What do you want for third expansion? - [Merged]

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WvW

• New; maps, mechanics, gameplay, siege; scoring, player statistics, bounties, player bounties
  • More; goals, tie-ins to other game modes, weekly objectives, map objectives
  • Better; rewards, goals, collections, upgrades
  • Unique; rewards, items, collections

Professions

• New; Elites, and/or new classes
  • Better; more build diversity, better build synergy as was released in HoT's balancing, more build options
  • Less; just auto-attacking

Guilds

• New; missions, halls, upgrades, items, crafting, rewards
  • Better; objectives, guild oriented goals, pre-existing missions

PvP

• New; game modes, more build diversity

Races

• New; Tengu, Kodan, new ones

PvE

• New; fractals, legendary journeys, dungeons, metas, collections, goals, events
  • Better; recurring festivals and changes to festivals
  • Less; raids, strikes

@TheGrimm.5624 said:WvW

• New; maps, mechanics, gameplay, siege; scoring, player statistics, bounties, player bounties
  • More; goals, tie-ins to other game modes, weekly objectives, map objectives
  • Better; rewards, goals, collections, upgrades
  • Unique; rewards, items, collections

Professions

• New; Elites, and/or new classes
  • Better; more build diversity, better build synergy as was released in HoT's balancing, more build options
  • Less; just auto-attacking

Guilds

• New; missions, halls, upgrades, items, crafting, rewards
  • Better; objectives, guild oriented goals, pre-existing missions

PvP

• New; game modes, more build diversity

Races

• New; Tengu, Kodan, new ones

PvE

• New; fractals, legendary journeys, dungeons, metas, collections, goals, events
  • Better; recurring festivals and changes to festivals
  • Less; raids, strikes

How can we have less raids then now?

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

• Less; raids, strikes

Wasn't trying to offend raiders, but I think that game mode isn't taking off as expected, so would prefer those PvE resources repurposed elsewhere. IMO.

Cough not offended at all just curious what resources you see being diverted to raids as of this moment, since there dont seem to be any.

@Linken.6345 said:

• Less; raids, strikes

Wasn't trying to offend raiders, but I think that game mode isn't taking off as expected, so would prefer those PvE resources repurposed elsewhere. IMO.

Cough not offended at all just curious what resources you see being diverted to raids as of this moment, since there dont seem to be any.

Sorry, really wasn't trying to. And bear in mind, these are assumptions. I could see raid resources being shared for raids, fractals, dungeons (closed out), new maps (expansions/LW/fractals/WvW), and AI engineering (most things non-pvp). I am assuming most resources are currently going to expansion, and assuming expansion will be targeting all game modes. But again, lots of assumptions here.

Be nice to have an OSRS Wilderness zone (Open World PvP in PvE), with Diablo2 style and OSRS style PvP system.

You die you lose all your inventory items that are droppable. Problem is they need to make a system where you pick 1 thing up at a time. And they need to show the loot on the ground. So you have a stack of food? Well someone else stack of food now.

Good ol days of Diablo2.OH SNAP LOOK VERY UNIQUE ARMOR PIECE DROPPED!Who got it!?!?!?! What is it !?!?!?!? Trade!?!?!??! WUG (What you got)!?!?!?

Good ol days of Diablo2BOOM he died, wow 400000 gold just dropped. Thanks man. Thanks for the Full rejuvenation potions too.

OSRSYou about to die, everyone rushes at you, not to help.... But so they can loot you.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:Be nice to have an OSRS Wilderness zone (Open World PvP in PvE), with Diablo2 style and OSRS style PvP system.

You die you lose all your inventory items that are droppable. Problem is they need to make a system where you pick 1 thing up at a time. And they need to show the loot on the ground. So you have a stack of food? Well someone else stack of food now.

Good ol days of Diablo2.OH SNAP LOOK VERY UNIQUE ARMOR PIECE DROPPED!Who got it!?!?!?! What is it !?!?!?!? Trade!?!?!??! WUG (What you got)!?!?!?

Good ol days of Diablo2BOOM he died, wow 400000 gold just dropped. Thanks man. Thanks for the Full rejuvenation potions too.

OSRSYou about to die, everyone rushes at you, not to help.... But so they can loot you.

Sure it's nice in Diablo 2 ... so go enjoy it in Diablo 2. This insistence that some future iteration of GW has OW PVP is strange ... even if it did get it, what gives you the idea that Anet would just do all the things about OW PVP you love into one GW package? That's HIGHLY unlikely you must realize. There are lots of games that do OW PVP in many different ways ... and from what I see Anet doing in GW and GW2 to develop these games ... they don't follow what is trendy or what works for other games. They do what THEY want. So if anything, it's UNLIKELY that the things you like from other OW PVP games would be introduced into GW franchise.

As a long time player, introducing open world PvP would do little to make me want to buy the new expansion. This is because I find it to be a generic idea that is already used in many games now. I could easily just play a different game if I want to experience open world PvP.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:Be nice to have an OSRS Wilderness zone (Open World PvP in PvE), with Diablo2 style and OSRS style PvP system.

This is probably the worst thing to do in an MMORPG. Good thing nobody I know ever played PVP in Diablo 2, that wasn't what made it popular. The last mmorpg I remember doing something like that was Darkfall. You died, you dropped everything you had equipped, plus the game had full friendly fire, so throwing a fireball on a mob (or enemy player) while your friends where in melee range of it, would kill your friends as well as the enemy. What was the result? Everyone was moving around naked with just a token weapon and nobody bothered to make and use any of the higher quality items. Yay everyone playing with White gear if something useless like that is added to Guild Wars 2.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

@cyberzombie.7348 said:Such an idea would be better suited under a new game or ip imo.

Why, its already great in this game. Be nice if they had some spots designed specifically for racing.

Not just add racing to the zone, but a zone that is designed for racing would be nice.

Not everything about the new expansion should be racing, but 1 zone specifically for racing, is that too much to ask for?

Its a decent platform, but as a 2012 mmorpg the main demographic are not going to care about races for long. Maybe for a year at most If they have some award baked into it. Under a new game/ip it would actually target the demographic that want to race and grant a lot more freedom and potential to expand on the idea.

-The possibility of offline races so you're not always bound to ping and online server listings to find or organize racing events.-Instead of having 1 zone, they'd have the freedom to utilize the entire continent of Tyria, and optimize it for racing.-UI redesign and graphic/physics engine optimization to better suit racing.-More mechanics for the mounts and their abilities, maybe even for the riders as well to create more variables within races.

P.s. While I'm aware Anet developing a racing ip while being with ncsoft is a pipedream and far more feasible to do just one zone. I just have a feeling it will end up like Grothmar Valley, booming at first but now rarely visited despite its vast content.

I would like to see at least one more map than we had in PoF.Maybe we will also get to see what the harvest temple looks like now if its still around.But above all I want to be able to give Kappa some cucumbers for a heart quest or something (If they are still around as well).