Show off your characters from when you started to Now. Let's see that growth

Hot Boy.7138

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there was a similar thread at some point, a long time ago. I've been googling to try to find it so people can see all the nifty screen shots in it, there were some good ones. In that thread, the idea was to take your current character and get them in the same location and pose as an early shot of them to show how they've changed. If I can find it I'll link it.

Guild Wars 2 was the most hyped I've ever been for a game. Started playing in open beta. I took pictures that day and everything XDSo here's my beta picture, and after leveling those first few months :)Or not. I can't figure out how to post a picture. I used imgur and posted the link in the image area, but nothing happened.

@"Zionna.4690" said:Guild Wars 2 was the most hyped I've ever been for a game. Started playing in open beta. I took pictures that day and everything XDSo here's my beta picture, and after leveling those first few months :)Or not. I can't figure out how to post a picture. I used imgur and posted the link in the image area, but nothing happened.

This post may help! :)

@"Zionna.4690" said:Guild Wars 2 was the most hyped I've ever been for a game. Started playing in open beta. I took pictures that day and everything XDSo here's my beta picture, and after leveling those first few months :)Or not. I can't figure out how to post a picture. I used imgur and posted the link in the image area, but nothing happened.

I used to have the same problem. Make sure you add ".jpg" at the end of the image link :)

@"Zionna.4690" said:Trying again

If you tried in this post then you didn't include the image link.

You need to copy the Direct Link from Imgur, then click the Image button above the reply window and post the code in there. You should see a code appear in your post which looks something like this:![](https://i.imgur.com /qGzQrIpl.jpg "")

You can also use the preview button at the bottom of the page to make sure it's showing up correctly before posting.

I really don't have much of a history, since I've only been playing this game for a couple of months. So I guess what I can do is just show my rather short list of "keepers" (I've tried all classes except guardian and engineer), and my inspirations behind them.

XrfX84B.pngMy first character that stuck, a warhorn/mace/greatsword warrior. I'm a warrior guy, and it's nice to see warriors that don't just "You point, I punch!" for once.

Qzpakj3.pngThis is my second character. Other than wielding an axe instead of a mace, he's an exact copy of my other warrior. The name "Good ol' Charlie Brown" was inspired by this comic (I'm a weirdo, I know.....):

! pHti150.png! I8NaWNx.png! 8QhzW7K.png! daflEov.png! KXBqoWV.png! OKi8VXj.png

bQILkI3.pngThis is my current character, a healing/support revenant. My all-time favorite DPS class has been, and probably always will be, . . . . . not even a DPS class at all. It was the healer monks in World of Warcraft, when the Mists of Pandaria expansion first came out, and the rev healer plays almost exactly like it, healing orbs, a healing totem (that you can move, unlike WoW), and best of all, you can melee-heal (I hate ranged/casting)! So, it looks like I'll be playing this guy a while. Oh, and the name Linus came from:

AUhX5dV.jpg

@Batel.9206 said:

may help! :)

Wow. I'm famous!

Unfortunately I do not have my old screenshots anymore.Over the years i've had a number of issues that have cost me old screens etc

First there was a Virus that forced me to wipe my HDD.Then I upgraded my HDD and OS to Windows 7 and wiped the old HDD to slave it.Then that new HDD died and I had to replace it.Then the replacement HDD died a year later and had to be replaced as well.. then the original slave HDD died and I didn't replace it.Then I bought a whole new PC with windows 10 and slaved my last HDD to that again another wipe.Then a windows 10 update completely screwed my PC up and forced me to reset it back to factory >.< another wipe.Then a few months later another!!! windows 10 update screwed my PC up and forced yet another factory reset.. god I hate windows 10.And now my PC is in it's current state and has been working perfectly fine for about a year and a half.

So yeah.. since Gw2 has been out i've had a bad virus and a good few HDD's die on me costing me my oldest screenshots and of course.. Windows 10, oh how I hate thee!!! also costing me a bunch from a few years back as well lolAlways back up the important things kids XD

@Danikat.8537 said:@Randulf.7614 - Your necro made me curious about whether it would be possible to make a completely black character, so I tried and I think it came out pretty well:

Do you have shaders on high setting? The top one looks like it might be high and if you dialled that setting down it might go fully black

The second one pulls it off though.

My original idea was to be fully black, but when I got the Greatsword, Shadow Red closely matched it, so I went with it for highlights

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:@Randulf.7614 - Your necro made me curious about whether it would be possible to make a completely black character, so I tried and I think it came out pretty well:

Do you have shaders on high setting? The top one looks like it might be high and if you dialled that setting down it might go fully black

The second one pulls it off though.

My original idea was to be fully black, but when I got the Greatsword, Shadow Red closely matched it, so I went with it for highlights

I can't remember what my settings are, but I probably do have shaders on high. I don't really want to change my settings to fit the character, but maybe I'll try it for a few screenshots.

The second one is taken in the dark room of Sharkmaw Caverns in Lion's Arch, which oddly enough is a good place to get a whole variety of different light levels (although for really bright you have to be quick because it only lights up for a second), it's just a bit of a pain to get to.

This should be fun!This is where it all started, back on 25th of august 2012

7A9mlpV.jpg

Lvl 20 or so0SyGqQ3.jpg

Near max level running the pirate outfit.y03P0Lo.jpg

Order of whispers was the next change.5B9cI5U.jpg

Aetherblade armor, so fond of it still and kept it on for 4 years, some people might reconise it from my years of doing teq daily at night.2cvSLMs.jpg

For the current look that i have now, also quite unique, without the shiny legendarys.oS9elwe.jpgWith the shinies.N8LLA1z.jpg

In between she had a couple of makeover kits to tweak her face settings to make it look just right where it is now.