Hallowed Gravel

cyberzombie.7348

In theory, it's useful for a fight directly after a breach...but in reality, it does negligible damage (to 50 targets!) and there are very rarely fights directly after a wall breach.

It's a holdover from the genesis of WvW where a bunch of stuff was thrown in with no apparent use case and, all these years later, none has ever been found.

In theory its to damage enemy zergs with the catapult during sieges. However, practically everyone uses the normal attack instead because it does mass CC to the zerg which is often more valuable, same reason trebs are used for defense.

I've found it to have one major use--when defending SMC gates from the top floor piers, you can hit alot of players.

They made a change to it some time ago, it used to be good, as the rocks were tightly packed into the same area as the normal shot. If you hit someone with it, it would insta down them in most cases if all the rocks hit the same target. They then made it so all the projectiles are spread out in a "fan" like pattern, making the skill 100% useless.

@Justine.6351 said:From a high elevation it can one shot people apparently.

One shot seems to be an overstatement but from what I've tested (around 700-3000+ units of elevation), the damage caps around 6k per rock. So in theory it can be useful if fired from vantage points targeting stationary zergs, but requires two or more to deal heavy damage.

@cyberzombie.7348 said:

@Justine.6351 said:From a high elevation it can one shot people apparently.

One shot seems to be an overstatement but from what I've tested (around 700-3000+ units of elevation), the damage caps around 6k per rock. So in theory it can be useful if fired from vantage points targeting stationary zergs, but requires two or more to deal heavy damage.

From higher elevation the rocks tend to clump up or something.