Domain of Istan "Intercept the corpse caravan" Event.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is bugged for me as well. I've been on the map for 4 days now and have yet to see it spawn. The 'Sunspear Uprising' meta never goes to the 'Defeat Joko's forces throughout Istan, and intercept corpse caravans to aid the Sunspear uprising' step. The Thunderhead Keep event 'Defend the Zephyrites from the Branded' is also bugged.

@"Excursion.9752" said:Any word on when this will be fixed?

They really need to create an toggle in the bug report section in game that after so many reports of a broken map within an hour would instantly restart the map like it was a new instance....

Nothing as of yet, all the "help" I've been given is a condescending talk about how to get into another map instance or report a bug, as if they don't already know that 60% of the S4 content is dead and getting a fresh instance in Istan is virtually impossible.

The problem is bigger than just the one map. I was able to get into a fresh map and I was pretty happy because I was going to have a chance to kill the caravan FINALLY! Well I was wrong. The caravan event actually started and we were able to take the caravan about half way down then boom.......... The caravan disappeared along with the event. Then instantly the great hall event started right up. My head just about bounced off my keyboard with disappointment.

I am getting really close to finishing all the other steps to visions and if this ends up being my only hang up I'm going to be pretty upset and that's putting it lightly.

Is this being looked into? Acknowledgement of the problem would be nice.

Hi there,

I have exactly the same problem than you. And it's the last item that I need to finish the collection of "Vision I"....And staying for a while on this map for no event, that's give me a headache...

I wrote a report bug but nothing yet. Please, make something to fix this problem Anet.

Thanks!

@Excursion.9752 said:Pretty much waiting on this to progress on visions. Feeling pretty agitated that I've done all this work to be held up by this... Think its about time to just give it to us . You could even sell it on a vendor at the docks.

Good idea! Hope the developers read your suggestion and apply it if they can't debug the pre-event.

I got excited when I saw my game updating yesterday. Then I looked at the patch notes.....

This is a progress blocking bug that should be hot fixed. I guess this is what I get for not going after vision earlier. I remember way when the corpse caravans were plentiful and used to avoid them because of how much HP those things have. Now I'm just looking for a a dead body to throw on the back of a dolyak just so I can get this achievement.

Well while we wait here's a tip that you may want to start doing each day until it gets fixed. Get a deal on your Funerary Incense by completing all the hearts in Domain of Vabbi. Instead of them costing 100 trade contracts each they are reduced to 5. You can get 8 per day.This is the video I used to figure out the quickest way to do them :

My friend and I have a bet going that I will get all Funerary Incense I need through using hearts only before I will get credit for killing a caravan.......

Note that it is possible to get a fresh instance in Istan exactly twice a day. Players tend to run it daily when the Palawadan event timer is about 15mins to firing, both immediately before and after daily reset. This is because Palawadan rewards are only once per day, so this is the only time Istan is still active and spawning multiple instances of the map.

You'll only have about a 2 hour window and your timing must be precise. LFG may be needed.