PvE downstate

@Sobx.1758 said:

@"Timbersword.9014" said:I appreciate the down state on toxic knights, but it works there because they're like the lieutenants among a group of chaff. It sets them apart as "leaders" that refuse to die and not just some mob with a color ring around their portrait indicating a bigger stat pool.Getting a "captain" mob mixed into the chaff in events like a rare spawn (as in one every 3-5 repeats of an event) or as an event boss could be pretty cool.

Exactly this.

The new expansion is a city right? Bunch of thieves guild thugs?Need some meta events with boss like mobs.

They need to be able to go into downstate and not just die.

Its a city expansion, they mimicking real players. Real players go into downstate.

Were did you get info that its a city expansion?You have spouted that in a few threads now

You ever play Guild Wars?What about Guild Wars Factions?

kitten right I'm expecting 15 player PvP too
Not no 1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4 anything under 5v58v8 was prime in GW2, whoever doing PvP in GW2 right now is very dumb.what about 7v7 6v6 8v8???? HRMMMM???8v8 was PRIME TIME, GOLDEN AGE of PvP in GW2.kitten right I'm expecting 15v15. ANything more than 20 is too much.

[non-gw2 video]Just look at the video picture. BIG kitten ZONE BIG kitten CITY zone.

I'm expecting(...)

It doesn't matter what "YOU'RE EXPECTING", the question was for the source on the upcomming update, you gave no source, that's all there is to it. From what you're saying for now it's a possibility, but nothing confirmed.
  1. PvE MOBS they need downstate, its a city zone, city zone has player like mobs... player like mobs should have a downstate

No, pve mobs don't need downstate and they should not have it. There's no point to implementing it, even moreso if what you've just said is somehow your main "argument" for it.

Its 2020, typical expansion isn't gonna cut it anymore. 2020 is about being CREATIVEIts 2020Its 2020 so expectations ARE HIGH

(....more "IT'S 2020" rumbling, as if that's supposed to mean anything...)

What is a "typical expansion"? What are you even going on about here?

Everyone knows what the next expansion is about.It has a trailer already.

Now within first 15 seconds.... Music and what you see, Oh yeah Guild Wars Faction

GW FactionsJust listen to the musics, GW2 and GW Factions same thing its obvious.Its obvious what the next expansion is going to be about. JUST AS OBVIOUS AS HoT.

So yeah againBIG CITY EXPANSIONIts 202015v15I'm expecting it

Make zones or A ZONE RACEABLE first THEN PvE it up.

It's 2020I'm expecting BIG THINGSMMORPG with NPCs riding on mounts?Yep something I would expect

Its 2020PvP 15v15I'm expecting it

Oh yeah this is PvE downstate thread.NPCs they player likeThey need a fucking downstate

There should be dungeons where its you vs them, it shouldnt be simple static dungeons.PvE mobs need to be more NON STATIC

As in your in the zone and SOMETIMES YOU ARE HUNTEDSOMETIMES A PvE party comes and hunts you down

Its 2020Big expectationsI have the BAR INSANE high

Its 2020 is whyGOOGLE ITYOU CAN GOOGLE THAT

Easy to implementIts 2020GOOGLE ITAlready been DONE

The bar is HIGH in 2020People had enough of low expectations.2020 is a big year this is the year WE EXPECT BETTER of people

WE EXPECT BETTER of video game developers.ITS BEEN DONE BEFORE

15v15??? ALREADY BEEN DONETHIS AND THAT???? ALREADY BEEN DONE

Just do it

My bar is highIts 2020

These PvE mobs, they like real players, they deserve downstate. PERIODbtw what I mean by make zone raceable first, is You put the streets in BEFORE you start building buildings BEFORE you add fluff and PvE.

So many things expecting. No excuses I want to hear. This game, makes more then enough money, they've already done it previously. THERE IS NO EXCUSES to give them.You give them EXCUSES there expectations go lower. I for one aint one of the kind of people who give excuses for OTHERS ESPECIALLY IF THEY ALREADY DOING FINE.

