Function gyro isn't very, well, functional

archmagus.7249

Yes it remotely stomps enemies and resses allies, but it can be on a full minute before you can use it again if you res and stomp the max number of targets. Sure you can trait it to give you stab and superspeed, and it dazes for a whole 1/2 second.

I think it should be reworked, working somewhat like the necromancer transfusion trait.

Instead of having to place the gyro, it has a radius of 900 centered on the player the gyros will then move the players being ressed within 180 units of the scrapper. Gyros will appear over enemies. For each player successfully ressed/stomped the skill recharges 5% faster. For each gyro which was destroyed/failed to res function gyro recharges 10% slower. The gyros will attempt to res for 10s before going away. Dealing enough damage, knocking them down or back will destroy them;if they are stunned or dazed they will resume their res/stomp once it wears off. If the player is cc'd or moves out of the 180 unit circle, downed/defeated, all gyros are immediately destroyed. Once the function gyro is ready, an effect icon will be visible.

As for traits-gyroscopic acceleration increases the gyro radius to 1200, and the ally res to 360. Also, superspeed is applied when an ally is revived or an enemy is finished.-Mass momentum: gain stab when an ally is ressed or an enemy is stomped.-system shocker: remove function gyro dazes on cast, replace with gyro skills daze on last pulse daze 1/2s 5s icd-expert examination: replace with Field Triage: gyros revive 10% faster and grant barrier to revived players.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Isnt it on like 25s cd? Nobody use it on groups since that means it instantly explode.

25 sec for a single target + 50% for each additional target. You can use it on a group, but you need to use your Defense Field while you're on top of them to protect them from projectiles and CC. Obviously, I'm talking sPVP group fights (like 3v3), not in zergs on WvW where obviously the gyros are all instantly blown.

Nice suggestions @"archmagus.7249". The current version of the Function Gyro is probably the best so far, but compared to other Elite mechanics, it is still quiet lackluster. It feels like it is made of paper.

If the cooldown would be affected by Power Wrench, it would be less of a chore to use it on multiple targets. When I use it in squads, I almost always regret the use, because I run into a "better" situation just a few seconds later, when it is on an extremely long cooldown. And when I try to save it for that one perfect situation, the encounter is over and the Gyro was not used at all.

Another huge problem comes with the downed-teleport skills from Thief, Mesmer and the Mist Form of Elementalist. But also the pulls of Ranger and Necromancer, which abort the Gyro instantly and send the entire skill to cooldown. So when there is a Necromancer around, I usually have to wait till they go into Shroud, or risk to waste the Gyro. In addition, I should check the class of the downed player and decide to wait until the used their mobility-skills (if Thief/Mesmer/Ele). We are a frontline class, our combat used to be intuitive.

• 2 weeks later...

I use it for self buffs only in WvW -- or if a solo foe is down, but even then not much. Almost every down-state skill set has a stun which makes the gyro useless.Similar with rezzes in WvW -- the opposing teams usually bomb on downs to kill the players trying to rez. Function gyro gets stunned into oblivion.