GW2 Halloween 2020

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Super Hayes.6890 said:Okay, I get that some of you are disappointed that there isn't more new content. I always enjoy getting new stuff too. I just have to say, I love the two clips that hold the new cape on. Two tiny little Mad Moons to match my shield! I love it!!

Is the outline color agony piece, is that new?

How come it doesn't give me color outline in PvP? It only works in PvE, how do I turn it on in PvP?

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

@Super Hayes.6890 said:Okay, I get that some of you are disappointed that there isn't more new content. I always enjoy getting new stuff too. I just have to say, I love the two clips that hold the new cape on. Two tiny little Mad Moons to match my shield! I love it!!

How come it doesn't give me color outline in PvP? It only works in PvE, how do I turn it on in PvP?

The three outline infusions have been added three years ago I think. And Infusions are disabled in PvP areas I believe.

@lokh.2695 said:

The three outline infusions have been added three years ago I think. And Infusions are disabled in PvP areas I believe.

Is it disabled in PvP by default? How can I enable it?

i want this Mini Gwynefyrdd but 502 gold :S not enough gold for it, bad for me. it should be in normal trick or treath bags to, because the chance is already so very low.but whatever, i am here for the cape and when i get it i move back to hearthstone and call of duty. if i don't get ember infusion i see no other reason to play more right now.i just finished xiuquatl few weeks ago so all my goals are reached. next thing i want is permanent hairstyle kit, or this mini. but it is a lot of work to get that many gold and far from relaxing. i only do my daily tasks and then i move on. i am a casual gamer.

What confuses me is that my other MMO's halloween event is literally just their version of ToT bags dropping from bosses, an XP boost and achievements for collecting items which drop from ToT bags, and everyone seems fine with that. Even though it's been the same every year and the most they do is add some new drops to the bags.

It seems like GW2 players have much higher expectations for festivals.

@Danikat.8537 said:What confuses me is that my other MMO's halloween event is literally just their version of ToT bags dropping from bosses, an XP boost and achievements for collecting items which drop from ToT bags, and everyone seems fine with that. Even though it's been the same every year and the most they do is add some new drops to the bags.

GW and GW2 have always gone all out on festivals, at least for the first few years after they were created, compared to other games. Players here are spoiled.

@Gryphon.2875 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:What confuses me is that my other MMO's halloween event is literally just their version of ToT bags dropping from bosses, an XP boost and achievements for collecting items which drop from ToT bags, and everyone seems fine with that. Even though it's been the same every year and the most they do is add some new drops to the bags.

GW and GW2 have always gone all out on festivals, at least for the first few years after they were created, compared to other games. Players here are spoiled.

In terms of content I agree. I remember being amazed at GW1’s Halloween festival and it felt like many others started realising what they were into with big festivals after that.

GW2 version didn’t disappoint when it launched either. It set a high bar from the get go

As an Ultimate Edition GW2 customer I feel very disappointed in the grind involved into farming candy corn cobs to unlock halloween's content, the pricest thing I have seen sold by festival's merchants is a mini worth 2550 gems of candies, that is disgraceful and unfair on players who already paid their toll to play this game, please address this issue and stop introducing massively overpriced items. Many people, including those who can play 24 hours a day don't have the time and the energy to farm all the required candies to unlock half of the content offered by this festival, it's unfair and wrong to require players to lock themselves in intensive farming just to buy something festival related. Festivals are meant to be full of affordable items and a good fun, not a segregated elite ground for insane gameplay, I can name the clocktower requiring insane skills in climbing up to the top just to get a cheap chest with rubbish in it mixed with something valuable. I have spent enough money for this game to make it worth it for me and the way you devs presented it to me it makes me wonder if it's worth supporting it in the future. Stop flooding us with tons of hidden achievements, jumping puzzles and intense farming, this is a cheap way to develop a game, not something worth time and money to invest. Do a quality jump, listen to the community's feedback and create proper content we all can have fun with. There are a lot of things you can add to the game to make it more enjoyable that I haven't seen being added so far.

@Touchme.1097 said:As an Ultimate Edition GW2 customer I feel very disappointed in the grind involved into farming candy corn cobs to unlock halloween's content, the pricest thing I have seen sold by festival's merchants is a mini worth 2550 gems of candies, that is disgraceful and unfair on players who already paid their toll to play this game, please address this issue and stop introducing massively overpriced items. Many people, including those who can play 24 hours a day don't have the time and the energy to farm all the required candies to unlock half of the content offered by this festival, it's unfair and wrong to require players to lock themselves in intensive farming just to buy something festival related. Festivals are meant to be full of affordable items and a good fun, not a segregated elite ground for insane gameplay, I can name the clocktower requiring insane skills in climbing up to the top just to get a cheap chest with rubbish in it mixed with something valuable. I have spent enough money for this game to make it worth it for me and the way you devs presented it to me it makes me wonder if it's worth supporting it in the future. Stop flooding us with tons of hidden achievements, jumping puzzles and intense farming, this is a cheap way to develop a game, not something worth time and money to invest. Do a quality jump, listen to the community's feedback and create proper content we all can have fun with. There are a lot of things you can add to the game to make it more enjoyable that I haven't seen being added so far.

