Fractal Consumables

knite.1542

The existence of consumables that equip players with high control skills creates an unintended play pattern involving combat with the inventory panel open. It's our goal that encounters with substantial defiance bars be addressed by build changes rather than reliance on consumables, and for this reason we are disabling several items in dungeon and fractal content. The following consumable items are no longer usable in dungeons or fractals:

Metal RodPower MatrixRockWooden PlankSentinel RifleTermite Shovel

Let's have a moment of silence for our fallen consumables.

So, now that they got rid of consumables because there was a too big a gap between normal players and noobs who can't play their equipment opened, can we get breakbars out from fractals and dungeons and just subsititute 'exposed,' assuming that people broke it nearly instantly? In the same vein, please remove breakbars from more annoying phases like shattered split, so I can just kill the edge enemies instead of ccing them with planks I don't have anymore.

No more proper templates to quickly adapt and play how you want, no more proper KP to find and join the players/groups you want to, and now no more consumables as optional added depth to substitute builds and increase variety.

I've never seen a company so hell bent on killing off their hardcore communities who love their game.

Even as someone who generally didn't enjoy playing with consumables (save for some CC only exceptions like speeding up Artsariiv), this is just yet another patch taking ultimately optional things out of the game for really no proper reason, rather than adding anything of value to it. Something that's been a trend for quite some time now.

an unintended play pattern

Really ? Ppl have been using these items for years in dungeons and fractals and Anet only see it now ? Dungeons have been forgotten for years and now they remove usefull tools for ppl who like to solo them ? What's the point ?

Why do you remove features ppl like ? If the cc is too easy, just make bigger bars for the new ones like you did for the new fractal 100 CM. No need to punish players trying to optimise things using the tools at their disposal. I hope you at least fixed all the bugs introduced into dungeons years after years without a single fix. (Alphard anyone ?). Same for fractal 99, 2nd boss after halloween patch : we should not use cc cons but you removed the second cc phase...

What's the point of having cc cons if you can't use them anywhere ? (Don't say WorldBosses : everyone knows you're only allowed to spam 1 in open world)

What's wrong with you and this fucking dumb update Anet ?

The real talk tho. We all know that KP got removed because several ANet devs got kicked out of groups that required to ping them.We all know that there is groups that asks to ping consumables.Following the same logic, we might recognize the pattern, which leads us to conclusion, that some ANet devs just got kicked out of fractal groups that required to have consumables on player joining (for the dev that explained reason and adviced to gearcheck: consumables check is just a way to check dedication of player joining, same as food or pots, but potentially at higher level. no need to be mad at it!).I am just wondering how are they planning to remove rotations next, or are they gonna illegalize DPS meters first?I know that we had no real communication with game developer for, like, 7 years atleast, but at this case im gonna ask for a simple civil visit of a good will: just tell us, guys, who dared to kick you for no consumables pinging?

@SidewayS.3789 said:I am dying of laughing... I have no idea what is happening at Anet HQ, but these guys are the MOST clueless devs i have ever seen in my 20+ years carrier of a MMO player.

you are probably saying this because you've been involved in discussion of gw2 on gw1 forums and during beta, right? where dungeon development people (that quit long ago, and current team has not enough skills to understand how dungeons work, so they're abandoned practically) actually said, that those consumables IMPLIED to be used in combat, including inside instances, right?i wish, current team been studying past materials sometimes. like, why we have certain stuff in game and how it implied to be used. or gw1 lore, before writing something. or even gw2 lore before writing something.you know, studying anything about game. would be so good. or playing it actually.

@Asum.4960 said:No more proper templates to quickly adapt and play how you want, no more proper KP to find and join the players/groups you want to, and now more consumables as optional added depth to substitute builds and increase variety.

I've never seen a company so hell bent on killing off their hardcore communities who love their game.

Even as someone who generally didn't enjoy playing with consumables (save for some CC only exceptions like speeding up Artsariiv), this is just yet another patch taking ultimately optional things out of the game for really no proper reason, rather than adding anything of value to it. Something that's been a trend for quite some time now.

I think, it's because people started demanding consumables in lfg. So its a bit their own fault. When they removed KP people should have guessed it was to prevented gate keeping yet they made worse gate keeping with forcing ppl to used consumables even alac and HB even tho they can just used staff 5 and sanctuary to do plenty of cc, but nope that 1K more dps was all that counted even if only few ppl in lfg even reack 20K dps that's totally carry

@Saniyah.1984 said:

@Asum.4960 said:No more proper templates to quickly adapt and play how you want, no more proper KP to find and join the players/groups you want to, and now more consumables as optional added depth to substitute builds and increase variety.

