Bots do +3000 matches per season with total impunity

Delweyn.1309

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

@Tomo.8324 said:Now my 1st love in this game & GW1 as been pvp, im not a BOT, before any one says :-DThis is my take on it....This season alone iv played1413 match's over 2 accountsTotal of 6107 ranked matches over allso iv seen a real change in the amount of these BOTS, i think this is even bigger then Anet are willing to admit... or are they in control ?Most teams seem to have 2 or 3 bots n that's seems to be the deciding factor in the out come of the match,You might all so have one real player in charge of the bots, A Handler if you like, there job is to stop any activity that might not make the game go there way,So the team with the most bots win = Most ProfitThe handlers Direct or RAGE @ real players, Sadly any one that doesn't know better, to obvious kill zones, that the bots will be programed to go to, so to tie up the game or just keep farming points from one point,Iv have probable been reported Hundreds of times, or at least threatened by these people for just not doing what they want to throw the match, to which i say PLS DO, I HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE, Anet can check my Data, i don't cheat, how about U ?.....& if the fight still isn't going there way they simply log out on one side or the otherI have become pretty good @ spotting this activate, And play accordingly, i love trolling the throwers n bots, high lighting them for all to seeI apologies to any one that's encountered me in game & just thinks I'm rude, i am not, just passionate about my pvp

I will try to help any one that asks, but if it looks like a bot n walks like a bot, Expected to get called such :-DI'm a whale biologist :-DAny one from GW1 who knows how to pull there enemy, and block them like the good old Bot riddled Jade Query days should do well in pvp now, its all about pulling them off point n keeping them busy, And ignoring the moron Handlers raging @ U :-DTHINK for YOURSELVESHope this tactic helps yall next seasonMost of all HFTomo

Same Bots now as then WHY ?

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

@"sephiroth.4217" said:

( ...)
and that free accounts could probably deposit gold or send gold to the main accounts.

I think that's why it takes Anet so long to ban those bots and their "owners", they are probably waiting for them to send the Gold/Items so they can track the owners account and ban their main.

However if that's the thing I find it difficult to believe that Anet wouldn't have access to the IP addresses with which the accounts were made.

IP adress for cable and adsl are not static so if you ban an IP you risk to deny to play to a normal player . This is the reason why ban is on user i think

Isn't there a way to ban people based on the unique ID from a piece of hardware within the machine?

I could spin up a new virtual machine in minutes with a unique MAC address.

They could ban you for your unique Hardware ID and that will guarantee you will need to play in another computer. Blizzard does that and probably you have heard already how effective their bans are.The problem is not that easy to separate bots from humans nowadays, the scripts has become so complex than just watching you can't be 100% sure that account is not a bot.

The most accurate way is to analyze your RAM in search of the programs which run those bots but we know what the community thinks about that. So you will have to deal with the bots or a program which analyze your RAM while playing with the game.

Either way, how can we be sure those bots are not from Anet itself to avoid the collapse of PvP because lack of population? They wouldn't be the firsts to do it Fortnite is being doing it for years (with another objective in mind for sure but the results are the same).

@phokus.8934 said:The bots I’ve seen are easy to spot and never go to jump spots.

We can take the tinfoil hats off - these are not ANet bots to keep pvp seemingly alive. If a bot is playing 3,000 games, just think about the economics of it for a player.

you assume they are putting that money into the economy, if they are run by Anet that wouldn't happen?

@Tomo.8324 said:

@phokus.8934 said:The bots I’ve seen are easy to spot and never go to jump spots.

We can take the tinfoil hats off - these are not ANet bots to keep pvp seemingly alive. If a bot is playing 3,000 games, just think about the economics of it for a player.

you assume they are putting that money into the economy, if they are run by Anet that wouldn't happen?

They do run a certain amount of bots for the obvious reasons (lower que times, higher player numbers, etc etc) so....obviously they wont ban themselfs.As far as the players bots goes they buy their ban immunity because the bot program is not free, it has a good income and guess who is taking a slice of that sales pie :)

@Exedore.6320 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:These bots are ranked higher than I expectedBronze league means you're worse than a bot. Bots have been occupying mid-silver for over a year.

@sephiroth.4217 said:These bots are ranked higher than I expected

As I said, they are not so easy to fight. They just lose in games where they run solo in mid against 3 or 4 ennemies.

Just lost a game vs 2 bots.

Thing is,They designed for1 guy DPS1 guy CC

They hope your team stacks and gets CC'ed while other bot DPS

Thats how I lost.I wasn't first to die too, my team... One guy just can't sustain, he drops like a pancake. Can't win 2v3 fights.When bots TARGET.Then their goal is for you to get CC'ed and other guy DPS coordination.

Split them up. I told him that.Just survive and kite.Nope, he ate the CC, he flopped like a pancake and died.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

@"wanya.1697" said:maybe the bots are run by anet so the pvp queues are not too long ? :p

PvP is dead maybe?Also maybe to get people with high wins to lose, and people with high losses to win?

