Please stop asking LI for strike missions

@"Dark Red Killian.3946" said:Excuse me for saying, but Strike Missions are meant to be a bridge to Raids. Requiring LI for a game mode that was meant to introduce less experienced players to step into raids just seems ridiculous. Not to mention LI’s are obtainable only through raids. In my opinion, if you want your squad to have LI, go do raids and leave people in strikes alone. Just my two cents.

Why do they have to leave the content alone playing their way? Why do they have to change the way they play or who they like to play with? How about you leave them alone to enjoy the game how they want to with the people they like to enjoy it with.

"You don't / shouldn't need LI because the content is easy enough / LI are from raids". And? People are free to set whatever requirements they want for their group and are free to enjoy the game however they see fit. Regardless of what the requirement is.

People who ask for LI aren't bothering anyone besides those who feel they belong in those groups.

What's so hard about making your own group to play how you want? If any part the answer is ever that you may not complete the content or things may be too hard for you and that's the reason for this complaint then you aren't complaining about the group's with LI blocking/bothering you..you're complaining about not being carried.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@"Dark Red Killian.3946" said:Excuse me for saying, but Strike Missions are meant to be a bridge to Raids. Requiring LI for a game mode that was meant to introduce less experienced players to step into raids just seems ridiculous. Not to mention LI’s are obtainable only through raids. In my opinion, if you want your squad to have LI, go do raids and leave people in strikes alone. Just my two cents.

Why do they have to leave the content alone playing their way? Why do they have to change the way they play or who they like to play with? How about you leave them alone to enjoy the game how they want to with the people they like to enjoy it with.

"You don't / shouldn't need LI because the content is easy enough / LI are from raids". And? People are free to set whatever requirements they want for their group and are free to enjoy the game however they see fit. Regardless of what the requirement is.

People who ask for LI aren't bothering anyone besides those who feel they belong in those groups.

What's so hard about making your own group to play how you want? If any part the answer is ever that you may not complete the content or things may be too hard for you and that's the reason for this complaint then you aren't complaining about the group's with LI blocking/bothering you..you're complaining about not being carried.

I’ve played strikes long enough that I know each one inside out. I’ve gotten all of the runic armor sets of each weight too. I have only ever done raids a couple of times. So if I’m looking for a group in strikes, I would be penelized for not having a currency that is not even for that game mode. I can see this being a potential problem. However, not sure why this is an issue for the author as I hardly ever see groups in lfg requiring this for strikes.

@Krzysztof.5973 said:

I pug strikes every day and I've literally never seen an lfg requesting LI. On NA if that helps.

Is this a really such a widespread issue on eu?

It's worldwise-spread issue to be annoyed by other people's LFG requirements instead of making your own.

One of truest statements you'll find on any forum where something like this comes up

@Starbreaker.6507 said:

I pug strikes every day and I've literally never seen an lfg requesting LI. On NA if that helps.

It's worldwise-spread issue to be annoyed by other people's LFG requirements instead of making your own.

One of truest statements you'll find on any forum where something like this comes up

And along with it you'll find the most ignored statement - not everyone has the knowledge to lead a squad. (FS is fine because anything will do, but the rest all require a specific squad make-up)

@Nazarick.9653 said:

And along with it you'll find the most ignored statement - not everyone has the knowledge to lead a squad. (FS is fine because anything will do, but the rest all require a specific squad make-up)

You don’t need knowledge to lead a squad. At least not when it comes to strikes.

• 2 weeks later...

@Nazarick.9653 said:

And people don't own you anything to lead other people in a way they don't like.

@Nazarick.9653 said:

So ppl who has knowledge to lead a squad, needs to lead a squad for players that they dont want to play with?

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

So ppl who has knowledge to lead a squad, needs to lead a squad for players that they dont want to play with?The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

The same way you should not be forced to ever have to play with people you don't want to play with, the very idea that someone else might be required to let you join their group even if they'd rather not play with you is equally abhorrent.

i think you got confused, group that ask LI are not training run and thus not a group you should get into if you are planning on reaching raid by doing strike, LI group are reward group.should people stop doing their daily/weekly reward when being able to raid? i don't think soshould people be forced to play with people that are clueless on how to play their class/role when they took the time to learn and improve themselves? once again i don't think soand in my opinion strike aren't teaching you anything about raid. Unfortunally people that have no clue how to dps/heal/give boon will remain clueless after killing all bosses. So it is even more harmful for beginer to get in groups that are routinely killing the strike as they will just find it easy and think they did great instead of having them struggle and learn what they should improve.

and for people that seems to think there is no strike kp:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Boneskinner_Ritual_Vial

From doing strikes on EU for the past couple of weeks, I have seen the following

1: Never more than one group at a time asking for LI, it often sits unfilled for a significant period of time2: Plenty of other groups filling without asking for LI3: People want to do Shiverpeaks, Fraenir and Kodan way more than other strike missions. Cold War seems quite unpopular in particular.

I did spend a good amount of time in one group where we couldn't beat Whisper Of Jormag, I can see why people would want to avoid that if they have a limited amount of time but it seems more important to have class spread right in the trickier ones and it's way more common for people to demand class types rather than LI.

@Bingus.4236 said:From doing strikes on EU for the past couple of weeks, I have seen the following

1: Never more than one group at a time asking for LI, it often sits unfilled for a significant period of time2: Plenty of other groups filling without asking for LI3: People want to do Shiverpeaks, Fraenir and Kodan way more than other strike missions. Cold War seems quite unpopular in particular.

I did spend a good amount of time in one group where we couldn't beat Whisper Of Jormag, I can see why people would want to avoid that if they have a limited amount of time but it seems more important to have class spread right in the trickier ones and it's way more common for people to demand class types rather than LI.

Why cold war is less popular is its not straight to boss like the other ones its a 10 min pre event.

@"Fangoth.4503" said:i think you got confused, group that ask LI are not training run and thus not a group you should get into if you are planning on reaching raid by doing strike, LI group are reward group.should people stop doing their daily/weekly reward when being able to raid? i don't think soshould people be forced to play with people that are clueless on how to play their class/role when they took the time to learn and improve themselves? once again i don't think soand in my opinion strike aren't teaching you anything about raid. Unfortunally people that have no clue how to dps/heal/give boon will remain clueless after killing all bosses. So it is even more harmful for beginer to get in groups that are routinely killing the strike as they will just find it easy and think they did great instead of having them struggle and learn what they should improve.

and for people that seems to think there is no strike kp:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Boneskinner_Ritual_Vial

But why would you ask for kp when this is a prep for raids?!

And the only boss who have kp is Boneskinner and you could added Cold War Achievement Morale Breakerhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Strike_Mission:_Cold_War

And those are the only ones in which u can ask for something.

I have PUG strikes daily, and rarely you see peopleasking for kp/LI on NA.