[Suggestion] Guild Hall light switch.

Bunter.3795

I like to spend some time decorating and changing my guild halls' look. A lot of the decorations look a lot better with the moon out rather than the bright sun. I just personally like the mood and look at night especially with the amount of flame/fire/glowing decorations.

It would be nice if the guild hall could have an upgrade to allow you to set it to either day, night or the current cycle as guild permissions saw fit. Since guild halls are instances this upgrade shouldn't interfere with any of the normal lighting cycles though if they are linked to them I could see a problem.

It could be a new guild upgrade and my personal recommendation would be to allow you to talk to the guild treasurer to set it to your desired lighting effect. This way every guild could set it to their own taste and allow them to set permissions for their guild members.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:The problem, of course, with a light switch, is that the Americans would leave it on all the time, acting as if power was cheap and eventually ANet would run out of energy.

More seriously: it's a fun idea. Be nice to see it as a cheap guild upgrade with various levels of control.

I would keep it off 100% of the time. I'm not a day person.

I’d rather have more functioning dynamic light. When I go to make a cave out of stuff it ignores the shadows and doesn’t make it dark enough.

But I’ve also been practically begging for more non-potted tree variations for like a year now and they’ve yet to add anything other than more complicated expensive decorations. At least the winters day ones weren’t too bad aside from the fog machine.

I know they don’t have a guild team anymore but it would be nice if guild halls would get some patch love at some point and a ton more decorations of all kinds.

I'd love it if I could set it to also be really really dark (like in the dark area in the OS JP), so you actually have to use light sources to see. Just really really miss proper darkness in this game. As is, the entire night/day cycle in Tyria feels like summer nights in northern Norway, where it never gets dark. I miss dark nights!

• 2 years later...