Launcher not opening

@roughneck.8936 said:I had the same problem today ,the solution i found after digging thru forums comes from Healix.5819 and it works.Open a command prompt (search , type cmd ,right click run as admin) and enter following(you can copy&paste):nslookup origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com 8.8.8.8

Copy one of the addresses (it changes every few days and there are usually 2) for my region its currently52.206.178.33

Search the start menu for notepad, right click it and run it as an administrator. In notepad, open:C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

At the bottom, add the following line, substituting the current IP you found:52.206.178.33 assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com

Save it(don't forget to run notepad as admin,otherwise it won't save) and launch GW2. Remember to remove the line when you're done(i never did still works). This advice is from Healix.5819 and it works,i used it twice before in the past(after digging thru today i came across and remembered his posts ) and also helps with stuck downloading update and so on so forth.

I can't thank you enough, you're a life saver man

• 2 years later...

@roughneck.8936 Thank you so much for sharing the post. This worked for me, however my file also happened to be empty so I went to microsoft's site https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-reset-the-hosts-file-back-to-the-default-c2a43f9d-e176-c6f3-e4ef-3500277a6dae and fixed the file. Then I added the fix you shared and it finally completed the download.