to convince her to return to Thorn so Thorn could have a proper queen by his side upon his prophesied return to the mortal realm:

Zola: Very good! I can see why my deranged, good-for-nothing ex-husband has you running around as his little errand monkey.
Zola: Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to head to Kryta.
Zola: If that screwy, delinquent husband of mine is coming back as a mortal, I want to be the first in line to send him right back into Grenth's waiting arms!
Emissary of King Thorn of Kryta: Oh yes, I was expecting the queen to be...surprised by our request. Don't you worry, I'm sure the trip to Kryta will give her time to cool off. Once she sees her beloved husband's regal visage I'm sure it will light the fire of love in her heart once more.

Unlike the more comedic banter between Thorn and his son, his fifth wife could actually prove to be a serious challenge. While the Mad King would no doubt try to rekindle the fires of passion in Zola's heart after all this time with a few jests, Zola would have none of it and make Thorn suffer in ways that would even make the Bloody Prince blush. And let's not forget if someone ever slipped in information about Joko's latest fate and how Thorn would react to the news about the Pact Commander's involvement in such shenanigans...

I'd love to explore the rest of the Isle of Istan as we've only visited the northeastern corner of it in GW2 (including a brief visit to Fahranur in the west) while most of the island is still unexplored. Perhaps Zola's plot could foreshadow our eventual return to Istan if we ever visit new zones in Elona as there are so many juicy locations left to explore in that region of the world. :)

Another fun thing I'd like to see is Thorn seeking a new punny rival while he's deprived of teasing his favorite rival Joko (I would've loved to see those two challenge one another on screen, though! Just imagine all the puns and necromancy!). In the quest "The Killing Joke" we learned how Thorn had a dangerously witty pun competitor in the form of an eldritch being called Qwytzylkak. Although that pun master was slain for daring to challenge Thorn's pun championship, it'd be nice to see another punny rival (eldritch or otherwise) rise to give our Mad King some serious concern about whether he'll still be the reigning punmeister or has to relinquish the title. If there's something Thorn is dead serious about, it's the quality of jokes and using jokes to make a point (which the Bloody Prince has yet to fathom).

Another interesting thing would be if Thorn had actually sired more children whose existence he was unaware of. We've only heard of Bloody Prince Edrick Thorn, but what if Thorn came face to face with his wayward daughter one day and learn about the family connection? What if Thorn's daughter understood him better than anyone else, and we'd actually see some truly heartwarming scene involving the Mad King (as much as such a moment doesn't involve setting unfortunate mortals on fire!) once he realizes he has a legacy beyond himself to protect. :)

@"Kossage.9072" said:What I'd like to see is to complete the Unholy Trinity that currently just has Mad King Thorn and Bloody Prince Thorn. We need a Mad Queen to complete the picture!

Even though our fair community organizer Mad Queen Malafide wouldn't necessarily be happy about suddenly seeing competition for her beloved Thorn's heart at this point, it'd be lovely to see the fifth of Thorn's infamous wives, the Istani Princess Zola, make a return as a vengeful ghost who has as many grievances with Thorn as the Bloody Prince does.

During GW1 Zola was involved in a quest aptly named "Till Death Do Us Part..." that ended on an ominous note when the GW1 Hero tried to convince her to return to Thorn so Thorn could have a proper queen by his side upon his prophesied return to the mortal realm:

Zola:
Very good! I can see why my deranged, good-for-nothing ex-husband has you running around as his little errand monkey.

Zola:
Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to head to Kryta.

Zola:
If that screwy, delinquent husband of mine is coming back as a mortal, I want to be the first in line to send him right back into Grenth's waiting arms!

Emissary of King Thorn of Kryta:
Oh yes, I was expecting the queen to be...surprised by our request. Don't you worry, I'm sure the trip to Kryta will give her time to cool off. Once she sees her beloved husband's regal visage I'm sure it will light the fire of love in her heart once more.

Unlike the more comedic banter between Thorn and his son, his fifth wife could actually prove to be a serious challenge. While the Mad King would no doubt try to rekindle the fires of passion in Zola's heart after all this time with a few jests, Zola would have none of it and make Thorn suffer in ways that would even make the Bloody Prince blush. And let's not forget if someone ever slipped in information about Joko's latest fate and how Thorn would react to the news about the Pact Commander's involvement in such shenanigans...

I'd love to explore the rest of the
as we've only visited the northeastern corner of it in GW2 (including a brief visit to Fahranur in the west) while most of the island is still unexplored. Perhaps Zola's plot could foreshadow our eventual return to Istan if we ever visit new zones in Elona as there are so many juicy locations left to explore in that region of the world. :)

Another fun thing I'd like to see is Thorn seeking a new punny rival while he's deprived of teasing his favorite rival Joko (I would've loved to see those two challenge one another on screen, though! Just imagine all the puns and necromancy!). In the quest
we learned how Thorn had a dangerously witty pun competitor in the form of an eldritch being called
. Although that pun master was slain for daring to challenge Thorn's pun championship, it'd be nice to see another punny rival (eldritch or otherwise) rise to give our Mad King some serious concern about whether he'll still be the reigning punmeister or has to relinquish the title. If there's something Thorn is dead serious about, it's the quality of jokes and using jokes to make a point (which the Bloody Prince has yet to fathom).

Another interesting thing would be if Thorn had actually sired more children whose existence he was unaware of. We've only heard of Bloody Prince Edrick Thorn, but what if Thorn came face to face with his wayward daughter one day and learn about the family connection? What if Thorn's daughter understood him better than anyone else, and we'd actually see some truly heartwarming scene involving the Mad King (as much as such a moment doesn't involve setting unfortunate mortals on fire!) once he realizes he has a legacy beyond himself to protect. :)

A Mad Queen joining the squabbling is an excellent idea

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@"Brycar.2651" said:The lore is full of ghosts. I just looked up ghost on the wiki and there are many many. How about next year a well known ghost like Gwen Thackeray or First Mate Shane sends us on a collection which involves other ghosts in dungeons, raids, strike missions, fractals, jumping puzzles, etc.? I am not saying add new ghost characters. Just repurpose speaking to ghosts already in game. (That list was for example. I don’t know that there is a ghost in one of the raids or other parts mentioned.). The reward could be a new spirit weapon, ghostly infusion or something else spooky theme.

You may find this interesting:
and
Yes, thank you. I did those a while back. I was thinking more along the lines of using current content with an extra collection item reward at the end when you speak to the ghost. Like speak to first mate Shane at the end of the JP.