Inventory Buttons - [Merged]

Nidome.1365

Hi, not sure where to post this. Years ago, players rallied to have the Compact button moved so it was not so close to the "Deposit all" option in inventory. Now it's directly beside again cries. I cannot find any option to disable or move that hell-button. Anyone else have luck?

eta: yes, ability to hide this button would be amazing <3

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give us an option to remove compact all button from the UI, i accidentally compacted my inventory cause of this change....

And please even if you make new buttons leave options in the menu as well or give us an option to revert to inventory without the buttons, we're used to it.

Give us an option to remove compact all button from the UI, i accidentally compacted my inventory cause of this change....

And please even if you make new buttons leave options in the menu as well or give us an option to revert to inventory without the buttons, we're used to it.

"Compact" button is dangerously close to "Deposit all" button.

This change obviously was not tested by those who actually is playing the game, and no doubt - seemed to be good on paper. Moving buttons here and there is not QoL implementation, but an imitation of an actual work.

My inventory looks like a simple grid without any bag separators. Moreover, each item is on its place. I always know where all my tools and consumables are. "Compact" button will ruin everything. I know some people prefer to split inventory tab into bag sections, and I can't say whether this part of playerbase is a major or minor one.

Whoever supported this feature ever thought how often do players use "Deposit all" and how often do they use "Compact" function to put both buttons on the same level of physical and functional availability? I encourage to re-think this implementation with a proper and wiser approach considering players' experience, and not only UI designer / Software engineer / Manager.

@"Rihar.3465" said:Anyone who supported this feature ever thought how often players do use "Deposit all" and how often do they use "Compact" function to put both buttons on the same level of physical and functional availability? I encourage to re-think this implementation with a proper a wiser approach considering player experience, and not only UI designer / Software engineer / Manager.

I've been playing since launch and I always use the two buttons together, so this is an incredibly welcome change to me.Ya'll probably should get an option to remove the compact button, but don't try and frame it as if everyone plays how you do.

@Katsugankz.7156 said:

@"Rihar.3465" said:Anyone who supported this feature ever thought how often players do use "Deposit all" and how often do they use "Compact" function to put both buttons on the same level of physical and functional availability? I encourage to re-think this implementation with a proper a wiser approach considering player experience, and not only UI designer / Software engineer / Manager.

I've been playing since launch and I always use the two buttons together, so this is an incredibly welcome change to me.Ya'll probably should get an option to remove the compact button, but don't try and frame it as if everyone plays how you do.

That's why these buttons should be at least optional. In example, add check boxes to "Compact" and "Deposit" menu buttons to move this functionality to inventory UI itself as separate buttons. That is, for players like you it would be better to keep both buttons at the same place. For players like me, it would be preferable to keep only "Deposit" button (this will reduce "open menu" -> "click deposit" actions to a simple "click deposit button").

Right now it is easy to misclick them since they are very small and located too close to each other.

@"CaspeR.6943" said:Yeah. Please add an option to hide or disable "compact" button or an option to revert it back to menu.

I agree with this.

I like that the deposit button has moved out of the menu because (once I get used to the new position) it makes it slightly easier to use, but I really don't like that it's so close to the compact button and I'd like them to restore the option we used to have to seperate the two.

I appreciate some people use deposit and compact together, and I assume it's one of those types of people who made this change, but I'm the opposite. I never, ever want to use the compact option and if I do it means having to stop what I'm doing to put a bunch of stuff back where it belongs, which is really annoying. If I could remove the compact option entirely I'd do that, but I'd settle for being able to seperate them. That was possible when they were in the menu - there was an option to move compact to the bottom of the list so there was no risk of hitting it by accident. It would be nice to get that back, or something which achieves the same effect.

Agreed. I like that they've moved them out of the menu and I imagine for people who use both together this is a good change, but as someone who never, ever wants to use the compact option this is annoying because I'm going to keep hitting the wrong button.

It's especially frustrating because they fixed this problem once by adding the option to move compact down the menu. It would be really nice to get an equivalent for the new system.