They did 8v8 PvP fineThey did EoTM fine

EXCUSES lead to EMPTY EoTMEXCUSES lead to DEAD ASS PvP and EMPTY 8v8 which lead to not so good PvP and DEAD #esports

@kharmin.7683 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:I am of the mindset that all non event based humanoid enemy types in Gw2 should have a downstate mechanic.Maybe not all of them. I know that I would get tired of having to use a finisher for each and every one.

you don't have to. if their HP are lowered killing + cleaving might just take as long as killing HoT or PoF mobs but if you manage to get stab/invul stomps up you kill them pretty fast (while this at the same time makes oneshots bad as downstate cuts off any overkill damage which is also good imo).

i also liked the few downstate mobs, especially the exalted traitor that hasn't been mentiooned yet. so far enemies don't try to rezz while they already got interrupt mechanics, so if rezz mechanics are implemented, little groups of 4-5 low HP sentient allies could roam around rezzing each other and trying to interrupt stomps. you can put quite a lot of dmg on them while they rezz and if you interrupt their rezz you get even more out of it. i certainly like the idea.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

@"Timbersword.9014" said:I appreciate the down state on toxic knights, but it works there because they're like the lieutenants among a group of chaff. It sets them apart as "leaders" that refuse to die and not just some mob with a color ring around their portrait indicating a bigger stat pool.Getting a "captain" mob mixed into the chaff in events like a rare spawn (as in one every 3-5 repeats of an event) or as an event boss could be pretty cool.

Exactly this.

The new expansion is a city right? Bunch of thieves guild thugs?Need some meta events with boss like mobs.

They need to be able to go into downstate and not just die.

Its a city expansion, they mimicking real players. Real players go into downstate.

Were did you get info that its a city expansion?You have spouted that in a few threads now

You ever play Guild Wars?What about Guild Wars Factions?

kitten right I'm expecting 15 player PvP too
Not no 1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4 anything under 5v58v8 was prime in GW2, whoever doing PvP in GW2 right now is very dumb.what about 7v7 6v6 8v8???? HRMMMM???8v8 was PRIME TIME, GOLDEN AGE of PvP in GW2.kitten right I'm expecting 15v15. ANything more than 20 is too much.

[non-gw2 video]Just look at the video picture. BIG kitten ZONE BIG kitten CITY zone.

I'm expecting(...)

It doesn't matter what "YOU'RE EXPECTING", the question was for the source on the upcomming update, you gave no source, that's all there is to it. From what you're saying for now it's a possibility, but nothing confirmed.
  1. PvE MOBS they need downstate, its a city zone, city zone has player like mobs... player like mobs should have a downstate

No, pve mobs don't need downstate and they should not have it. There's no point to implementing it, even moreso if what you've just said is somehow your main "argument" for it.

Its 2020, typical expansion isn't gonna cut it anymore. 2020 is about being CREATIVEIts 2020Its 2020 so expectations ARE HIGH

(....more "IT'S 2020" rumbling, as if that's supposed to mean anything...)

What is a "typical expansion"? What are you even going on about here?

Everyone knows what the next expansion is about.It has a trailer already.

(...)Now within first 15 seconds.... Music and what you see, Oh yeah Guild Wars Faction

(...)GW FactionsJust listen to the musics, GW2 and GW Factions same thing its obvious.
Its obvious what the next expansion is going to be about. JUST AS OBVIOUS AS HoT.

Sure, we know it's cantha, which doesn't mean they'll just make a copy of it from gw1.

So yeah againBIG CITY EXPANSIONIts 202015v15I'm expecting it

Make zones or A ZONE RACEABLE first THEN PvE it up.

