Feq questions about summoned elementals

Bronth.7306

Hello guys :) Thats my first post on the forum. I have a couple of questions about elementals because unlike with pets of the ranger I cannot see their stats. How their power damage, crit chance and crit damage is calculated? Its percentage of my own stats, power, ferocity, precision? Or maybe each elemental have set values for each stat?

Ice is objectively the best since it's relatively tanky, the skill heals 5 people for 6-7k, hits somewhat hard and comes with a decent knockback. It also passively creates a chill field. It makes both air and earth useless since it brings more than both of those together. Fire is only used for squeezing some extra damage and stacking might passively, but you have small elementals for that.

Wiki shows which skill each elemental does passively, how often and how much damage they do. Some of them provide boons or apply conditions. Big elementals do the same like small ones + the skill which you can activate.

They have their own stats, and though their base damage is low, it scales explosively with Might and Vulnerability stacking.

Fire for damage, Ice for healing(+ice fields for Frost Aura), Air for ranged and CC, and Earth for Protection. The most effective combinations are full Fire Elementals for DPS builds and Lesser Ice Elementals+Elite Earth Elemental for support builds.

(The reason being that Frost Aura is 10% damage resistance and Protection is another 33%, or 40% on Scrapper & Tempest.)

The Air Elementals still have their uses mainly in encounters like Thaumanova Fractal Anomoly.

@Hannelore.8153 said:They have their own stats, and though their base damage is low, it scales explosively with Might and Vulnerability stacking.

Fire for damage, Ice for healing(+ice fields for Frost Aura), Air for ranged and CC, and Earth for Protection. The most effective combinations are full Fire Elementals for DPS builds and Lesser Ice Elementals+Elite Earth Elemental for support builds.

(The reason being that Frost Aura is 10% damage resistance and Protection is another 33%, or 40% on Scrapper & Tempest.)

The Air Elementals still have their uses mainly in encounters like Thaumanova Fractal Anomoly.

Scrapper and tempest dont share 40% protection, it's a self buff only. Everyone else gets 33% all the time. On support builds you have much higher value by not running any elementals, unless you're playing core ele for some reason, which is ineffective to begin with.

@steki.1478 said:

@Hannelore.8153 said:They have their own stats, and though their base damage is low, it scales explosively with Might and Vulnerability stacking.

Scrapper and tempest dont share 40% protection, it's a self buff only. Everyone else gets 33% all the time. On support builds you have much higher value by not running any elementals, unless you're playing core ele for some reason, which is ineffective to begin with.

You misundertsood that I was trying to say it gets shared with others. I meant the support is always pressured the most, so the self-buff matters alot. , I mostly talk from a perspective of Fractals and WvW where this is the case.

Also, this isn't mean to sound rude but I think I know how to play Ele effectively after eight years of doing it in all content.

Sure, you'll have higher effectiveness in meta groups with other skills, but you aren't going to be chosen for meta groups to begin with. Elementals are a good hybridised mechanic that is viable in any encounter, from open-world to instanced to even facing other players. They require very little adjustment to the build and playingstyle to be sufficient, which is why people use them.

@Hannelore.8153 said:

You misundertsood that I was trying to say it gets shared with others. I meant the support is always pressured the most, so the self-buff matters alot. , I mostly talk from a perspective of Fractals and WvW where this is the case.

Also, this isn't mean to sound rude but I think I know how to play Ele effectively after eight years of doing it in all content.

Sure, you'll have higher effectiveness in meta groups with other skills, but you aren't going to be chosen for meta groups to begin with. Elementals are a good hybridised mechanic that is viable in any encounter, from open-world to instanced to even facing other players. They require very little adjustment to the build and playingstyle to be sufficient, which is why people use them.

The only pressured person is tank in a raid squad. Healers are just as pressured as dps since nothing that they do is anything different, especially in fractals and wvw where everyone takes the exact same pressure (although you dont even use temp and scrapper in fractals as healers), but sure, extra protection helps either way.

I also dont see how elementals are better than literally any shout on tempest considering that only elite ones provide some support (besides fire for might, which you have plenty of) and rebound is by far the best elite you can use with support build, regardless of how meta your group is.

• 2 weeks later...

elementals have a lack of synergy. ex: interrupt from shocking aura that you put on your elemental wont proc the dammage on stun effect from trait or interrupt effect from sigil.

the only synergy i found so far that might be usefull is with air elemental, they give switness, you can transform that swiftness into regen and then into condi removal with trait from weaver and water.

@MasterDeere.3417 said:elementals have a lack of synergy. ex: interrupt from shocking aura that you put on your elemental wont proc the dammage on stun effect from trait or interrupt effect from sigil.

the only synergy i found so far that might be usefull is with air elemental, they give switness, you can transform that swiftness into regen and then into condi removal with trait from weaver and water.

It's not lack of synergy, it's just a different entity that's doing the stun from aura. It works the same like sharing auras to allies.