[Suggestion] Vertical mount races

Ninutra.7926

I loved the implementation of more vertical movement with PoF, but springer has become slightly obsolete (at least with a full mount roster). An idea that came to me in half-sleep was races that focus on springer specifically, where the main movement would be directly up (up a big wall, buildings, mountains or floating islands), where precision of jumping would be the key. If the springer charge were slightly sped up in such a place/event, I imagine it would have potential for a lot of fun and hopefully challenge, especially if the platforms were small and/or moving in some way.I'd love to hear what you guys think.

@Ninutra.7926 said:I loved the implementation of more vertical movement with PoF, but springer has become slightly obsolete (at least with a full mount roster)

They could re invent the springer a bit by adding a floor break through mechanic on landing, like the roller beetle has to break through walls, except springer could break through floors, ofc Anet has to add some breakable floors, but that could be a thing.

@Vavume.8065 said:

@Ninutra.7926 said:I loved the implementation of more vertical movement with PoF, but springer has become slightly obsolete (at least with a full mount roster)

They could re invent the springer a bit by adding a floor break through mechanic on landing, like the roller beetle has to break through walls, except springer could break through floors, ofc Anet has to add some breakable floors, but that could be a thing.

I hope that idea comes with helmets, because that idea sounds like it would HURT.

@"Eekasqueak.7850" said:Skyscale breaking it is the only worry I'd have.

Same. That's why I thought it would be perhaps best to have it in some sort of mini-instance (like Sanctum Sprint), where there are limitations on mount choice. Unless the "no mounts" debuff in open world near jumping puzzles could be tweaked to only allow springers.

@Vavume.8065 said:They could re invent the springer a bit by adding a floor break through mechanic on landing, like the roller beetle has to break through walls, except springer could break through floors, ofc Anet has to add some breakable floors, but that could be a thing.

Please, this! I would want it to be the only way to access certain areas, but this could sadly keep some players out. But if it were for meaningful shortcuts and some secrets, it could be cool!

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:Skyscale breaking it is the only worry I'd have.

skyscale is A LOT slower than the springer and without LS4 skills can't go twice as high - which it would desparately need because it then skips a charge.low jumps within the reach of a skyscale jump + 1 flap are what it could win but then the griffon is roughly at the same pace. so there is nothing forcing people onto a LS mount, PoF mounts are enough and vertical races would show the actual difference and maybe open our eyes in which mount actually wins.

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:Skyscales are slower than springers, but more accurate. I don't think a skyscale would 'break' a vertical race, but a really skilled springer rider could probably get up a climb twice as fast. I really like this idea.

I dunno, a skyscale's dash can lift you about as high as a springer can jump. My problem is finding spots to land without wall grabbing - so adding lots of overhanging terrain or colidable objects could ruin a skyscale's day.

In all honesty I think the best method to get more specific mount races in would be to add them into the game as instanced minigames much like Southsun Survival and Sanctum sprint are.That way Anet could block specific mounts from being used without having to impact the open world in any way.

Would also allow them to design any crazy race tracks that they wanted without limitations or conflict worries with the normal game too.Imagine the Beetle race tracks you could make like Sanctum Sprint for example, it would be so much fun and much much better than anything currently in the open world.Could even make them more PvP like and add some fun new skills to make it like Gw1's Rollar Beetle racing minigame.Slow down other players or boost them to make em fly off the track XDStun them so their skills get CD or Steal another players endurance bar etc ^^

Doesn't have to be just racing either.Warclaw could even get one where it's more of a battleground like game where players have to Warclaw stomp randomly spawning downed NPC's and the player with the most kills when the timer expires wins.Could be powerups in this game too like speed boosts or stealing kills from another player.Stunning other players or pulling/knocking them around so you can stomp the kill they were gonna get.Defensive buffs to make you immune to the above effects and stuff like that,

There's massive potential in stuff like that I think.

After I had a raptor race the other day where someone jumped on his beetle halfway up the track because he couldn't keep up ...

I like the races and would be happy about more. Even though I would like to see a restriction on which mount and which skills you can use.

@"Gryphon.2875" said:I would like more reasons to use my Infernal Horror bunny.

That is an awesome skin!

The idea about a floor break mechanic sounds like sooooo much fun. It would have use in a vertical race as well as in the open world for "secret rooms." I am totally on board for vertical racing (thinking Canthan cities here) and floor break (cause Cantha has sewers.)