It's 2020I'm expecting BIG THINGSMMORPG with NPCs riding on mounts?Yep something I would expect

Its 2020PvP 15v15I'm expecting it

Oh yeah this is PvE downstate thread.NPCs they player likeThey need a kitten downstate

There should be dungeons where its you vs them, it shouldnt be simple static dungeons.PvE mobs need to be more NON STATIC

As in your in the zone and SOMETIMES YOU ARE HUNTEDSOMETIMES A PvE party comes and hunts you down

Its 2020Big expectationsI have the BAR INSANE high

Its 2020 is whyGOOGLE ITYOU CAN GOOGLE THAT

Easy to implementIts 2020GOOGLE ITAlready been DONE

The bar is HIGH in 2020People had enough of low expectations.2020 is a big year this is the year WE EXPECT BETTER of people

WE EXPECT BETTER of video game developers.ITS BEEN DONE BEFORE

15v15??? ALREADY BEEN DONETHIS AND THAT???? ALREADY BEEN DONE

Just do it

My bar is highIts 2020

You make no sense with your meaningless "IT's 2020!!111!11" spam, in your next post try making coherent sentences so they can be understood and responded to.

These PvE mobs, they like real players, they deserve downstate. PERIOD

No, pve mobs aren't like real players and downstate in pve makes no sense, period.

So many things expecting. No excuses I want to hear. This game, makes more then enough money, they've already done it previously. THERE IS NO EXCUSES to give them.You give them EXCUSES there expectations go lower. I for one aint one of the kind of people who give excuses for OTHERS ESPECIALLY IF THEY ALREADY DOING FINE.

lmao, you think anyone will make excuses for you? :D Seriously, I don't undersatnd what you're even talking about here.

EXCUSES lead to EMPTY EoTM

What excuses?

EXCUSES lead to DEAD kitten PvP and EMPTY 8v8 which lead to not so good PvP and DEAD #esports

What excuses?

• Confused 1

@Linken.6345 said:Kinda sad that @uberkingkong.8041 think nothing have changed in cantha during the 250 years spanning bettwen gw1 and gw2.The city could have been demolised by a tusnami or something since bubbles have been terrorising the sea bettwen kryta and cantha.

NahSee what I could see happening,The heroes too busy fighting dragons, that Cantha got very corrupt, instead of dragons we fighting gang bangers. They be rolling up on their roller beetle, lay smackdown on real players. They teach real players how to stomp properly and rez properly.

Why they have a dragon saying "you need me" because everything got corrupt while all the heroes out doing hero things... Back home got corrupt.

It's like Medieval ages, you go out to battle and win a war, meanwhile politics and stuff back home get corrupt since everyone at war.

@WorldofBay.8160 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:I am of the mindset that all non event based humanoid enemy types in Gw2 should have a downstate mechanic.Maybe not all of them. I know that I would get tired of having to use a finisher for each and every one.

you don't have to. if their HP are lowered killing + cleaving might just take as long as killing HoT or PoF mobs but if you manage to get stab/invul stomps up you kill them pretty fast (while this at the same time makes oneshots bad as downstate cuts off any overkill damage which is also good imo).

i also liked the few downstate mobs, especially the exalted traitor that hasn't been mentiooned yet. so far enemies don't try to rezz while they already got interrupt mechanics, so if rezz mechanics are implemented, little groups of 4-5 low HP sentient allies could roam around rezzing each other and trying to interrupt stomps. you can put quite a lot of dmg on them while they rezz and if you interrupt their rezz you get even more out of it. i certainly like the idea.

Yes,this would in turn help people get better at PvP too.As in the NPC gives himself stability, and stomps on someone (you have to strip their boons and CC em), and if they rezzing their allies, they use a knockback to anyone stomping.

I'd like to see events where its not you running all the way to Jade Maw, but events where the enemy is fighting against you, not necessarily a defence event but where the enemy actually has Artifical Intelligence and goes after you and you become HUNTED.

Playing defense and being hunted are two different things.Its 2020, there is such thing as AI

Easy enough to implement too, just google it.

Its 2020

BTWSince these things are PvEIt'd be nice in meta events, where NPC required around 5 to 20 finishers to officially die depending on how many people show up. Anything more than 20 is just too much, too cluttered.

@WorldofBay.8160 said:

Some of the Toxic Krait do have revive mechanics and will try to res downed Toxic Sylvari but only downed ones.Would be cool if they had interrupts too and would use them on people trying to stomp ^^

@uberkingkong.8041 said:They teach real players how to stomp properly.

