Who's Mesmer's nemesis?

Raizel.1839

thief, if thief doesnt exist, mesmer would be meta right now in conquest.not only consume plasma, that most mesmer skill require target and stealth make mesmer unable to use skill even if you know where thief is,reason they heavily nerfed shadow art stealth uptime in the recent patch.

@Yasai.3549 said:

@Yoci.2481 said:Thief, followed by everyone else. Like what _doesn'_t counter Mesmer these days?

That's funny because Condi Chrono/Condi Mirage actually does deal well with a good number of matchup these days. (Considering it's a 1v1)

you mean like 1-2 builds?, its shit against most things. dunno about latest patch. nerf to scrapper and guard could potentially change those matchups, but previously they were auto loses.

@felix.2386 said:thief, if thief doesnt exist, mesmer would be meta right now in conquest.not only consume plasma, that most mesmer skill require target and stealth make mesmer unable to use skill even if you know where thief is,reason they heavily nerfed shadow art stealth uptime in the recent patch.

I wouldnt say mesmer would be meta, but mesmer would have a chance with the top dogs, there is plenty of things that mesmer struggles against.thief is just no effort fuck you thing that most other classes dont have to deal with.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

you mean like 1-2 builds?, its kitten against most things. dunno about latest patch. nerf to scrapper and guard could potentially change those matchups, but previously they were auto loses.

I did see a high level Chrono stalemate a Scrapper, both in WvW and PvP so I'm inclined to believe Condi Chrono at the very least, isn't pure doodoo.

Lol at the condi mesmer specs, mirage does no dmg and no pressure do to 1 dodge and chrono is dismissible by anything that has cleansing sigil because most your damage comes from confusion which is removed. Mesmers are newb stompers but in terms of mid to high lvl play there is no pressure and is easily ignored. Honestly the meta classes can kill mesmers pretty easily. Mirage is a joke because one dodge you have 8 second window to do your full burst, chrono is a joke because you focus on the split and they will die. People who continue to persist saying mesmers are in a ok spot clearly do not play mesmer or understand the class at all. Don't come to mesmer forums to troll.

Any class if they can survive your initial burst. Once you blow your cooldown and they are still alive your done. It just so happens theif can bypass/counter your initial burst the best. Also how come I don't see more mesmers rocking sword pistol in PvP ? I see everyone spamming GS. Sword has the best damage for mesmer and only weapon that is not a gimmick and can output some decent damage.

@"waxx.3619" said:Any class if they can survive your initial burst. Once you blow your cooldown and they are still alive your done. It just so happens theif can bypass/counter your initial burst the best. Also how come I don't see more mesmers rocking sword pistol in PvP ? I see everyone spamming GS. Sword has the best damage for mesmer and only weapon that is not a gimmick and can output some decent damage.

how has sword "the most damage"1 is melee and mesmer is squishy so autoattacks are suicide.2 deals VERY low damage3 deals legit between 1 and 10 damage.where is the damage at?mesmer is a joke class at this point, GS is fun to play so people play it, tryhards wont play mesmer. people play mesmer for fun and GS is indeed fun so thats what they play.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@paShadoWn.5723 said:You cannot kill a decent mesmer with any class, only chase him/her away.I play mesmer in sPvP for years, my last death was when they did an organized 5-man gank on me and my mouse button broke mid-gank.Would have survived without it breaking... #stealth #teleport #superspeed

you sir are 99% correct, you just spelled thief incorrectly.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@paShadoWn.5723 said:You cannot kill a decent mesmer with any class, only chase him/her away.I play mesmer in sPvP for years, my last death was when they did an organized 5-man gank on me and my mouse button broke mid-gank.Would have survived without it breaking... #stealth #teleport #superspeed

you sir are 99% correct, you just spelled thief incorrectly.Thief is worse because his long-duration stealth is AoE he haves to stay in and there are multiple ways to damage him there / knock him out.While mesmer's one is not only short-cast but also gives superspeed. Not to mention that mesmer can spam believable clones to make pursuers stop and attack.

Your view on mesmer is likely based on good, skilled players who stand and spam until they die.