Does Greater Call of Mists do anything?

Having 1000% Magic Find would literally double your chances at rare drops, which in an MMO is huge. Many veterans run around with 300-400 MF base which is a 30-40% increase in the rate of rare drops and is big advantage over a new player.

If you've ever played an alt account and sobbed at your inventory of only blues you'd understand.

• 2 weeks later...

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Hannelore.8153 said:Having 1000% Magic Find would literally double your chances at rare drops, which in an MMO is huge.Considering the stupidly low drop rates of some items (like the invisible shoe box), doubling said stupidly low drop rate still amounts to almost 0.

Well said.Think I care if I'm getting more rares than masterworks? Who cares if I got 1 or 2 more rares than usual. It's just 10 to 20s more.Thats hardly worth talking about for a big time event.

I'd rather have MORE DROPS than broken magic find.MORE DROPS to me is better than gambling magic find.I feel MORE LUCKY with MORE DROPS MORE LOOT.

I'm after the truly unique items. I don't want to trust it with broken magic find. Give me more drops. More reward track progress.

@kharmin.7683 said:More drops would mean more junk that is salvaged or sold which would dramatically impact the in-game economy. Be careful what you wish for.

This is PvP. This isn't PvE/WvW something everybody farms.PvP could use more playerbase.

If you worried about bots....Well they need to eliminate them, can't be worried about bots,and on the flip side, make it unfun for those legit players.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

@kharmin.7683 said:More drops would mean more junk that is salvaged or sold which would dramatically impact the in-game economy. Be careful what you wish for.

This is PvP. This isn't PvE/WvW something everybody farms.PvP could use more playerbase.

If you worried about bots....Well they need to eliminate them, can't be worried about bots,and on the flip side, make it unfun for those legit players.

And PvP uses a different BLTC than PvE? While I agree that PvP could use more population, I'm not sure that increasing drops would be the right way to do that.

@kharmin.7683 said:

And PvP uses a different BLTC than PvE? While I agree that PvP could use more population, I'm not sure that increasing drops would be the right way to do that.

Oh it is.Should make hotjoins just as good as an option as ranked too.

If hotjoins gave same rewards as ranked.... People wouldn't be playing ranked. They only play it because the rewards.

They made rank because they want everyone #esports minded..... Forcing people into #esports, doesn't make #esports better. You lose casuals thats what happens.

People know a good deal and a bad deal. This PvP buff, all it tells people is "time to open bags, and do it in HotM"People aint gonna play as much as compared toEXTRA DROPS in PvP going on right now!!!Every game EQUALS free EXTRA DROP.... AND IT COULD CONTAIN ASCENDED STUFF!!!!

Come and PvP it up!!!

THAT WOULD BRING IN PEOPLE

...200% more magic find, 15% reward track, hardly noticeable stuff, sure maybe after 6 games you notice it.... BUT WHOSE GOT TIME for 6 games... Probably still get nothing but junk. I got better stuff to do then gambling on junk with 200% magic find.

People want NOTICABLE stuff.EXTRA DROP is NOTICABLE, 200% magic find, NOT NOTICABLE. Some people still question if its even big.Rather do meta events GET MASSIVE AMOUNTS of drops and yep uniques and rares.Rather do FRACTALS were I usually get an exotic or two in same amount of time as 6 pvp games. Where I don't even get an exotic 95% of the time.

Does magic find have a use? Yes. It makes you get generally better drops overall. That will be most noticeable with things like unidentified gear and such, you'll generally get higher rarities. Will generally get more things like unidentified gear instead of vendor junk items, etc.Helps a lot in the long run.If you're expecting to get a precursor every day, then no, that probably isn't happening. Those items hold value for a reason. If they were made that much more common by simply stacking MF, they'd be near worthless.I have found 3 precursors over time after being near or capped on the 300% from luck though, if that's worth anything.

For specifically PvP though? Only affects bags that say they are affected.

@Ototo.3214 said:Does magic find have a use? Yes. It makes you get generally better drops overall. That will be most noticeable with things like unidentified gear and such, you'll generally get higher rarities. Will generally get more things like unidentified gear instead of vendor junk items, etc.Helps a lot in the long run.If you're expecting to get a precursor every day, then no, that probably isn't happening. Those items hold value for a reason. If they were made that much more common by simply stacking MF, they'd be near worthless.I have found 3 precursors over time after being near or capped on the 300% from luck though, if that's worth anything.

For specifically PvP though? Only affects bags that say they are affected.

Problem with PvP is you don't get much loot.

600% mf on 4 items an hour (it only works on the PvP containers), yeah not anything to talk about.

Meanwhile PvE, 300 items an hour? Sure good chance get something nice eventually, its 300 items.

PvPhrmmm worthless hour, nothing but crap, 14 items an hour and all crap.... Its 600% magic find and 14 CRAP items? Super pissed off

PvEhrmmm got a ton of crap, but at least it was a ton, dont feel so bad... Its 400% (no 200% buff), 300 CRAP items? Ah just unlucky, better luck next time.