My guestion is: why? It isn't used in PvE, so how would that benefit anyone playing PvE? If you think something like this would encourage me to try PvP, you are dead wrong.If cantha is some free for all PvP thing, at least i can say for certain that i won't touch it. I might ignore it anyway, but this would be anet telling me, clear as day, that it isn't for me and i should ignore it. You might not say straight you want open world PvP, but i'm sure that is what this is all about. It's ALWAYS about PvP with people like you.

@Yggranya.5201 said:

My guestion is: why? It isn't used in PvE, so how would that benefit anyone playing PvE? If you think something like this would encourage me to try PvP, you are dead wrong.If cantha is some free for all PvP thing, at least i can say for certain that i won't touch it. I might ignore it anyway, but this would be anet telling me, clear as day, that it isn't for me and i should ignore it. You might not say straight you want open world PvP, but i'm sure that is what this is all about. It's ALWAYS about PvP with people like you.

If they want to play PvP later, they'll know how to stomp.

The game teaching is no different than playing Zelda game, like the enemies that only have a weakness if you attack them from behind.Aint like they got a trick up their sleeve, its just oh his friend is coming, he is going to CC, its expected, I should dodgeroll it or use stability, which is expected counter.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

If they want to play PvP later, they'll know how to stomp.

People that want to know how to stomp already know how to. People that somehow still don't know what it is, but actually want to play pvp will learn about it at one of their first pvp deaths/kill. Your argument here is nothing more than fiction from the lack of a real argument. Downstate in pve is unneeded at all.

• Confused 1

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:It would be nice to have a downstate on at least some mobs. I have a bunch of finishers I’ve never used and if I could use them in PvE I would.

Sylvari members of the
get downed in combat, and can be Finished.

Dude,he wants to showoff his finisher.Thats the whole point of a finisher is to show it off to others, just like buying armor, you want to show it off.

Just because some mobs have it doesn't mean we don't need it elsewhere.Those mobs, hardly anyone is even at those locations. He doesn't want to see finisher himself, he wants others to see it.We need it in meta events, popular events, some people just want to show it off.

GW2 is nothing but a showoff game.Whats point in getting a legendary other than showing it off?

So having this in the next expansion,fulfills that urge, heck I want to showoff my finishers too.Also adds another level of difficulty rather than "lets increase the health to make this a tougher event"

Honestly, I think there is something worthwhile to consider here ... more mobs we would have to finish would get players to be more interactive with the game. There could even be some interesting mechanics with finishing mobs fast. You can imagine a chance to kill a 'finishing' mob without finishing if X crits in a row for instance ... or a chance to finish them faster with some crit proccing ... whatever. I really liked the Toxic Alliance NPC downing ... I would have loved to see more of it.

If you ask me, it's a way that Anet could make OW PVE meta events like Dragonstand less 'zerg'. Take out some percent of the mobs and give the remaining ones down state so people have to take more chances to interrupt fights with finishing so the NPC mobs don't revive them. I mean, it's a game mechanic ... and there isn't a reason to not use it in interesting ways to spice things up than just making encounters where players pumping out AOE DPS to collect bags. IMO, this is the kind of mechanic that doesn't increase the difficulty of the game so much so that casual players would throw their hands up. It's the kind of thing I think Anet could do to make the PVE experience much more dynamic ... why anyone would resist that?

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:It would be nice to have a downstate on at least some mobs. I have a bunch of finishers I’ve never used and if I could use them in PvE I would.

Sylvari members of the

Dude,he wants to showoff his finisher.Thats the whole point of a finisher is to show it off to others, just like buying armor, you want to show it off.

You might be surprised to hear that I understood that part. It was pretty clear.

Just because some mobs have it doesn't mean we don't need it elsewhere.Those mobs, hardly anyone is even at those locations. He doesn't want to see finisher himself, he wants others to see it.We need it in meta events, popular events, some people just want to show it off.