Its a long term goal if you dont get it this year there is always the next and the one after that.

when everything is overly expensive, it becomes a failure in itself.ppl talk about long term goals but with my time schedule it would take me 20 years to get one single hat, all they care about yet again are the fast grinders and easy farmers but casuals need to not bother yet again.

@sorudo.9054 said:when everything is overly expensive, it becomes a failure in itself.ppl talk about long term goals but with my time schedule it would take me 20 years to get one single hat, all they care about yet again are the fast grinders and easy farmers but casuals need to not bother yet again.

Casuals that really want it take this card you see and swipe it, buy all the candy corn from trading post and poof they have it.

@Linken.6345 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:when everything is overly expensive, it becomes a failure in itself.ppl talk about long term goals but with my time schedule it would take me 20 years to get one single hat, all they care about yet again are the fast grinders and easy farmers but casuals need to not bother yet again.

Casuals that really want it take this card you see and swipe it, buy all the candy corn from trading post and poof they have it.

they are extremely expensive, i am not rich, do the math.

@sorudo.9054 said:

It's not about whether or not one is rich. It is about the option to flat-out purchase or grind. The choice is up to the consumer.

I agree that some of the stuff is insanely expensive, luckily for me I don't desperately want those things. I got a Royal Flame weapon as a drop, and once I checked it out I bought three more, way way cooler than a hat that makes you bald, in my opinion. Just doing the dailies gets you the haunted weapons, which allows you to buy the demon-haunted weapons for 4 cobs, again, way way cooler than hats imho. And the incredible amount of consumables that drop are perfect for someone getting into crafting ascended food.

@"Touchme.1097" said:As an Ultimate Edition GW2 customer I feel very disappointed in the grind involved into farming candy corn cobs to unlock halloween's content, the pricest thing I have seen sold by festival's merchants is a mini worth 2550 gems of candies, that is disgraceful and unfair on players who already paid their toll to play this game, please address this issue and stop introducing massively overpriced items. Many people, including those who can play 24 hours a day don't have the time and the energy to farm all the required candies to unlock half of the content offered by this festival, it's unfair and wrong to require players to lock themselves in intensive farming just to buy something festival related. Festivals are meant to be full of affordable items and a good fun, not a segregated elite ground for insane gameplay, I can name the clocktower requiring insane skills in climbing up to the top just to get a cheap chest with rubbish in it mixed with something valuable. I have spent enough money for this game to make it worth it for me and the way you devs presented it to me it makes me wonder if it's worth supporting it in the future. Stop flooding us with tons of hidden achievements, jumping puzzles and intense farming, this is a cheap way to develop a game, not something worth time and money to invest. Do a quality jump, listen to the community's feedback and create proper content we all can have fun with. There are a lot of things you can add to the game to make it more enjoyable that I haven't seen being added so far.

I guess if it was like you want it to be nobody would want these items anyway because every single player in the game would easly get themclocktower doesn't requiers "insane skills" thats far from being trueand tbh I dont think these events designed in such way so you can unlock ALL content each year, you miss the point of it imo, you can get ALOT more prophet in the event time without playing 24 hours a day than without it - and everything else is a bonus.

@kharmin.7683 said:

It's not about whether or not one is rich. It is about the option to flat-out purchase or grind. The choice is up to the consumer.

uhmm yes it is, i don't have the time to grind my ass off to get one single hat and not rich enough to buy them.lowering the grind to about 5 instead of 30 makes this much more do-able and much more an event thing, 30 for one single hat isn't made for events, that's a thing for regular stuff like legendary weapons.

@sorudo.9054 said:

uhmm yes it is, i don't have the time to grind my kitten off to get one single hat and not rich enough to buy them.lowering the grind to about 5 instead of 30 makes this much more do-able and much more an event thing, 30 for one single hat isn't made for events, that's a thing for regular stuff like legendary weapons.

uhmm sorry. In my opinion, no it is not. A player can budget their money and purchase from the gem store if they prefer not to grind. Just because you choose to do neither does not invalidate this. This festival occurs every year. Put some money away now and save up for next year. If you had been around, you could have saved up from last year.

