What’s your favourite festival/event, and why?

DzT.8127

I was torn between Wintersday, Super Adventure Box and the Festival of the Four Winds. Since everyone who had replied so far picked Wintersday and I know SAB is popular I voted for the 3rd choice.

I like all the festivals actually, but I think Wintersday has more mini games and activities which I enjoy, Festival of the Four Winds has IMO the best atmosphere and map and I can spend a lot of time doing things which aren't even real activities, like riding the boat around the cliffs. Super Adventure Box isn't really a festival to me, it's a whole mini game which honestly could be a stand-alone game in it's own right (a short one admittedly, but plenty of games are short).

I'm hoping they'll continue to add new stuff to Lunar New Year too. That was my favourite GW1 festival and for a long time the GW2 version felt pretty lacking compared to the other festivals, but it's improved a lot and I hope they continue with that. Same for Dragon Bash.

One thing I really like about all the festivals in this game is that even the ones which are obviously based on real-life events like Halloween and Wintersday still have their own lore and story to them and feel like a part of the world rather than interrupting the game for something that doesn't fit. (Also I don't know which is the exception among MMOs but all the GW2 festivals are so much more interesting than my other MMO where a festival or special event is basically just an XP boost, something like ToT bags or Wintersday gifts dropping from bosses and maybe double drops from daily quests. I love that there's so much more to do during a GW2 festival.)

Dragon Bash. DB was enacted to celebrate Jormag's death iirc, and that was the last time I had much interest in the GW2 story. Also, I find the repetitive tasks for virtual gewgaws to be less grindy for some reason.

Lunar New Year would be a close second.

SAB? Platforming and I don't play well together and I dislike the 8Bit art style.Four Winds? Not sure why, but despite enjoying year one, I have not been able to motivate myself to return.Halloween? Too much CC on Labyrinth mobs, makes for annoyance. Also, I'm so over the gaming player base's fascination with the Dark.Wintersday? Bah. Humbug. Wintersday feels too much like the crass over-commercialization of the holiday in RL, with little to none of the real meaning of it to be found.

Steve that's why Halloween is my favorite. My second favorite is either dragon bash or winters day. Dragon bash because I like the celebratory feel, and it isn't super grindy, while feeling very rewarding. Winters day because the toy factory dungeon is always fun. I Feel like a giant smashing those puny houses.

• 1 month later...

Wintersday, because I love that jumping puzzle and I am a sucker for winter themes. The strike mission is nice, too - I love the GW1 atmosphere of it, though the Secret Lair for the Snowmen was a lot more fun then. Tixx's toy dungeon, in all its variations, is also tons of fun.

My second favorite is The Festival of the Four Winds, mostly for the beautiful beach and underwater areas, the Quaggan lantern puzzle, and because the Gauntlet is challenging on higher tiers and its achievements were fun to do.

Edit (because I forgot to mention): SAB is, overall, the most fun and innovative festival in the game, it is a game mode of its own. <3 But it being only half completed is a thorn in every SAB fan's side. I prefer to look at it as separate content.

Halloween.I think it offers more than any other festival.

The Labyrinth is a good addition however it has gotten a bit stale over the years, I think this content could really benefit from some upgrades, namely I think the map needs expanding and more events and enemies should be added, specially bosses.

Mount racing both in the raceway and the Lab are good fun, good tracks to test your Beetle racing skills as well as some other mounts.

Ascent to Madness is kind of dated now too with so much power creep over the years.I think this content too could use some upgrading, make the Mad King a bit stronger so he's not a total pushover and maybe add a Challenge mode for those who want a good challenge for better rewards.

Clock Tower is still a fun annual jumping puzzle, doesn't need to change but there could be some fun things Anet could do to it..First thing that comes to mind is a mirror mode or flip the screen upside down or something random like that lol

Reapers Rumble & Lunatic Acquisition, not my thing personally but glad they're there.

Mad King Says, I think the time needs to be cut down on this event.. it's a long wait between events and usually I don't bother with it because of that.Maybe once an hour would be better.

Theme, Halloween LA is easily the best festive map change in the game.

Halloween Story.. I wish Anet would get around to making this content replayable and expanding it.. it really sucks that they canned this :(

Lab Horror aka Steve.Probably my favourite thing about Halloween, I enjoy messing with this guy every year and taking him on solo.It's kind of an annual rivalry that's been going on for about 5 years now.. a death game of who can kill who the most each year ^^ I always win but it's still fun.

Least favourite holiday is probably Wintersday..I dunno, the whole winter wonderland thing has really gotten stale for me and I find this festival tends to bore me very quickly every year now.I wish there was more combat stuff to do.. feels like a lot of Wintersday stuff is just running around :s

Secret Lair of the Snowmen was a nice addition very welcome.

Bell Choir has become a very stale event, lots of waiting around and no new songs :S I tire of this event very very quickly every year.

Snowball Mayhem, again not my thing but good that it's here.

Ho Ho Tron Donation.. for the love of Grenth let me skill the Skritt with my weapons.. I hate this event.. :( Sorry but I do.

Winter Wonderland... Sorry but this has to be the most boring JP in the game now imo, I really don't care for it anymore after all these years.It could definitely use some upgrades, some new paths or something to spice it up a bit.

Mount Race, Good fun, I still enjoy this content.

Toypocalypse and Tixx Infinirarium, Ok these are the big ones.I really like these event concepts.. but I think most people will agree that these are severely outdated festive games now.These could both use some big upgrades in my opinion especially Tixx Infinirarium to deal with all the powercreep put into the game over the year.Stronger/more enemies, and a better boss fight is about all this really needs.

Toypocalypse just needs to speed up a bit in the later stages and could probably benefit from players having a few more weapons and skills to use.The Dolyaks too could have missions or something.. to make things more difficult at the risk of much higher rewards if they succeed.I guess what i'm saying is this.. Toypocalyse needs a much more rewarding Hard mode! challenge.

Those are my thoughts anyway.

SAB but it isn't supported a lot anymore and that s sad and infuriating. I only like halloween and wintersday because it is easily farmable and you can make gold from them. Remove the farms and thoses festivals are nothing. Whereas SAB, still no world 3 and 4 that may be awesome and why? Because backlash and hate storm? No sense. So no, I expect at least z3-1 and z3-2 when it s coming back.

This is the only unfinished festival right now, liking or hating it it has to be finished.

From all festivals, I enjoy only Halloween and SAB, because those two have something to do — repeatable content, you can just hop in and have fun. I like running around the lab (exept being chased by Steve).Lunar, Wintersday, Four Winds, Dragon Bash — it's just daily, a quick and one-time-in-a-year source of AP and gold. Simply lack of good content (or content at all).