I haven't seen any "I lost 12 games in a row" threads lately.

its highly unlikely to lose this much, fuck even in plat 2 if I was afk 12 games in a row I bet I would win 1 and maybe even 2 of them.people are really fucking bad at this game, and somehow tossed to games they dont belong.bots are tragically bad at this game and they are better then average playerif players are stuck with bots at 1000-1100 rank, all it means that the bots are as good as them at the game. Im sorry but thats the hash truth.

• 3 weeks later...

@anduriell.6280 said:

@"sephiroth.4217" said:

( ...)
and that free accounts could probably deposit gold or send gold to the main accounts.

I think that's why it takes Anet so long to ban those bots and their "owners", they are probably waiting for them to send the Gold/Items so they can track the owners account and ban their main.

However if that's the thing I find it difficult to believe that Anet wouldn't have access to the IP addresses with which the accounts were made.

IP adress for cable and adsl are not static so if you ban an IP you risk to deny to play to a normal player . This is the reason why ban is on user i think

Isn't there a way to ban people based on the unique ID from a piece of hardware within the machine?

I could spin up a new virtual machine in minutes with a unique MAC address.

They could ban you for your unique Hardware ID and that will guarantee you will need to play in another computer. Blizzard does that and probably you have heard already how effective their bans are.The problem is not that easy to separate bots from humans nowadays, the scripts has become so complex than just watching you can't be 100% sure that account is not a bot.

The most accurate way is to analyze your RAM in search of the programs which run those bots but we know what the community thinks about that. So you will have to deal with the bots or a program which analyze your RAM while playing with the game.

Either way,
how can we be sure those bots are not from Anet itself to avoid the collapse of PvP because lack of population?
They wouldn't be the firsts to do it Fortnite is being doing it for years (with another objective in mind for sure but the results are the same).

or thing that i saw in a korean p2w game that i tried a few days years ago in a gw2 burnout phase while waiting for HOT, the game negates to run if there are nontrusted programs runing in paralel, i noticed when the kiten game didnt start because the drivers of a gamepad i had are "nontrusted" (the pad was kiten logitech, what companies use koreans for peripherics?)

@Gogdarth.6741 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:so few minutes ago, a couple of our guild players including 3 Commanders on our guild were arguing with a bot programmer on our guild. Of how she openly boasted and prided herself for not giving a kitten about what people say about her botting.

I want to share few things that she stated about the reasoning about PvP and Wvw botters. she said that 'oh well...Anet doesn't even care about their players so i don't know why people are 'sticking a broom up their 'kitten' as if Anet owes them something', 'they don't even give a 'kitten' about their game modes except cash shop PvE, laugh..., people are leaving anyways and PvP and WvW are dead game mode because Anet want it this way, so why should people keep crying about their dead game modes', the Guild Leader asked this player, 'can't you go somewhere else to bot instead of here', she replied, 'we keep getting reported by players and the 'game company' won't let us, they are very strict with us

couple of us asked her, who is 'we', she said that she is not the only bot/hack programmer, there are many of them.

so there,

“We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us.”

And of course you will not disclose account name of the person in question, no convo screenshots exist in nature and my uncle also works at ANet.

Yup, sadly it's pretty hard to have an evidence for something that never happened :(

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:so few minutes ago, a couple of our guild players including 3 Commanders on our guild were arguing with a bot programmer on our guild. Of how she openly boasted and prided herself for not giving a kitten about what people say about her botting.

I want to share few things that she stated about the reasoning about PvP and Wvw botters. she said that 'oh well...Anet doesn't even care about their players so i don't know why people are 'sticking a broom up their 'kitten' as if Anet owes them something', 'they don't even give a 'kitten' about their game modes except cash shop PvE, laugh..., people are leaving anyways and PvP and WvW are dead game mode because Anet want it this way, so why should people keep crying about their dead game modes', the Guild Leader asked this player, 'can't you go somewhere else to bot instead of here', she replied, 'we keep getting reported by players and the 'game company' won't let us, they are very strict with us

couple of us asked her, who is 'we', she said that she is not the only bot/hack programmer, there are many of them.

so there,

And of course you will not disclose account name of the person in question, no convo screenshots exist in nature and my uncle also works at ANet.

Yup, sadly it's pretty hard to have an evidence for something that never happened :(

it is quite sad indeed that you are intentionally provoking me knowingingly that it is against forum rules to disclose such

-i ask that you respectfully not communicate with me again-

@Burnfall.9573 said:

so there,

it is quite sad indeed that you are provoking me to violate forum rules

It's interesting to me how you think I'm "provoking you", but the person I've quoted somehow isn't. I don't see how that's logical -or real- at all.

With that said, I'm still patiently waiting for the evidence of your claims, so stop dodging and just post some to easly prove me wrong.

• Confused 1

@Burnfall.9573 said:

so there,

it is quite sad indeed that you are intentionally provoking me knowingingly that it is against forum rules to disclose such

-i ask that you respectfully not communicate with me again-

I'm sorry, reporting obvious terms of service violators is against which rules, exactly? Next thing you'll know reporting people is an offence, by that logic.

• 3 weeks later...