@Dery.2819 said:

@"Touchme.1097" said:As an Ultimate Edition GW2 customer I feel very disappointed in the grind involved into farming candy corn cobs to unlock halloween's content, the pricest thing I have seen sold by festival's merchants is a mini worth 2550 gems of candies, that is disgraceful and unfair on players who already paid their toll to play this game, please address this issue and stop introducing massively overpriced items. Many people, including those who can play 24 hours a day don't have the time and the energy to farm all the required candies to unlock half of the content offered by this festival, it's unfair and wrong to require players to lock themselves in intensive farming just to buy something festival related. Festivals are meant to be full of affordable items and a good fun, not a segregated elite ground for insane gameplay, I can name the clocktower requiring insane skills in climbing up to the top just to get a cheap chest with rubbish in it mixed with something valuable. I have spent enough money for this game to make it worth it for me and the way you devs presented it to me it makes me wonder if it's worth supporting it in the future. Stop flooding us with tons of hidden achievements, jumping puzzles and intense farming, this is a cheap way to develop a game, not something worth time and money to invest. Do a quality jump, listen to the community's feedback and create proper content we all can have fun with. There are a lot of things you can add to the game to make it more enjoyable that I haven't seen being added so far.

I guess if it was like you want it to be nobody would want these items anyway because every single player in the game would easly get themclocktower doesn't requiers "insane skills" thats far from being trueand tbh I dont think these events designed in such way so you can unlock ALL content each year, you miss the point of it imo, you can get ALOT more prophet in the event time without playing 24 hours a day than without it - and everything else is a bonus.

That is absolutely false, when around 5% of players are about to succeed an event it's valid to claim that it requires insane skills as 5% is a very strict small number compared to the millions of people who, sadly, are not going to enjoy the end rewards.

Quoting the original designer of the clocktower jumping puzzle:Joshua Foreman built this map, he estimated "maybe 5% of people would make it to the top."

@Linken.6345 said:What hat cost 30 candy corn cobs?Maybe I should spend some of mine I got over 7 years of playing

In 2018. the Witch's hat from the original Halloween event was made available for 30 candy corn cobs from the festival vendor(s). I think this is the only way to unlock the skin if your account didn't get it before, or from wardrobe unlock items.

Similarly, for 20 the Pumpkin Crown is available, since it was the meta achievement reward before (and that is currently the cape).

@Linken.6345 said:

@Touchme.1097 said:As an Ultimate Edition GW2 customer I feel very disappointed in the grind involved into farming candy corn cobs to unlock halloween's content, the pricest thing I have seen sold by festival's merchants is a mini worth 2550 gems of candies, that is disgraceful and unfair on players who already paid their toll to play this game, please address this issue and stop introducing massively overpriced items. Many people, including those who can play 24 hours a day don't have the time and the energy to farm all the required candies to unlock half of the content offered by this festival, it's unfair and wrong to require players to lock themselves in intensive farming just to buy something festival related. Festivals are meant to be full of affordable items and a good fun, not a segregated elite ground for insane gameplay, I can name the clocktower requiring insane skills in climbing up to the top just to get a cheap chest with rubbish in it mixed with something valuable. I have spent enough money for this game to make it worth it for me and the way you devs presented it to me it makes me wonder if it's worth supporting it in the future. Stop flooding us with tons of hidden achievements, jumping puzzles and intense farming, this is a cheap way to develop a game, not something worth time and money to invest. Do a quality jump, listen to the community's feedback and create proper content we all can have fun with. There are a lot of things you can add to the game to make it more enjoyable that I haven't seen being added so far.

Its a long term goal if you dont get it this year there is always the next and the one after that.

Excuse me! Not all people are 20 years old playing GW2 since Beta and with a life expectancy as long as young adults, festivals shouldn't offer long term rewards, this goes against the very festive spirit of any reasonable event. Leave the longer term rewards to legendaries for those who have had years invested in playing an online game.

@Linken.6345 said:If your that old you should have plenty of cash to turn into gold and buy any long term reward mate.

Thats what the old have over the young experience and piggy bank

A lot of people are not rich right now, the covid shutdown has taken it's toll on everyone. Especially if you aren't young and don't live with your parents, and you have a family to feed. The Halloween event seemed fine to me. I got so many candy corn just from doin things in the game, I got all the items I wanted pretty much. Maybe not some of the super expensive mini's, but meh not a big deal. The thing I was disappointed with was trying to finish memorial. I have no skill for jumping puzzles and not having another option to finish that without clock tower was kind of sad for me.