Some subset of players ("we") want it in blah blah blah. For what it's worth, I think it would add something, but I wouldn't ever say it was necessary.

And my point was addressing the implication in @Just a flesh wound.3589 's post that there aren't any mobs that have it. Look more closely:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:It would be nice to have a downstate on at least some mobs. I have a bunch of finishers I’ve never used and if I could use them in PvE I would.

We do have it on some mobs, just not lots of mobs.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

Sylvari members of the

You might be surprised to hear that I understood that part. It was pretty clear.

Some subset of players ("we")
want
it in blah blah blah. For what it's worth, I think it would add something, but I wouldn't
ever
say it was necessary.

And my point was addressing the implication in @Just a flesh wound.3589 's post that there aren't
any
mobs that have it. Look more closely:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:It would be nice to have a downstate on
at least some mobs
. I have a bunch of finishers I’ve never used and if I could use them in PvE I would.

We
do
have it on
some
mobs, just not
lots
of mobs.

Yes, thank you. I should have been more precise with my wording.

I would like the downstate on more mobs in new areas I now do events and not just in areas I no longer do events.

Is that phrased precisely enough?

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

Sylvari members of the

Some subset of players ("we")
want
it in blah blah blah. For what it's worth, I think it would add something, but I wouldn't
ever
say it was necessary.

And my point was addressing the implication in @Just a flesh wound.3589 's post that there aren't
any
mobs that have it. Look more closely:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:It would be nice to have a downstate on
at least some mobs
. I have a bunch of finishers I’ve never used and if I could use them in PvE I would.

We
do
have it on
some
mobs, just not
lots
of mobs.

Yes, thank you. I should have been more precise with my wording.

I would like the downstate on more mobs in new areas I now do events and not just in areas I no longer do events.

Is that phrased precisely enough?

Indeed, and I think it's a good idea.

@Yggranya.5201 said:

Stomping downs is fun and cool. Once you get some downs, the fight becomes about those downs for a few seconds, trying to finish or save them with well-timed application of AOE damage, defensive skills, and CC. Securing a stomp under pressure feels real good, like you just scored a goal for your team. There are frustrating aspects to it in PvP/WvW as well, but in PvE you can can focus on the fun part because the down-state abilities and healing mechanics don't actually have to be symmetric since the opponents aren't built using the same rules as the players.

@ASP.8093 said:

Stomping downs is fun and cool. Once you get some downs, the fight becomes
about
those downs for a few seconds, trying to finish or save them with well-timed application of AOE damage, defensive skills, and CC. Securing a stomp under pressure feels real good, like you just scored a goal for your team. There are frustrating aspects to it in PvP/WvW as well, but in PvE you can can focus on the fun part because the down-state abilities and healing mechanics don't actually have to be symmetric since the opponents aren't built using the same rules as the players.

Exactly

Its kind of like Tequatl, when you have to break up and you got people stomping on grub holes, keeping the bloated guys away, etc.Gives you a sense of purpose other than, press 1.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

@ASP.8093 said:

about
those downs for a few seconds, trying to finish or save them with well-timed application of AOE damage, defensive skills, and CC. Securing a stomp under pressure feels real good, like you just scored a goal for your team. There are frustrating aspects to it in PvP/WvW as well, but in PvE you can can focus on the fun part because the down-state abilities and healing mechanics don't actually have to be symmetric since the opponents aren't built using the same rules as the players.

Exactly

Its kind of like Tequatl, when you have to break up and you got people stomping on grub holes, keeping the bloated guys away, etc.Gives you a sense of purpose other than, press 1.

With 10 people per hole, it's still zergy and in most cases you might as well not do it even without every single person trying to accomplish the task.

For a very similar reason I don't think it's a remotely useful/good idea to add downstate to regular pve mobs. It doesn't add involvement, it doesn't reduce zerging, it doesn't make anything more engaging or active, you just get clumps of people pressing F on a single mob with the first one succeeding and the rest maaaaaybe uselessly finishing the animation for the sake of it instead of actually activelly playing the game. I don't see the appeal of suddenly adding that mechanic to broader pve content.

