Request: Noxious Pod for home instance

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

I think the reason is that it keeps crystalline ingots from being able to be collected without effort. You need 250 of them for a legendary, so that forces you to take part in Dragon's Stand, keeping the meta alive. You can craft amalgamated gemstones or buy them from the TP, only the crystalline ore in the pods can only be gathered by playing on the map.But I still want one in my home instance, too.

@Tanith.5264 said:

@"Vavume.8065" said:Also I would like to see the sunken treasure chest added to home.

Is that the one the "ornate rusted key" opens? Got a bunch of those that need using up (I can't stand krait), so I'm on board with that one as well.

I don't see this happening due to the repeatable achievement associated with those sunken treasure chests.

@DaFishBob.6518 said:

@"Vavume.8065" said:Also I would like to see the sunken treasure chest added to home.

Is that the one the "ornate rusted key" opens? Got a bunch of those that need using up (I can't stand krait), so I'm on board with that one as well.

I don't see this happening due to the repeatable achievement associated with those sunken treasure chests.

Then it doesn’t count for the achievement. I think you have to do each of the sunken treasure sites for the achievement anyway.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@Drecien.4508 said:This is truly needed.

No it isn't. If you have enough other map currencies, you map into DS, top up your stock of Machetes if necessary (that's what the other currencies are for), and then run down each of the three lanes. You can collect 6-8 pods per day that way. (Possibly
per character
- I haven't tried that yet.)

Use mounts to help you avoid the patrolling groups of Mordrem (Raptor jumps past, Griffy lets you fly above them, etc.), and go for it.

EDIT: 6-8 per day if you do that run only once a day, of course. YMMV on how many runs you can do, but each character can only do one run per meta cycle.

Is there a map for those nodes? I found one at each.

@Hesione.9412 said:

@Drecien.4508 said:This is truly needed.

No it isn't. If you have enough other map currencies, you map into DS, top up your stock of Machetes if necessary (that's what the other currencies are for), and then run down each of the three lanes. You can collect 6-8 pods per day that way. (Possibly
per character
- I haven't tried that yet.)

Use mounts to help you avoid the patrolling groups of Mordrem (Raptor jumps past, Griffy lets you fly above them, etc.), and go for it.

EDIT: 6-8 per day if you do that run only once a day, of course. YMMV on how many runs you can do, but each character can only do one run per meta cycle.

Is there a map for those nodes? I found one at each.

They aren't in fixed locations, and sometimes they aren't directly visible from the centre of the lane, and you have to go all the way to the end of the lane, where there's the wall thing that spawns groups of walking mordrem.

• 1 month later...

@"HellBeast.6320" said:I don't know if the topic has ever been brought up or not, but I for one would love to see Noxious Pods available for home instances like the other maps had for their respective nodes.

Using the forum search feature finds this post: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1017104/#Comment_1017104 but there really wasn't much discussion on that point.

Think it would be much harder to get a DS meta going after a few months if people could farm map currency in home instance.I also want to go the lazy route, but if I'd ever want an ach or map completion there it would be more of a pain than it has to be.It's good to give people a reason to come back to a map.

@"Friday.7864" said:Think it would be much harder to get a DS meta going after a few months if people could farm map currency in home instance.I also want to go the lazy route, but if I'd ever want an ach or map completion there it would be more of a pain than it has to be.It's good to give people a reason to come back to a map.

Conversely, if it were easier to get into a valid Dragon Stand map (y'know, without spamming party finder and constant "join in.." taxiing, and literally dying to secure a map), we might have more people willing to just do it and not need a home instance pod. I fully support having one available, though!

@Rauderi.8706 said:

@"Friday.7864" said:Think it would be much harder to get a DS meta going after a few months if people could farm map currency in home instance.I also want to go the lazy route, but if I'd ever want an ach or map completion there it would be more of a pain than it has to be.It's good to give people a reason to come back to a map.

Conversely, if it were
easier
to get into a valid Dragon Stand map (y'know, without spamming party finder and constant "join in.." taxiing, and
literally dying
to secure a map), we might have more people willing to just do it and not need a home instance pod. I fully support having one available, though!

Dunno, I never had those issues. While I was farming for leges I managed to join when they were at 3 bosses or about to kill mordy a few times.Guess it depends when you play.