which ascended food do u use?

Hogwarts Zebra.8597

For zerging somone usually dumps down food and I grab whatever, but ascended when roaming? Hahaha I'd probably go minus on gold every day.

Free WvW canned food is where its at. Usually +30% endurance. If people need the extra bits from high tier food just to roam well I dont hold those people in much regard.

Ascended food isn't really that expensive.

A delicious rice ball costs 16s, but the ascended version costs 45s and lasts twice as long.Likewise, truffle steak costs 10s, and the ascended version costs 42s.

It's literally just kill a bear and get a t6 mat to pay for it. I guess it does cost some to level though, and work as well.

Normally though, I would use the Can of Winter Vegetable stew for +30% endurance regen and only costs 5 badges. You also can't get that on ascended food. If you're espeically tryhard, you can spend 10s for the level 80 version.

-10% ascended Celestial food is good, but I also like the power/precision ascended food too depending on what build it is; you don't always cap crit if you're not playing with a comp and this isn't pve.

For the best memes though, you should drop feast of Mango Salsa for your pugs (+downed health, downed damage) as they'll probably be downed most of the time anyways.

I have 4 characters and all 4 of them I often play either full zerk or on the glassy side. I like high risk/high reward builds and big numbers. My favorite food that I keep in my shared inventory slot so I can use it on all my characters is Bowl of Curry Butternut Squash Soup (+100 Precision, +70 Ferocity). It's cheap and it boosts my Precision so I can afford to slot a piece of Valkyrie or something without overcapping on crit chance when buffed or by staying at minimum of 55%.

My shared inventorykXLSL97.jpg

I do have 2 types of ascended food that I've made, but I don't use them often really. They are; Clove Veggie Flatbread (-20% incoming Condition Damage, +100 Expertise, +70 Condition Damage) and Sesame Veggie Flatbread (Gain health every second, +100 Expertise, +70 Condition Damage). I have 2 condition builds for my Necro, one Scourge and one core, that I sometimes play for small scale/roaming.The Scourge build is using Parasitic Contagion and Tormenting runes so I like the additional regen from the food. It gets pretty significant when all 3 are going. The -20% incoming Condition Damage I usually use on my core build, but it isn't totally necessary. It's just nice to have high condition output while being mostly resistant to it as well.

I use Spherified Cilantro Oyster Soup, 66% Chance to Steal Life on Critical Hit & +45 to All Attributes for everything. I should probably go for damage reduction but this one feels better in actual use and compounds what I'm doing better. Plus it's not very expensive to make so I don't feel pressured to ration it and have to have inconsistent stats and mods by having to eat other peoples spread.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@ArchonWing.9480 said:Normally though, I would use the Can of Winter Vegetable stew for +30% endurance regen and only costs 5 badges.5 whole badges?! What are you, a billionaire throwing those hard earned badges at anything?!?! It doesnt cost anything you know, its free from the skirmish chests.

It's so that people spend it on those and not target painters!

I barely need to use my food because during prime time the zergs are always dropping food but in between those drops i use the +40% endurance 100% chance might on dodge food.If i decide to drop food i usually drop the "meta" zerg power food of -10% incoming damage +100 power +70 Ferocity. Ascended food isnt really expensive as mentioned above since it lasts 1 hour. Guild groups drop it often because it can feed everyone on the map so by that measure its ultra cheap.

• 2 months later...

@"Shroud.2307" said:I have 4 characters and all 4 of them I often play either full zerk or on the glassy side. I like high risk/high reward builds and big numbers. My favorite food that I keep in my shared inventory slot so I can use it on all my characters is Bowl of Curry Butternut Squash Soup (+100 Precision, +70 Ferocity). It's cheap and it boosts my Precision so I can afford to slot a piece of Valkyrie or something without overcapping on crit chance when buffed or by staying at minimum of 55%.

My shared inventorykXLSL97.jpg

I do have 2 types of ascended food that I've made, but I don't use them often really. They are; Clove Veggie Flatbread (-20% incoming Condition Damage, +100 Expertise, +70 Condition Damage) and Sesame Veggie Flatbread (Gain health every second, +100 Expertise, +70 Condition Damage). I have 2 condition builds for my Necro, one Scourge and one core, that I sometimes play for small scale/roaming.The Scourge build is using Parasitic Contagion and Tormenting runes so I like the additional regen from the food. It gets pretty significant when all 3 are going. The -20% incoming Condition Damage I usually use on my core build, but it isn't totally necessary. It's just nice to have high condition output while being mostly resistant to it as well.

