Profession Skills “In PvP only” xDD

Flee.5602

@LetoII.3782 said:

@"ASP.8093" said:in terms of the basic "Can I pick a build and go fight people, and have fun doing it?" It's not bad right now, imo.

Well, one could
always
do that... So long as you avoid certain FoTM builds or don't mind being at a disadvantage.

But from a meta standpoint, I'd really like to see standing in one big clump not be such a dominant playstyle. We've rolled back damage, now some support abilities need the same treatment.

What's funny is that Quickness got WvW/PvP duration nerfed hard, so much so that it's basically just not used in WvW aside from roaming burst builds rocking Sigil of Celerity (and that's fine, imo), but basically no other boon got that treatment.

@ASP.8093 said:

@ASP.8093 said:in terms of the basic "Can I pick a build and go fight people, and have fun doing it?" It's not bad right now, imo.

Well, one could
always
do that... So long as you avoid certain FoTM builds or don't mind being at a disadvantage.

But from a meta standpoint, I'd really like to see standing in one big clump not be such a dominant playstyle. We've rolled back damage, now some support abilities need the same treatment.

What's funny is that Quickness got WvW/PvP duration nerfed hard, so much so that it's basically just not used in WvW aside from roaming burst builds rocking Sigil of Celerity (and that's fine, imo), but basically no other boon got that treatment.

Not to mention un-boons that didn't used to exist like superspeed and rite of the dwarf.

Since my last comment was deleted for being "off topic", let me rephrase.

A balance patch happens and it's new "content" for about 3 days until everyone's bored and angry again. Stop pretending a patch every 4 - 6 weeks will stop any of you from complaining.

Everyone knew this was a Halloween patch.

@LetoII.3782 said:

@"ASP.8093" said:

I wonder if a week of using the fractal instability of ‘Boon Overload’ and one opposite of ‘Stick Together’ would allow people to see the benefits in overall game play when you can’t clump up as much.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractals_of_the_Mists#Mistlock_Instability

Of course, it likely can’t be ported over the WvW without creating so much more lag that leaving spawn kills you.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@"ASP.8093" said:

I wonder if a week of using the fractal instability of ‘Boon Overload’ and one opposite of ‘Stick Together’ would allow people to see the benefits in overall game play when you can’t clump up as much.

Of course, it likely can’t be ported over the WvW without creating so much more lag that leaving spawn kills you.

A good idea, but I can't imagine Anet ever enacting an exclusive meta... Their whole attitude so far having been the opposite.

I think the only realistic change might be to stop actively encouraging stack and spam gameplay, put it on a more equal footing with thinking for yourself and proactive skill use.

Honestly, PvP balance should be different from WvW. Issues are going to be inflated in PvP since most of the time you are going to have to keep in range to a fixed point on the map which means skills are going to land. You can't use that balance in WvW where people just move out of the way. Plus most of the times you will have a far greater fight imbalance in WvW. Balancing WvW using PvP as a metric is questionable at best due to differences in the environment alone.

@Samug.6512 said:Rumor says devs responsible for balance are working on new elite specs, thus the lack of balance patches.

That's not a bad thing. Personally the large cut we received at the beginning of the year was similar to what we saw each time new elites come out, which is also what makes them feel stronger since the new designs aren't vetted until people find all the combos that provide the biggest bang for the buck.

That said since it was stated as bring everything down and then back up where it makes sense, not knowing if there is no back up would be helpful. Regearing to have to just regear can be frustrating and we lose people overtime by doing this.