Mad King mounts separately? - [Merged]

Xenon.4537

I just saw theres a "Mad King Mega Bundle" in the gem store. I want the mounts, but this bundle is expensive and has a bunch of other stuff I either have, or don't want. I have the mad king outfit and the dyes. I don't care for the finisher or the prince outfit. Have the mounts ever been sold separately or is this the only way?

2262 gems for me. I own the Mad King outfit and the finisher already. Doesn't appear to be discounting as it lists 2262 in the sticky as well as the tooltip for all items in the pack and doesn't mention anything about reduced price for items you own already - not sure they still do that anymore

It costs 2262 for me as well, and I don't own anything in it, so it looks like there's no discount, which is disappointing.

All the items in it have been sold seperately before (the mounts only as a 5-pack, but without the other stuff) and I'm sure they'll be available again at some point, but it might not be this Halloween, because I think players would be disappointed if they bought the pack and then found out if they'd waited a week or so they could buy just the things they wanted.

Hello!Making a post, I'm a returning player and was curious about this bundle on the gemstore.I noticed the items in the bundle are not sold separately -- or at least the mount pack is not sold separate, this is where my problem comes in. I already own half the items in this bundle, and the bundle is a whopping 2k+ gems. I don't want to pay that much for items i already own, JUST because i want the MOUNT pack.

Is there any chance we can get discounts on the bundle if we already own some of the items? -- I just want the mounts as i missed them last time around.TLDR: Can we get the mount pack seperate, or a discount if we already own some of the items?It'd be great to hear some feedback on this if anyone's familiar or in a similar situation.

Anyway, thank you for your time, and happy halloween!

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Yeah, I just checked an account that owns none of the items in the package, and it's 2,262 Gems, as well.Seems like an unusual number of Gems for a bundle.

Yeah that price point is kind of bizarre. It doesn't say 30% off or anything. I guess they just picked that number. I hope they make the 1600gem mount pack available separately though.

Buying the items in the bundle separately at previous gem store prices would cost 4000 gems:

• 1,600 for the mount pack
  • 700 for each outfit (1400 total)
  • 500 for the finisher
  • 500 for 5 dyes

Can anyone do the maths to work out what percentage discount that is? I'm wondering if the price is weird because it works out as something sensible like 35% off and for whatever reason they neglected to say that. But I'm rubbish at calculating percentages like that.

@Mungo Zen.9364 said:43.45% discount?

/Rechecks math

Yup....

I am guessing some individual items within the pack are discounted differently. But that is a decent reduction in price overall (if these are things you want).

It's a good discount, but only if you want the mounts and at least one outfit, or both outfits and the finisher, or everything.

The dyes are almost never worth buying because they're RNG and unless you get very lucky on certain packs it's cheaper to buy the exclusive colours from the TP than to buy them directly from the gem store and the mounts + the finisher would actually be slightly cheaper (2,100 gems). So the pack is only good value if you want at least two of the 'higher value' items.

Admittedly this is usually the case with the gem store bundles. Often with the appearance bundles it's cheaper to get the outfit and backpack/glider or whatever the other expensive item is separately and it's only worth getting the pack if you like the whole lot or really want the exclusive weapon skin.

@Vavume.8065 said:

• 500 for 5 dyes

I don't even think EA would sink this low...

Like I said I don't think they're ever worth buying, but it's not a new thing. Dye packs have been in the gem store since the game was released, and the original version was arguably worse in that there were no exclusive colours, it only dropped dyes you could find in-game for free.

A lot of stuff in the gem store is over-priced, which is one reason I'm glad there's nothing there which is necessary to play.

Unfortunately I get the impression that Anet has gem store releases on a schedule written (more or less) in stone. I doubt they will sell the mad king pack itself this year unless they were already planning to make it available next tuesday the 26th or the one after on the 2nd.

I assume there's no way to find out if ANet plans to release just the mount pack during this event? Like several of the others here, that's really all I'm interested in, since I already own the 2 outfits, most of the dyes in the pack, and over 500 of the temporary version of the finisher, and the price of the mega pack doesn't go down if you already own any parts of it. I'd rather not spend an extra 662 gems for stuff I already own/don't need if I don't have to.