Fury of the brand, hard or almost impossible to summon Skimmer on Mesmer in time

ShadowCatz.8437

How do one survive when there is branded creatures that attack? I try to kill off my illusions to avoid being still in combat (but creatures still have aggro), press button to summon Skimmer and then I am dead from the repeating damage from Fury of the brand.

Have so far been killing things perfectly fine on Mirage (most part Viper armor) and yes I know some would call it a glass canon, but doesn't mean that you get killed that often which happens now from how Fury of the brand work and how mounts gets blocked to summon Skimmer. Even changing between Skimmer and Springer seem to be a problem. Before patch I didn't feel that aggro prevented me summon mount or that it was this kind of cooldown between chaning mount.

False Oasis (healing) feels also underwhelming when one need to move around a lot, and it is base heal is very low even in PvE (when one already take damage from enviromental damage) at the same time it is need for its Mirror effect to get that boost from damage and dodge to be able to keep up with survivle.

Is mount bugged the way it works on Mesmer (aggro, illusions still force player in combat)?

Getting really upset now of how many times I can not summon mount in time before I am dead...

• 1 month later...

@Leonidrex.5649 said:I dont know what specific mission is that or whatever, but If I remember correctly the brand lightning does not strike you when you are mid air, jump off the cliff/rock, glide untill out of combat and then mount griffon and go from there?

TBH I had similar problems to OP until I got the skyscale. Maybe he doesn't have a flying mount yet?

@Draygorn.7012 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:I dont know what specific mission is that or whatever, but If I remember correctly the brand lightning does not strike you when you are mid air, jump off the cliff/rock, glide untill out of combat and then mount griffon and go from there?

TBH I had similar problems to OP until I got the skyscale. Maybe he doesn't have a flying mount yet?

Well it is some time since I posted this, so I have all mounts now. There is issues when I did not come out of combat on my Mirage even where all my illusions where killed off, no aggro from hostile as far as I could see so not possible to either mount or use map to get to a safe place.

Skyscale isn't a solution when are working on getting either that or Griffon. Only keep jumping on Springer solved a bit of how much damage you will take as don't have contact with ground. Finding a roof or somewhere to hide from sky isn't possible when you are gliding down to the bottom of Thunderhead Peaks FotB zone. Most of you probably know that THP have issues where that map suddenly gets hiccups deluxe and skills, actions and everything is lagging as crazy.

Anyway with all access to flying mounts it is less a problem as you can change to flying mounts in midair. As long Skyscale have some energy left and not empty flight bar it will stay in air, so you can regain some altitude from hugging the walls. Not really a solution when you don't have any of these mounts unlocked, but at least for my account it is something I will not need to experience again.

• 4 months later...

This is just another example of this game being stretched thin and Anet not being to handle the bugs. When has Anet EVER fixed PvE bugs?

90% of the overhangs don't actually work or register in-game as overhangs, and there are numerous areas where once you are off mount, you won't be able to summon it - notably the Jackal mount area of Yahnur Plateau Vista.

Will this be addressed? No. The PvE component of this game breeds frustration and is made of bugs and poor mechanics.