I think, it's because people started demanding consumables in lfg. So its a bit their own fault. When they removed KP people should have guessed it was to prevented gate keeping yet they made worse gate keeping with forcing ppl to used consumables even alac and HB even tho they can just used staff 5 and sanctuary to do plenty of cc, but nope that 1K more dps was all that counted even if only few ppl in lfg even reack 20K dps that's totally carry

Not really, i play alac in fract and with pug parties i use all my cc (staff 5 + those from legends + axe 5...) AND cc cons because usually ppl don't use cc at all in random CM groups (not an issue in static).

@Carcharoth Lucian.1378 said:

Not really, i play alac in fract and with pug parties i use all my cc (staff 5 + those from legends + axe 5...)
AND
cc cons because usually ppl
don't use cc at all
in random CM groups (not an issue in static).

There are always bad players

@Saniyah.1984 said:

@"Asum.4960" said:No more proper templates to quickly adapt and play how you want, no more proper KP to find and join the players/groups you want to, and now more consumables as optional added depth to substitute builds and increase variety.

Anyone is free not to join those groups or make their own ones, same with KP.

Even as someone who long quit playing this game in any hardcore capacity, I just find it silly to repeatedly punish the few remaining hardcore players making their own groups with their own requirements, just because others are too lazy to make their own groups not demanding any KP or consumables.

Not every group has to be for everybody, regardless of skill, experience or willingness to put in effort. That's such a silly utopia to push for. No one not wanting to play with consumables is harmed by someone else making a group demanding it, and the idea that everybody is just going to make "Everybody welcome, lets take 3h to clear this 45m daily content" groups once KP, Consumables, Tonics, Pot's, Food, AR, etc. is all removed from the game to make it more "accessible" is ridiculous and imo misguided.

It's just going to leave the content dead after all those most invested players who enjoyed all those intricacies have left.

@Asum.4960 said:

Even as someone who long quit playing this game in any hardcore capacity, I just find it silly to repeatedly punish the few remaining hardcore players making their own groups with their own requirements, just because others are too lazy to make their own groups not demanding any KP or consumables.

Not every group has to be for everybody, regardless of skill, experience or willingness to put in effort. That's such a silly utopia to push for. No one not wanting to play with consumables is harmed by someone else making a group demanding it, and the idea that everybody is just going to make "Everybody welcome, lets take 3h to clear this 45m daily content" groups once KP, Consumables, Tonics, Pot's, Food, AR, etc. is all removed from the game to make it more "accessible" is ridiculous and imo misguided.

It's just going to leave the content dead after all those most invested players who enjoyed all those intricacies have left.The groups you talked about are statics(should be) LFG groups are NOT hardcore lololThe problem was it becme and lfg requirement. that meant no choiceAlso the groups i joined without consumables are ussually better than with and 3 hours is super rare for me.

@Saniyah.1984 said:

It's just going to leave the content dead after all those most invested players who enjoyed all those intricacies have left.The groups you talked about are statics(should be)The problem was it becme and lfg requirement. that meant no choiceAlso the groups i joined without consumables are ussually better than with and 3 hours is super rare for me.

The choice is to make your own group without those requirements, wait for a group not having those requirements, or to fullfill those requirements.

Consumables have been a part of Fractals for years and years now, clearly they were not the problem here, nor were KP before them, nor are Pot's and Food after them, and (Choya etc.)Tonics beyond that.At this point Anet is just mandating what people are allowed to look for in their own LFG's or not like some authoritarian regime, in the most heavy handed way possible, by removing things they don't like being asked for from the game altogether. Everything further than playing at or asking for the lowest common denominator is outlawed.That just doesn't seem reasonable to me.

If I don't want to play with consumables, I just make a group not asking for it. What's the issue with that?For those who do want to play with consumables though, now there isn't any choice. Previously there was.

@Saniyah.1984 said:LFG groups are NOT hardcore lolol

Right, the ~30m , preclear, Reset 750KP+ LFG speedrunners and such are super casual ofc, and people aren't allowed to play the way they want and with whom they want outside of statics. Makes sense. That's why it's called the "Looking for casual group system", and not LFG, right?

I guess I didn't get the memo that hardcore players weren't allowed to utilise the LFG, or if they do, by definition aren't hardcore.

@Saniyah.1984 said:

Also the groups i joined without consumables are ussually better than with and 3 hours is super rare for me.

To complete @Asum.4960, it's not because the lfg don't ask for cc cons that the players in the party don't use it either (on CM100).

Do you honestly think a wooden plank or a rock should do more CC then actual skills. You cause this issues when you start demanding them in lfg which puts the usually oblivious anet to go hey wait these guys aren't passing content in a way we find legit. As always tho elitist tears are always the yummiest

@Jilora.9524 said:Do you honestly think a wooden plank or a rock should do more CC then actual skills. You cause this issues when you start demanding them in lfg which puts the usually oblivious anet to go hey wait this guys aren't passing content in a way we find legit. As always tho elitist tears are always the yummiest

?

People start to ask for it because the breakbar of the boss (in 100CM only) in hugh! (=3200)To break it, all players need to use their cc skills, not just alac/war (it's not enough), good luck with pugs...