World Restructuring

Gaile Gray.6029

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:or think every charakter needs to have access to every skill and utility option etc :dizzy: > about gw1, i never played it, so cannot say much. might check the vid laterGW! Every character had a primary and secondary profession , you could change your secondarys whenever you wanted , mix and match trait lines , skills ... the result 100s of different , varied , PLAYER CREATED builds , my thief necro for JQ was designed to make casters lives a misery , as was my ranger, my ele mes was a shrine capping god.

GW2 took all that way , all that creativity , invention, the trial and error of build creation and dumbed it down to , this is your weapon, this the things you can do with it .

Arenanet todavía te queremos y nos encantaría seguir jugando a Guild Wars 2 y a Mundo contra Mundo, amamos el modo de juego y nos encantaría ver el próximo nivel.

Aunque parezcamos sarcásticos y enfadados en estos foros, aún creemos en la compañía.

English has failed us, let's try in other languages....

What if this has been the problem all these years?

@vier.1327 said:Arenanet todavía te queremos y nos encantaría seguir jugando a Guild Wars 2 y a Mundo contra Mundo, amamos el modo de juego y nos encantaría ver el próximo nivel.

Aunque parezcamos sarcásticos y enfadados en estos foros, aún creemos en la compañía.

Dunno, I try.

Arenanet, qua non si batte chiodo da anni, eppure qualcuno, come me, è tornato perché crede in questo gioco. Ma sta passando troppo, troppo tempo; è arrivata l'ora di rinnovare un po' questa modalità, che vogliamo fare?Sperando di non essere delusi ancora una volta,saluti dall'Italia.

@Nigredo.2084 said:

@vier.1327 said:Arenanet todavía te queremos y nos encantaría seguir jugando a Guild Wars 2 y a Mundo contra Mundo, amamos el modo de juego y nos encantaría ver el próximo nivel.

Dunno, I try.

Arenanet, qua non si batte chiodo da anni, eppure qualcuno, come me, è tornato perché crede in questo gioco. Ma sta passando troppo, troppo tempo; è arrivata l'ora di rinnovare un po' questa modalità, che vogliamo fare?Sperando di non essere delusi ancora una volta,saluti dall'Italia.

Ah, Gailia est provinca to you too!

@Inoki.6048 said:

@"kamikharzeeh.8016" said:"ding dang""who there"

alliances when

outside of that, i agree that the project sounds not flawless, but keep in mind that the guy on the vid just guessed how it would work or precisely look. i agree that i think they worked in much of the area into other maps

As long as there are transfers

Never

Sadly, this is truth. The Transfers Gem sales is the most money WvW brings in. If we ever get alliances, it will only be because they figured out how to monetize it the way they did build templates.

@Kylden Ar.3724 said:

@"kamikharzeeh.8016" said:"ding dang""who there"

alliances when

outside of that, i agree that the project sounds not flawless, but keep in mind that the guy on the vid just guessed how it would work or precisely look. i agree that i think they worked in much of the area into other maps

As long as there are transfers

Never

Sadly, this is truth. The Transfers Gem sales is the most money WvW brings in. If we ever get alliances, it will only be because they figured out how to monetize it the way they did build templates.

This. So much and only this!! ^^

Sadly, this is truth. The Transfers Gem sales is the most money WvW brings in. If we ever get alliances, it will only be because they figured out how to monetize it the way they did build templates.Funny thing, I was always under the impression that getting new players to play your game who are not jaded veterans with fully upgraded accounts and solid gold economies would be more lucrative than trying to milk those jaded veterans and make them quit (taking everyone's content with them).

I think you are confusing investing in sales with riding the wave out :3

Imagine investing in a Steam release with full WvW servers and marketing your PvP that you don't really care about there B)

Sadly, this is truth. The Transfers Gem sales is the most money WvW brings in. If we ever get alliances, it will only be because they figured out how to monetize it the way they did build templates.Funny thing, I was always under the impression that getting new players to play your game who are not jaded veterans with fully upgraded accounts and solid gold economies would be more lucrative than trying to milk those jaded veterans and make them quit (taking everyone's content with them).

In sales there is hunting (getting new customers) and also farming (milking existing customers) at the same time.

In a saturated market farming usually is more cost effective than hunting but a sales department should do both.

@"Kylden Ar.3724" said:So, ummm....

Alliances when?

The last WvW stream was 20 days ago now and Ray actually responded to a question about it there again (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/750702837, 35 mins in).

This time around he even gave a bit more information to deduce from. The sad part about it is that it really sounded like they have not progressed at all from what was said in update two, 2 years ago. It really sounded like they have not done any significant work on it at all or that they have rolled back to that point of hooking alpha modules together. That would also make many of the detractors right and many of the middlegrounders like myself wrong. It would also make the optimists dead wrong.

I've not been expecting anything beyond a snail's pace but I've been stupid enough to lead myself to believe that some work had been done and that work would not have been rolled back with regard to what was said during the Mike Z era. All of that stuff could now simply be laid aside as bold-faced lies or that they have once again decided on a roll back, which I don't think this mode or the issues that this project is related to can take anymore. I guess that would be a further step towards detraction for me, but I sincerely belive that we are moving sharply towards an event horizon of player communities in the WvW mode. That doesn't have to be a de facto death of the mode but it will be a general collapse of player communities where what you may see at the lower tiers may spread up through all tiers in terms of organisation, guilds, tag presence and tag quality or content type. So what we consider dead servers today may be the new norm and what else remains be rarities with even more lopsided content.

I mean, that has largely been my critique, and from where I have argued here lately, that the project is not comming along at a needed pace to deliver and move on to related projects. That it is slow or that the team needs resources. That will not be my take on things going forward.