Full maps in LFG - [Merged]

Hesione.9412

@Friday.7864 said:

@Friday.7864 said:Commanders have much better things to do than keep re-adding their squad to LFG each time a few people leave the map instance.

We also manually re-add our LFG when our squad decreases. On maps like DWC I get: put group in LFG, people join so it hits 50, is automatically unlisted, squad drops to - say - 42, I relist, rinse and repeat.

I also change the LFG text to reflect what is happening in a meta map, e.g. changing the count everytime a point is capped in DWC. Updating map progress in SW.Having 8 people join, and 6 tell me the map is full, is annoying for all concerned. At that point I delist and keep the extras in squad, hoping they can spam in at some point.

If I can't get into a map with any group listed, I stay on my map, tag up, and go into LFG. There's multiple maps and multiple people trying to get into maps. There's no need for people to keep trying to get into the one map.

If you wanna delist your own squad feel free to do so, but please stop trying to impose your habits on others. No one should have the right to remove other people's LFG entries. Marking them as full and moving them to the bottom of the list is an excellent compromise if they ever implement something like this. And when enough people leave the map it can move back up on its own. Micromanaging LFG while I'm in the middle of something is the last thing I want to do as a comm.

Where did I say that I wanted the right to remove other people's LFG entries? Or that anyone else in the squad should be able to delist?

I agree that colouring them and moving them to the bottom of the list is a good idea.

With the current system someone has to actively do something:

• comm delists/relists/delists, or
  • people keep spamming to get in, or
  • people give up spamming to get in, and try to find a squad on a map that isn't full (and may try spamming on multiple squads, trying to find a map that isn't full)

In all cases, currently, there is at least one person who has to actively do something.

I would like Anet to do something, anything, that removes people having to actively manage trying to find a map that isn't full.

It also would be nice to have the option to quickly change squad. Currently the system is bugged and shows messages that the other squads aren't accepting members anymore - when you already are in a squad. You first need to leave. Then join another one. Makes it more troublesome to try different squads. (Actually I then prefer to search one where the commander placed himself in group 2 where I can spam try to join the map instead.)

The lfg tool should be hotfixed (shouldn't be much trouble and there is no reason to not do it - no downside) to allow to direcly click on another squad to join there (while already in a different squad).

They also could add queues for map instances - similar to the WvW queues. And of course showing if the map is full ... would be nice as well. Red, yellow, green. Red (full), yellow (almost full). Since it would not update in real time in the list ... you could go for green ones then. (Yellow might be full already when you joined squad and then try to join the map.)

• 2 weeks later...

@Danikat.8537 said:

@finkle.9513 said:Its not so hard is it? just pick a squad with mid range numbers... ?

The problem is that the Labyrinth is an open map, people can join without being in a squad so a 1/2 full squad could still be on a full map. It's more likely they'll have space, but it's not guarenteed.

guaranteed *

So you work down the list.. its really a none problem tbh.

@"Aerinndis.2730" said:It would be nice if the posting would change color (such as a red tint) for a full map that the commander is on and lose the tint when the map is open. That way it would be easy to see what was open or what wasn't. It is frustrating joining a LFG showing 22 people only to find the map full.

That's a pretty cool idea. Maybe suggest it here where we know the devs periodically review? https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/53097/suggestions-qol-quality-of-life-ideas

@finkle.9513 said:

@finkle.9513 said:Its not so hard is it? just pick a squad with mid range numbers... ?

The problem is that the Labyrinth is an open map, people can join without being in a squad so a 1/2 full squad could still be on a full map. It's more likely they'll have space, but it's not guarenteed.

guaranteed *

So you work down the list.. its really a none problem tbh.

A couple days ago I worked my way through the dozen-long list and every single one was full except the last, and clicking Join on the last didn't do anything for some reason. That's a problem in my view. Color coding full maps makes a lot of sense.