Warrior needs a comeback next patch

gmmg.9210

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

@Dante.1508 said:It really does op.. Warriors need a way better ranged option.. and a lot more defence on par with Guardians, Jeez even thieves play better than Warriors in open world.

The amount of thieves I have to rez during Bounties says otherwise...

Actually i rezz everyone because i mostly play Engi.. That said my Warrior dies in Tyria maps my other Classes do not.. Even today i was chatting to my guild and they all agreed Warrior needs super help.

I find myself in the same situation in open world with my warrior, rezing a good chunk of players that go down. Meanwhile I'm still at full health and tanking the same damage that killed them (and yes I'm full glass). For open world people just don't know how to use warrior traits to their advantage.

I kitten out might in OW for that reason. That and I watch my footwork. Red circles are bad juju by the sign of all the dead eles and thieves inside of them.

My build doesn't care about red circles.

True, EP and Defiant Stance laughs at red circles.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Dante.1508 said:It really does op.. Warriors need a way better ranged option.. and a lot more defence on par with Guardians, Jeez even thieves play better than Warriors in open world.

Actually i rezz everyone because i mostly play Engi.. That said my Warrior dies in Tyria maps my other Classes do not.. Even today i was chatting to my guild and they all agreed Warrior needs super help.

I find myself in the same situation in open world with my warrior, rezing a good chunk of players that go down. Meanwhile I'm still at full health and tanking the same damage that killed them (and yes I'm full glass). For open world people just don't know how to use warrior traits to their advantage.

I kitten out might in OW for that reason. That and I watch my footwork. Red circles are bad juju by the sign of all the dead eles and thieves inside of them.

My build doesn't even have those. :lol:

Oh do tell now. I'm always all ears for what builds people put together in any game mode.

Oh do tell now. I'm always all ears for what builds people put together in any game mode.

I don't have a template saved online right now and I'm on my phone atm, but think of all ways you can trigger MMR and mending might. Short of one shot kills and massive condi pressure it lives through most difficult things. Plus giving so much might to others in the area keeps dps up on the boss.

I don't have a template saved online right now and I'm on my phone atm, but think of all ways you can trigger MMR and mending might. Short of one shot kills and massive condi pressure it lives through most difficult things. Plus giving so much might to others in the area keeps dps up on the boss.

Ah, that is pretty much what I do in OW along with simple situational awareness. Is it Str/Arms/Tactics? You can generate significant might that way, and more adrenaline than you could ever need as well for that matter.

Str: Bot/Mid/Mid for more heals Top for more dpsArms: Mid/Mid/MidTact: Top/Bot for dps or Mid for heals/Bot

Take Mending, FGJ, SoM, spare utility, SoR.

Ah, that is pretty much what I do in OW along with simple situational awareness. Is it Str/Arms/Tactics? You can generate significant might that way, and more adrenaline than you could ever need as well for that matter.

Str: Bot/Mid/Mid for more heals Top for more dpsArms: Mid/Mid/MidTact: Top/Bot for dps or Mid for heals/Bot

Nope, strength, tactics, spell breaker (magebane tether becomes a completely broken heal with it). Plus you have the added defense of full counter for some one shot things.

Nope, strength, tactics, spell breaker (magebane tether becomes a completely broken heal with it).

True, with Phalanx Strength that pulses out a large amount of might for MM alone not to mention MMR.

Nope, strength, tactics, spell breaker (magebane tether becomes a completely broken heal with it).

True, with Phalanx Strength that pulses out a large amount of might for MM alone not to mention MMR.

Yup and you should easily be overcapping might so everyone around you should have full might too. So more DPS all around.

@Tere.4759 said:

I found this build yesterday and it is really great. I love my warrior again. I use viper gear and just condition longbow. I do have sword/torch but haven't had to weapon swap. Definitely not what one would think of when thinking about a warrior but it does have survivability and dps. I love whomever made that build.

While that is certainly fun and strong his reference to the Defense line CDs implies competitive play not raids or fotm. Although some people have success with condi zerkers in competitive play so ymmv.

@gmmg.9210 It will take some acclimating but everything got hit hard in Feb. not just warrior, but some things hit warrior particularly hard, like the CC damage nerf.

Actually, I don't PvP. I find this build very strong open world and I'm sure in fractals. If you know how to work it, why not. Raids, I could care less about.

It's pretty terrible in fractals please don't run this, the ramp up is way too slow.

• 2 weeks later...

Why do u guys suffer when you can play as a trailblazer scourge for Open World? XD

@Raizel Silverius.6430 said:

Why do u guys suffer when you can play as a trailblazer scourge for Open World? XD

Scourge is true suffering. OW PvE Warrior is fine, and realistically one of the best DPS you can have when Power outshines Condi, like in FotM.

Scourge is true suffering. OW PvE Warrior is fine, and realistically one of the best DPS you can have when Power outshines Condi, like in FotM.

My "lazy warrior" as I like to call it outlives trailblazer scourges in open world with little effort while usually pulling good DPS.

I still think Warrior has to be tuned slightly higher than other professions simply based on how the class works. We have very limited access to evades, and virtually zero stealth, and teleports. Those 3 are some of the most powerful mechanics in the game if not the most. Warrior has to successfully do things in order to even fight properly. We have to land our F1 bursts, and in many cases its tied to our survival. Other professions simply do not have this problem.

The more I play Daredevil and Soulbeast the more it solidifies this opinion.

@sneakytails.5629 said:I still think Warrior has to be tuned slightly higher than other professions simply based on how the class works. We have very limited access to evades, and virtually zero stealth, and teleports. Those 3 are some of the most powerful mechanics in the game if not the most. Warrior has to successfully do things in order to even fight properly. We have to land our F1 bursts, and in many cases its tied to our survival. Other professions simply do not have this problem.

The more I play Daredevil and Soulbeast the more it solidifies this opinion.

Try playing Reaper. Solid melee DPS and you can build it to take almost no damage, condi or power. It's my second choice after warrior tbh.

Small pet peeve of mine that needs to be fixed. The skills Bladetrail (GS4) and Tremor (Mace5) need to be line targeting skills. It is difficult to reposition your character facing while you have a target to be able to hit multiple opponents. Also would be more useful when you are getting chased to cast them behind yourself without spending 1-2 long seconds manually repositioning character facing and deselecting. Additionally, the useability of Bladetrail is severely hampered by it being destroyed for any collision. At the very least, the blade should immediately return if it collides with anything.