ReShade?

Kirin.7306

Yes it is, but maybe give GW2hook a try, it's sort of a beefed up version of reshade. Woodenpotatoes made videos on both:

WPs take on GW2hook, definitely take a look if you want to beef up your graphics and the visual quality of the game. I'm personally running GW2hook atm and it looks great.

Absolutely safe to use and many have been using it for many years.

Note that installing it to the GW2 executable would also need you to then manually move the files into the proper "bin' folder.

So you add/install ReShade to the GW2 executable in the top directory to associate it with that game executable, then move the installed files into the appropriate bin folder - 'bin' if using 32-bit client, 'bin64' if using the 64-bit client (which is most likely).

...\Guild Wars 2\d3d9.dll...\Guild Wars 2\ReShade.fxMoved to:...\Guild Wars 2\bin64\d3d9.dll...\Guild Wars 2\bin64\ReShade.fx

The newer '3.0' ReShade or whatever they developed may not need this to be done if it functions different from old versions and auto-places the files into a bin folder if it exists, but if using a previous release (like 1.1 with Mediator) then it would be required.

! > @"Cyninja.2954" said:! > Yes it is, but maybe give GW2hook a try, it's sort of a beefed up version of reshade. Woodenpotatoes made videos on both:! >! >

! >! > WPs take on GW2hook, definitely take a look if you want to beef up your graphics and the visual quality of the game. I'm personally running GW2hook atm and it looks great.

May look to give this version a try soon.

Really glad to see the 1.1.0 release notes showing the fog removal is no longer questionable in regards to the ToS. That was my first concern as I was watching that video - glad to see that I can try it out now without worry.

Release 1.1.0

• Modified with the help of Chris Cleary to be TOS compliant.
  • Changed folder structures, files are now stored in [GuildWars 2]/addons/Gw2Hook/
  • Fog distance is locked to 1 when entering a competitive map.
  • Fog distance can now be changed in real-time.
  • Added Auto preset selection option, that allow to use specific preset in specific map or region.
  • Removed the lightmap hook for now, will be added back when it will be useful.
  • Fixed a bug that affected performance in some instances.

• 2 years later...

As it seems this post is found to gather information.

No third party app is ever approved and ok to be used. This is not something Arenanet can do nor any other player. You agreed with the Terms of Service (user agreement) when you started playing and promised to not breach it. It is of no relevance if you breach it with a third party app or just on your own. It is your business to make sure you comply.

So you always use it on your own discretion and risk. I would personally say it should not be an issue, but I never thought about the fog in competitive maps to be an issue. I am glad this got sorted out, but it is a great example why you should wonder for yourself if what you do with a third party app is ok.