[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Can we get a bind for contextual mounting, like if we're in the water if I hit the key it would mount the skimmer, in wvw it would mount the warclaw, if I'm in the air it would mount the griff or skyscale depending on which you have selected as preferred, and if you're on the ground anywhere else; (whatever you would select as preferred possibly in an options dropdown menu)

@wilykcat.5864 said:How do I keep on getting notifications for replies to this post, is there a way to turn those off for this post?

I dont remember when I replied to this. :s

I do like some of the suggestions I'm seeing for improving lions arc.

Do you have the thread bookmarked at the top of this page? Might want to check that. Upper right side, same line as the title.

I'd like to see a second area to track achievements. We have the one on the HUD but I'd like to see another on the Hero Panel that lists ones you want to track but don't want to clutter the HUD with. The spot on the GUI where you take them to follow could be set to gold sun for tracking in both places and a silver moon for just the hero panel. The reason why I suggest a sun and moon is for those out there that might be color blind. I'm not sure if they would have a problem telling gold from silver.

@DeanBB.4268 said:Not to mention the annoyance of it hiding the dailies. I've often added several achievements to the watch list and worked on them, only to remove them at reset time so I can more easily see the dailies.

Yea, that's the primary reason why I suggested it. The dailies go straight to the bottom and hidden if you have more than a few items listed. They could also give priority to the dailies to be listed at the top.

I think the outfits tab should be reworked to be less disjointed and the one place where you customize your character.The Bulk of this Idea is that The Outfits Tab would work as a wardrobe and now have Preset Outfits, Armors and Dye combination slots on the Right side.

Wardrobe PanelOn the Left side would be where you pick from a drop down of Outfits or Light. Heavy, Medium Armor. For example Selecting Light Armor would bring all unlocked light armor for you to mix and match, Just like how the outfits work now. Dyeing would work Just like the wardrobe function with slots beside the icons, Click the dye channels on the side of the armor to open up the dye menu. Once your done click save and the combination is saved to a preset on the right side.

Preset PanelOn the Right side are slots with screenshots of each outfit or armor combination you have saved. A red (!) symbol will appear on a preset if you are not wearing an armor type to match. A Wear button is in each slot for you to quickly click and readjust your outfit.I'd suggest getting rid of transmutation charges since It's just added inconvenience but a popup menu could appear each time you click wear of the transmutation cost.

Aura TabAdditionally all Cosmetic Auras (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cosmetic_aura) have a bind to account or skin unlock option just like Novelties and are stored in the wardrobe to save into presets too.

MountsJuts like with the dye channel the horseshoe beside the armor icon remains and when you click it, it opens up the same system but for presets with mounts and various skins/dye combinations.

And make it optional. For example, there would be a generic binds which you can use for any character, like a traits build, you just swap into it. Maybe it would be possible to save bindings like that?As for why:For efficency/tactical reasons I have made my movement E, S, F. D is interact. I had 2, 3 etc as profession skills and have wep/utility skills positioned around ESFDs. Since I use marking as Dead Eye almost all the time, I found it easier to move it into a more assesible place, the key between shift and Z. But wait, there is the skill that appears after I have marked an enemy. It would be silly to reach for 3, so I position it in Z. But this is bad, because I had an utility skill in Z. So I had to move an utility skill into 3... and that's fine as deadeye because I use a signet I hardly activate. This could be a problem on other classes though. What if I have 3 utility skills I want to actively use? Holosmith needs their separate special button as well, altough it's only ONE, meaning they can give up Z for utility skill.So, at this point you're probably very confused, but understand this, let different characters have their own key bindings, thank you.(I suck at explaining things, sorry)

@Pockethole.5031 said:And make it optional. For example, there would be a generic binds which you can use for any character, like a traits build, you just swap into it. Maybe it would be possible to save bindings like that?As for why:For efficency/tactical reasons I have made my movement E, S, F. D is interact. I had 2, 3 etc as profession skills and have wep/utility skills positioned around ESFDs. Since I use marking as Dead Eye almost all the time, I found it easier to move it into a more assesible place, the key between shift and Z. But wait, there is the skill that appears after I have marked an enemy. It would be silly to reach for 3, so I position it in Z. But this is bad, because I had an utility skill in Z. So I had to move an utility skill into 3... and that's fine as deadeye because I use a signet I hardly activate. This could be a problem on other classes though. What if I have 3 utility skills I want to actively use? Holosmith needs their separate special button as well, altough it's only ONE, meaning they can give up Z for utility skill.So, at this point you're probably very confused, but understand this, let different characters have their own key bindings, thank you.(I suck at explaining things, sorry)

Would be a usefull feature and is also often requested, but as we don't know, if it will ever be implemented, maybe you can try arcdps in the meantime, because it offers class-keybinds.

Forum related:

Would it be possible to show the server-region below the forum avatar? Just NA or EU.

Reason is rather simple. We get a lot of questions on the boards which require this little information to be solved properly. A lot of answers are delayed, just because we first have to ask the topic-creators where they are from and then wait for a response. In several cases, the topic dies before that happens. This is quite frustrating for both sides.

• Let everyone know somehow if the map that the squad is on is full or not.
  • Dungeon/Fractal Finder, random or/and specific ones.
  • I hope someone in Anet is reading this...?

Edit: also it would be great if NPCs swarming around bank/tp would be ignored and bank/tp would be prioritized instead of others within a limited area. I do not want to greet any random npc when I'm about to look up my bank tabs.

I have ideas for roleplayers. I came from a really excellent RP guild on a wonderful server in Everquest II, so I'm a little spoiled, I admit. I'd love to have designated RP servers. Also, can we have a different color for player /em text? Preferably a shade of purple? (I love purple! And I named my RP guild "Royal Purple" so that I can even have an RP tag.) The gray just blends in with the NPC chatter and makes it hard to follow character storylines. Which reminds me, it might make it even easier if you provide a way to show that your character is currently in roleplay mode. And my last suggestion: can we have a way to make notes by our friends names so we can remember where we met and played with them? Not all of us have steel trap young minds!

Especially for the crafting Recipes.I know I can hover my pointer over each item to check for the status, but, I don't want to spend whole day checking stuff on the TP, I want spend time to play the game.

Please add : to the filter out - "items I already owned" for skins, minis, crafting recipes etc

thank you.

PS: if it is not too much to ask, please also add a notification for item I do not already own when it pops up in the Trading Post so i can buy them all. for completion purposes.

This will help players to get rid of annoyance that is using food every 30 mins from inventory. And when you do something... intense, either in wvw or pve, you can simply forget to renew food and lose benefits.Also it will help Ascended food and Primer Flasks to have more value.Single portion of Ascended food will provide 3 hours. Non-ascended foods and utilities will provide almost same effect but it will take 4 portions ( 2 portions of Potent Utilities ).In case with Flasks, not everyone prefer to grow ingridients for them, better effect duration will bring more attention to those. BL primers will remain with 12 hours, makes it superior to Flasks.