We only have minus Condition Duration food, not minus Condi Damage. I believe that is a typo.

For WvW, I feel that less 10% Damage is the optimal bonus for all food types be it for power, condi or celestial build. But only if there is a Condi Damage reduction bonus then i think that can could be the optimal choice for WvW too. But for just -20% condi duration? Not good enough.

Less Condi duration food doesn't make any sense to me. People can stack like 20s of condis on you, and you'll be dead anyways unless you cleanse. I guess it can help vs soft CC if you also have traits that reduce duration.

There acutally is - condi damage food, but it's only 5% and exotic: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bowl_of_Curry_Mussel_Soup

Negative Duration food isn't super good by itself. The main thing it helps with are those short bursts of temporary conditions, such as weakness, chill, immobilize, fear, vulnerability, and so on. A lot of people don't know this, but there are tons of conditions out there that only have 1 or 2 second durations, so the negative duration food will have an impact almost immediately.

You can stack negative condition duration, sometimes to be quite high. For example, a Mirage with Renewing Oasis (-20%), Lemongrass Soup, (-20%), and Resistance Runes (-25%) can get a total of -65% condition duration. Cutting away almost 2/3rds of condition duration is quite substantial. All of those short bursts and nuisance condis will fall right off. This is... a trick that's only available to 3 classes at the moment (Ele, Mesmer, Ranger), but it is still worth considering.

Incidentally, Mesmer also has a negative stun duration on the Signet of Humility. A mirage with that signet, melandru runes, and a Bowl of Roasted Lotus Root could get themselves to -80% stun duration. I wonder if anyone has ever tried that.

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:Negative Duration food isn't super good by itself. The main thing it helps with are those short bursts of temporary conditions, such as weakness, chill, immobilize, fear, vulnerability, and so on. A lot of people don't know this, but there are tons of conditions out there that only have 1 or 2 second durations, so the negative duration food will have an impact almost immediately.

You can stack negative condition duration, sometimes to be quite high. For example, a Mirage with Renewing Oasis (-20%), Lemongrass Soup, (-20%), and Resistance Runes (-25%) can get a total of -65% condition duration. Cutting away almost 2/3rds of condition duration is quite substantial. All of those short bursts and nuisance condis will fall right off. This is... a trick that's only available to 3 classes at the moment (Ele, Mesmer, Ranger), but it is still worth considering.

Incidentally, Mesmer also has a negative stun duration on the Signet of Humility. A mirage with that signet, melandru runes, and a Bowl of Roasted Lotus Root could get themselves to -80% stun duration. I wonder if anyone has ever tried that.

% doesnt stack additively. It stacks multiplicatively. So 20%, 20%, 25% is (80%80%75%=48% final duration) ends up as a 52% reduction in condition duration.

The most common to useDPS: Peppercorn Sous Vide Steak (-10% damage, 100 power , 70 ferocity)Support: Fruit Salad with Mint Garnish (+10% outgoing healing, 100 healing power, 70 concentration)

Some people start experimenting with other food like Fruit Salad Peppercorn for support warrior but generally those 2 is good enough for general use.

@Spartacus.3192 said:

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:Negative Duration food isn't super good by itself. The main thing it helps with are those short bursts of temporary conditions, such as weakness, chill, immobilize, fear, vulnerability, and so on. A lot of people don't know this, but there are tons of conditions out there that only have 1 or 2 second durations, so the negative duration food will have an impact almost immediately.

% doesnt stack additively. It stacks multiplicatively. So 20%, 20%, 25% is (80%
80%
75%=48% final duration) ends up as a 52% reduction in condition duration.

You know, this is something I wonder about. I can't find listed on the wiki how negative duration bonuses work. I assume they worked additively because that is how positive duration bonuses work for condition duration, but if you have a source on this let us know.

@RangerThings.9810 said:The roaming food I want is fall damage reduction. Being able to use cliffs to avoid impossible outnumbered situations was clutch.

Part of the reason this was removed from the game was not every profession has access. This would solve that.

I would take no other stat on the food for this functionality.

This would not be that useful with the whole gliding thing. I guess there would be some instances were it could save you though.