ticket farming guide?

weaponwh.9810

To begin with: I discourage everyone to do what I now write.

There is an easy way to keep the participation up while avoiding enemies as best as possible. Any alpine borderland has 5 pve-events. Everyone here might know the 3 veteran creatures but there are also two more events on the map. One event is in the top right corner, the other one in the top left corner. Both events keep your participation up and bring you also tiny loot. You simply need to pass north camp undetected. If you fill the waiting time between the events with some sentries, you should avoid the decay easily.

@gloflop.3510 said:To begin with: I discourage everyone to do what I now write.

There is an easy way to keep the participation up while avoiding enemies as best as possible. Any alpine borderland has 5 pve-events. Everyone here might know the 3 veteran creatures but there are also two more events on the map. One event is in the top right corner, the other one in the top left corner. Both events keep your participation up and bring you also tiny loot. You simply need to pass north camp undetected. If you fill the waiting time between the events with some sentries, you should avoid the decay easily.

Its probably easier to just build a crappy cata and solo a keep.

@KrHome.1920 said:A low rank player will have to invest at least 250 hours on outnumbered maps into wvw to get the legendary armor. I don't know if this is worth it, if you don't enjoy the game mode.

Agree with this. The advice about keeping participation up would work if you're working from home and just have WvW up in the background... but if you're actively playing, find something better to do with your time.

Far better to try and have some fun in WvW, learn the game mode, make friends, join a guild, and let tickets come as a nice side-effect!

@Junkpile.7439 said:

@KrHome.1920 said:A low rank player will have to invest at least 250 hours on outnumbered maps into wvw to get the legendary armor. I don't know if this is worth it, if you don't enjoy the game mode.One piece or whole set?

If we assume a base pip rate of 5 (4 from being middle tier server, +1 from doing wood the week before) and an additional +5 from outnumbered buff, that means 10 pips per tick and 120 pops per hour. In order to reach the cap of 1450 pips, a player would have to spend 12 hours with 10 pips per tick. This yields 365 tickets for that week.

A full legendary armor set, all 6 pieces and materials required, needs a total of 7,880 tickets (for T2) and 9,190 tickets (for T3). Thus 22 weeks for T2 at 12 hours per week is around 264 hours. So he meant for the full armor. This is highly unrealistic though since the outnumbered buff will not always be available (unless intentionally transferring to a T5 server which is empty, then semi-afk farming pips there).

A realistic assumption would be around 400 hours or 500 hours for a fully new player. Thing to note though is, the time required drop significantly as a player progresses to higher ranks and with them bonus pips. The first bonus pip at rank 150 would be achieved after around 10 weeks (assuming 10 ranks per week, which is realistic if buffs are used while flipping camps). The second bonus pip at 620 would take a bit longer, but is also within reach of players who participate in the mode even casually.

The thing about WvW rewards is, they reward long time investment into the mode over short term activity.

@Junkpile.7439 said:

@KrHome.1920 said:A low rank player will have to invest at least 250 hours on outnumbered maps into wvw to get the legendary armor. I don't know if this is worth it, if you don't enjoy the game mode.One piece or whole set? Oh it only take little bit over 9k tickets. I have 22k tickets and didn't think that i can make full set.22k tickets is 60 weeks of running into the ticket cap of 365, which makes you a hardcore wvw player.

To get all the needed tickets in my mentioned 250 hours, you need an average gain of 10 pips per 5 minute tick. That's quite hard to achieve for a new player.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"KrHome.1920" said:That's quite hard to achieve for a new player.Hard to achieve, simple to reach since its only time and doing the same things at rank 1 and at rank 5000+.

At least its not Fractals or PvE raiding. At least in WvW we dont get kicked for not having the meta bu... waaaaaaait....That's not what I stated. I said 10 pips at average is quite hard to achieve for a new player. He would have to be constantly on an outnumbered map. So realistically he needs more like 400 hours instead of 250. The latter would be the absolute best case.

Nowhere I was talking about some "difficulty" of pip farming. Simply because there is none.