Assistance requested for dealing with eternal ice shards

I have several thousand eternal ice shards. I would like to use them, but I'm not sure where to start. I know there are three weapon collections that require them, and that we can use them for eitrite ingots used for generic bags (which I don't need). NOTE: I've searched for and read other threads on the subject. This isn't a complaint; it's a how-to set of questions.

So, the question is:

How do I start the weapon collections?

In other words, are there any things I have to do to "unlock" the ability to complete them? Or, are there things to do (like events, masteries, and metas) that are needed, or just useful, for other components of these weapons?

Regarding other uses, I know about converting them to other map currencies (which I also don't need). Those can be converted to volatile magic (VM). I don't really need that, but there are a few minis I could still pick up. And, I know I can convert that to money and/or karma.

So the second question is:

Are there any other uses besides the weapon collections, bags (via ingots), and VM?

You can start by going to Anette Eymundrdottir, the karma merchant found at Jora's Keep. Buy all the Ancient Boreal Weapons from her. That unlocks the Restored Boreal Weapons recipes you can also buy from her. Craft those weapons, they are then used to craft Illuminated Boreal weapons... buy those recipes from Humble Stone at Spirits' Refuge. Then craft the Illuminated Boreal weapons.

Aside from getting the required eitrite ingots and pricey amalgamated draconic lodestones, nothing special is involved.

You say you don't need the other map currencies, but my dump for eternal ice shards is buying kralkatite ore for crafting the Astral/Stellar weapons. The weapon sets from Bjora Marches have collections attached to them, but the Astral/Stellar weapon sets from Istan really only give you the resulting weapon/skin; if you don't care for them, there's less impetus to make them. But the enormous amounts of kralkatite ore needed ensures you won't have ice shard stacks for a long, long time if you go that route.

I'm not aware of any other uses...

@"Udolpho.1209" said:You can start by going to Anette Eymundrdottir, the karma merchant found at Jora's Keep. Buy all the Ancient Boreal Weapons from her. That unlocks the Restored Boreal Weapons recipes you can also buy from her. Craft those weapons, they are then used to craft Illuminated Boreal weapons... buy those recipes from Humble Stone at Spirits' Refuge. Then craft the Illuminated Boreal weapons.

Aside from getting the required eitrite ingots and pricey amalgamated draconic lodestones, nothing special is involved.

You say you don't need the other map currencies, but my dump for eternal ice shards is buying kralkatite ore for crafting the Astral/Stellar weapons. The weapon sets from Bjora Marches have collections attached to them, but the Astral/Stellar weapon sets from Istan really only give you the resulting weapon/skin; if you don't care for them, there's less impetus to make them. But the enormous amounts of kralkatite ore needed ensures you won't have ice shard stacks for a long, long time if you go that route.

I'm not aware of any other uses...

You can buy amulets if you find all the shrines of jormag in bjora marches and salvage those for the https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Salvaged_Excellence

@"Daddicus.6128" said:Are there any other uses besides the weapon collections, bags (via ingots), and VM?

shift+left click the item to link that item to the chat (in this case it would be "[eternal ice shards]"), after that you type in "/wiki " in front of it to create a "/wiki [eternal ice shards]" command. Pressing enter sends you to the wiki page of that item in your browser where usually you can check what it's being used for:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Eternal_Ice_Shard#Used_inhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Eternal_Ice_Shard#Vendors

You can also type it manually without the brackets "/wiki eternal ice shards", which usually is more convenient for items with short names.

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...