If you want to show off your finishers, then play competitive modes where you need to do something to use it.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

@ASP.8093 said:

about

Exactly

With 10 people per hole, it's still zergy and in most cases you might as well not do it even without every single person trying to accomplish the task.

For a very similar reason I don't think it's a remotely useful/good idea to add downstate to regular pve mobs. It doesn't add involvement, it doesn't reduce zerging, it doesn't make anything more engaging or active, you just get clumps of people pressing F on a single mob with the first one succeeding and the rest maaaaaybe uselessly finishing the animation for the sake of it instead of actually activelly playing the game. I don't see the appeal of suddenly adding that mechanic to broader pve content.

If you want to show off your finishers, then play competitive modes where you need to do something to use it.

Maybe these PvE mobs, have Downstate breakbars.Gotta use finishers on them to break the downstate breakbars.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

@ASP.8093 said:

about

Exactly

Maybe these PvE mobs, have Downstate breakbars.Gotta use finishers on them to break the downstate breakbars.

At this point why not just use regular breakbars where you at least need to use multiple related skills instead of pressing F and pretending it added something to the gameplay? Seems to me like you want breakbars but... less engaging? I don't see the point of that.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

@ASP.8093 said:

about

Exactly

At this point why not just use regular breakbars where you at least need to use multiple related skills instead of pressing F and pretending it added something to the gameplay? Seems to me like you want breakbars but... less engaging? I don't see the point of that.

You don't get to see your finisher with regular breakbar.People want to see their finisher.

You don't get the downstate experience too.

Maybe they have a breakbar.... BUT there allies can bring them up before 10 people break the downstate breakbar and they instant die.

Can't cleave em to death. Gotta use NPC downstate breakbar... Finishers break it.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

@ASP.8093 said:

about

Exactly

You don't get to see your finisher with regular breakbar.People want to see their finisher.

Then open the finisher tab and keep watching on repeat I guess? Or, as I already wrote above, go play competitive modes where you can keep using the finishers on your opponents, which is primarily what they were made for, right?

Downstate in pve seems pointless to me, it doesn't bring anything meaningful to the table. If you want to experience pvp mechanics... You know what to do, right?

Maybe they have a breakbar.... BUT there allies can bring them up before 10 people break the downstate breakbar and they instant die.

Can't cleave em to death. Gotta use NPC downstate breakbar... Finishers break it.

I still don't see how that's supposed to be more engaging than regular breakbar?

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:With 10 people per hole, it's still zergy and in most cases you might as well not do it even without every single person trying to accomplish the task.

I agree that it'd be pretty dull for big events.

I really like it when there's like 3-10 people fighting a similar number of enemies, though.

@Sobx.1758 said:

@ASP.8093 said:

about

Exactly

Then open the finisher tab and keep watching on repeat I guess? Or, as I already wrote above, go play competitive modes where you can keep using the finishers on your opponents, which is primarily what they were made for, right?

There is some validity in this argument ... just wanting to see a finisher is a poor reason to implement finishing on NPC's. The value isn't in being able to see it, that's for sure. In fact, I would propose that any implementation of finishing in PVE would need to be accompanied with the ability to shut off seeing them ... there is already enough visual information in this game.

Downstate in pve seems pointless to me, it doesn't bring anything meaningful to the table. If you want to experience pvp mechanics... You know what to do, right?

It would depend on how ... Sure, on single mob encounters, a finisher would be kinda dumb. I can see NPC finishing as a method to reduce zerg encounters. The meaningful aspect of finishing an NPC that is part of a group would be the same as the meaningful aspect of finishing a player in WvW/PVP that is part of a group ... there is a chance they revive if people don't take the correct actions to ensure they are finished. I see potential there in PVE so encounters are more thoughtful and engaging than just 111111111. We actually already had this in the Toxic Alliance ... and I think it worked rather well and made those mobs feel more like opponents than targets.

I still don't see how that's supposed to be more engaging than regular breakbar?

Nor do I ... it's definitely not how I would propose using finishing in PVE.