epidemic should work with fear

Mormegil.2345

I don't think fear lasts long enough for the transfer to matter. You might get fear to last much longer with the right traits and set up, but considering the already low threshold, it's still not gonna last all that long, which is why Terror hits quite hard, because it has less time to do its job. What I am driving at is that considering the 50% duration reduction on conditions transferred via Epidemic, coupled with the 1 second or so travel time, as well as activation time, and by the time the Epidemic projectile lands, the Fear will most likely have run out.

Fear does transfer with epidemic. Its difficult to land and you need to apply the fear while the projectile is in the air, which is only really feasible with scourge. I've done it plenty of times and used it as a means of some janky terror builds. It works, but its not that good.

@Lily.1935 said:Fear does transfer with epidemic. Its difficult to land and you need to apply the fear while the projectile is in the air, which is only really feasible with scourge. I've done it plenty of times and used it as a means of some janky terror builds. It works, but its not that good.

it should work in the order as: inflict fear, cast epidemic, fear copied. epidemic's cast isnt so fast but with quickness or longer fear duration its enough. you are telling about deceiving it and it can work that way but for sake why do i need to deceive it while it should work in the right way at the start...some may say that its a crowd control and epidemic wont work on those effects, but as you can easily tell by looking at its icon, fear listed as a condition effect.so either it has to work or we need some descriptions to change.

@"Mormegil.2345" said:epidemic should be working with fear, at least while building with terror. dont tell "naa its gonna be too op" whether or not its gonna be op, thats another topic. in that case epidemic gets a cd nerf and all good. otherwise there is no rules on the descriptions against it, right?Fear is a condition and so it works with epidemic. I don't know why you think it doesn't.

@KrHome.1920 said:

@"Mormegil.2345" said:epidemic should be working with fear, at least while building with terror. dont tell "naa its gonna be too op" whether or not its gonna be op, thats another topic. in that case epidemic gets a cd nerf and all good. otherwise there is no rules on the descriptions against it, right?Fear is a condition and so it works with epidemic. I don't know why you think it doesn't.

Because of trying it for an hour at pvp golems... lol im pretty sure it does notthank you for responding anyways

@Mormegil.2345 said:

@Lily.1935 said:Fear does transfer with epidemic. Its difficult to land and you need to apply the fear while the projectile is in the air, which is only really feasible with scourge. I've done it plenty of times and used it as a means of some janky terror builds. It works, but its not that good.

it should work in the order as: inflict fear, cast epidemic, fear copied. epidemic's cast isnt so fast but with quickness or longer fear duration its enough. you are telling about deceiving it and it can work that way but for sake why do i need to deceive it while it should work in the right way at the start...some may say that its a crowd control and epidemic wont work on those effects, but as you can easily tell by looking at its icon, fear listed as a condition effect.so either it has to work or we need some descriptions to change.

Fear does work with epidemic. I don't know how else to tell you that. Its hard to see it working because fear duration is normally 1 second and Epidemic reduces duration of transferred conditions by 50%. So you'd get half a second. The duration of fear is nerfed in PvP so you're going to have an extremely difficult time getting it to work there especially since Fear of death doesn't grant the 100% fear duration it does in PvE. Try it in PvE on scourge with Terror. You can SEE it working as you will get a terror tick.

I've done the experiment myself. IT absolutely does transfer. As should taunt and if you get a friend to build up taunt for you you should be able to taunt everyone in much the same way.

@Mormegil.2345 said:

@XECOR.2814 said:It works with fear. You can easily notice in raids.

now i start to wonder if my ping is that horrible:d

Its not that. You didn't notice it because you used it in pvp and alone. The fear duration is nowhere enough that you can transfer it alone. You need multiple viper necro to chain fear to get big enough fear duration stack for transfer. Remember, the duration on transferred condi is only 50% of original fear because of nerfs.

Epidemic was changed from instant to projectiles with flight time, then changed to cut duration by 50%.Fear duration on Necro is also very limited with access to Fear also restricted. Terrifying Descent was useful in WvW so naturally it is gone. Rune of the Nightmare also had its Fear proc removed. Arenanet is very careful with Fear access on Necromancer.

• 3 weeks later...

@Anchoku.8142 said:Epidemic was changed from instant to projectiles with flight time, then changed to cut duration by 50%.Fear duration on Necro is also very limited with access to Fear also restricted. Terrifying Descent was useful in WvW so naturally it is gone. Rune of the Nightmare also had its Fear proc removed. Arenanet is very careful with Fear access on Necromancer.

Very accurate. While other classes cast times are kept short necro skills seem to be too powerful for insta casts. Get your timing down and your expertise up, along with the traits that increase fear duration, and you will notice.